Author Topic: "Pride Display" Vintage-esque Diorama  (Read 17111 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Diorama Displays
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Yeah, that sounds about ballpark...

Damn though, that's still pricey.  I'm passing either way, but if I was in the market for something to display SW stuff that I didn't build myself...  it'd be in the running.  it's a nice mix.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 11:13 PM »
Just did a quick conversion based on the rate right now, $30. GBP = $57.5891 USD.

Yeah, and the dollar has been sliding against the pound for two years now, so come time for these to ship in the UK next year, 69.99 may not be too bad. I was going to have a friend order a couple and ship them over, and to do so (figuring the preorder price, shipping, and reshipping) came to about the same as what SWS is asking. I'm not justifying the price, but in this case it doesn't look like its SWS that is doing the gouging.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2004, 11:45 PM »
Hmmm, found this place online, they have a pre-order for $63.99. There Suggested Price:  $79.99. Yikes!

comicsinfinity.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2004, 01:52 AM »
I wonder when they will annouce the other ones, and if Hasbro will realize there is a market for such items. 

I agree Jesse that this isn't exactly how I display my stuff either, but I do think these have quite a bit of potential.  Mainly for a Death Star/Cloud City set-up. 

Thanks BTW for not being anal and moving this thread like the mods did at another forum, as they thought it was only appropriate for vintage collecting.  I disagree since it comes with stands compatible with the modern line. 

If I win the lottery or something I'll order a set of each, and maybe a couple extras for a few of you guys.   ;)

:P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2004, 01:58 AM »
From our vinty section:

This running around between the vinty thread & the OTC thread is driving me 

I was thinking of merging both threads together but this is a vinty & modern subject so they can both stay where they are.  :)

If I win the lottery or something I'll order a set of each, and maybe a couple extras for a few of you guys.   ;)

I would like mine gift wrapped.  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2004, 02:04 PM »
LOL!   :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2004, 04:43 AM »
That was GNT alone being anal over at Scum, i think...  The vinty guys just merged the topics which is cool since they had one.  GNT on the other hand, was pulling power...

Honestly, that and the shot at it being "news" in his mind (Odd that someone not tasked with any reporting is setting personal guidelines of what is, and is not news...  I mean, if GNT's so adept at such things, why not appoint him as a reporter, ya know?  But I digress), are all little paybacks for (I think) a link or mention of Jedi Defender...  Typical kids stuff from him, pay it no mind.

Maybe since Galactic Hunter has the news too now, GNT will consider it more important?  He's not exactly Mr. Popularity over there either though...  Two sites who can't stand his ilk, so he's not welcome at either, and he lashes back at both a lot of the time. 

I'm not suprised in the slightest though...  Just speaks of his character.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2004, 12:42 PM »
I totally agree with your description of GNT and him being anal - the guy does that quite a bit and is one of a number of hinderances to the forums there.  In my experience this is definitely the best place to go and chat, and although there's a few less people that post here, I think that makes it a lot better here actually.

Anyways, I hope they do show some more of the diorama displays from that UK company... the prices on these are pretty steep, but if they can pull something outstanding together for a Death Star or Cloud City version, I'm in.   :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 06:12 PM »
I'm getting the vibe that we may not see these come to fruition, at least not after the initial one.  Anyone heard any news?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2005, 05:56 PM »
In the latest Insider, these are listed but the price is TBD... hopefully they can lower the price on these a LOT!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: "Pride Display" Vintage-esque Diorama
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Legends Action Figures here in Canada has the Action Figure Display Diorama instock for $69.99 CDN so about $58.335 US.

I'm still debating if I am going to pick this up.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 01:25 AM »
That's a good price.  I have about $120 in credit with Legends right now.  I've not been able to find anything I want, so maybe I'll just snag a couple of those and be done with it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 08:10 PM »
70 bucks is too much, but if they lower the price maybe and if they get a Cloud City definetly.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Pride Displays "A New Hope" Action Figure Diorama
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 12:05 PM »

Just a heads up that these are available on the "Pride Displays" new website for $54.99 with FREE shipping.  A lot better than the $79.99 + shipping most places were charging. 

I thought I'd give it a shot and just ordered one.  Anyone else get one of these yet?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 12:06 PM by Stim »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2005, 07:21 PM »
I have decided to pass on these... just not worth it to me, although that is a much better price Stim.   :-\