Author Topic: Need Advice on Dust, Air Filters, Ionic Breeze Etc....  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Need Advice on Dust, Air Filters, Ionic Breeze Etc....
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:59 AM »
So I'm having a large amount of dust around my place and I want to get some type of air filtration system going.  The dust has gotten out of freaking control - I'm sweeping every other day and even sweeping is kicking dust back up onto everything etc...

I'm looking at the Ionic Breeze - but it's like $360.  There are cheaper versions of the same thing for $200.00

I'm also concerned that the Ionic Breeze doesn't actually have any fans or anything - so if the air in the room is still, theoretically the air won't move through the system.

Anyone have anything employed in their households?  Anyone know anything about the Ionic Breeze or similar units? 

Reasons to get something that actually uses filters instead of Ionic breeze style stuff?

Any other types of things I could try to cut down on dust?  I keep my place quite clean, but it's just freaking everywhere - more than anyplace I've ever lived, and I can't figure out why.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice on Dust, Air Filters, Ionic Breeze Etc....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:27 PM »
I used to work at Radio Shack and they carried Air Purifiers.  Check them out, just another choice.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice on Dust, Air Filters, Ionic Breeze Etc....
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:32 PM »
When I said air filters - that's what I was referring to.  I'm not sure if I should get the kind that require filter replacement, the Ionic Breeze which does not - or something else entirely.