Author Topic: RE #14 - SURVIVAL  (Read 16148 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: RE #14 - SURVIVAL
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 04:16 PM »
awesome Chewie!!!  so psyched when I saw it was up, good read and visuals.  moving the words didn't take away from it at all, and if it means you get to finish them that much faster then I'm all for it.  more specific comments the first picture with Alyssa I was like who's the bald dude, the hair color on her kind of blends in to the wall a little too much, but not a big deal it just through me off a little till I read below.  love love the gen grev holo, nice touch.  i also like how you can see in the background in the first shot with dooku and sora the battle droid foot on the stair, it kind of makes it look i don't know i guess "lived in" but not overdoing it by putting people/droids all in the scene when there is no need for them to be there.  the witch now that's my favorite shot very creepy, i remember that custom and have been waiting to see what you'd do with her, I thought Sid's mom or something, ha ha ha!!!  i'd remove the burned skeleton in the shot with the droids chasing after the clone, it almost looks like he was on fire and somebody came along in a AT-TE  and tried to stomp him out.  this is an awesome story and the visuals are getting better and better, keep up the good work.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I loved it Man, your photo skills have improved a lot and I did see the effect of reflection on the water for the droids!!!!

Superb.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Tijuana -

Did you see the reflection in this pic?  I was even able to get a ripple effect in the water by Rykrof's feet.

Jedipurge -

I'm glad the words were placed ok this time, and yeah it does make them quicker and a lot easier to make.  Saves quite a bit of time actually.  I see what you mean about Alyssa's hair.  In that first pic it really blends in with the wall... oops.    Also, I'm glad that someone noticed the Battle Droid's leg in that pic.  Little things like that I think might go unnoticed, or ignored.  It actually took an extra 10 minutes to add that in.   

The burnt corpse does look a little silly I suppose, it's not supposed to be a clone but of a citizen on some planet that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

And yes the witch shot was a lot of fun to make.  I have a kind of sick idea for her in the next story.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 05:55 PM »
When would you geuss #15 will be out?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 06:58 PM »
When would you geuss #15 will be out?

... look for part 15 to take about a month to complete, as my next several weekends are going to be extremely busy and I won't have the extra time to devote to these for a while.  They take a very long time to do!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:58 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Yeah, most likely a month or so.  I will try and see if I can get it up before then though. 

Usually Monday and Tuesday nights I have time to work on them when I get home from work (my wife works those nights and I have some time by myself) so probably next week I can get started.

Next weekend I will be in Memphis, but I have that whole Monday off, so I could potentially make a lot of progress that Monday.  But two weekends after that I have to go to Springfield IL, for a wedding and will be gone Friday-Sunday.  So that weekend is shot too!

Then the next weekend is our annual Halloween party, the next weekend I'll be in Cape Girardeau (my old college) for a weekend of hanging out with some old friends.

So, we'll see how it goes!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Chewie,

Pleasantly suprised to see this chapter up so quick, and the plot is becoming more interesting with each one.  Keep it up!

I love a lot of the effects you put into it, the water effects, rotting clone, but I do think the Dooku head looked a bit odd.  The close-up he looks kind of ****-eyed, and the other shots where he's talking to Sora Bulq it just stands out and is a bit distracting...especially since he has such a neutral expression on his face and the actual figure has a good scuplt to it.

Great work though.....it's going to be a long month!   ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 08:10 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 08:19 PM »
to me the creature head looks like a rats tyrell figure.
And also Chewie i think the rotting clone is a bit much, it take days for him to start rotting, and the nose to be gone at least a week. Unless the water is acidic,l but still excellant plot, and story cant wait for the next one. 8)

sp1635

I was mentined in the photnovel that by the time chapter 14 starts, they've been there for weeks.

I love this, Chewie. I've waited for the Dathomir plot to begin and finally it's come!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 10:43 PM »
oh sorry justin didnt read that part :-\
dude perenial did you read this post  >:( jk ;)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 04:09 PM »
oh man you're wetting my appetite, about the witch.  that is such an awesome custom, i'm still looking for that base figure, but alas no go.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 05:48 PM »
oh man you're wetting my appetite, about the witch.  that is such an awesome custom, i'm still looking for that base figure, but alas no go.

Think AoD.
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 11:37 PM »
oh sorry justin didnt read that part :-\
dude perenial did you read this post  >:( jk ;)

i admit it, I'm a "read only the first few replies" guy. :P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Masterfully done Chewie, masterfully done. Your dialoge and picture quality have increased tremendously.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 11:17 AM »
SUPERB, Chewie, SUPERB!

Detailed comments to follow.....love this chapter!  I LOVE the Mon Calamari guy.

Even after setting such an impeccable standard, you continue to dazzle and amaze!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2005, 07:45 PM »
great work chewie, i really liked the chase scenes with the clone and rancor, poor clone didn't have a chance! the story seemed to go alot deeper this time with rykoff contemplating the war and the apperance of sora bulq, which was a great idea! your scenes and effects where great as usual and i can't wait for the next chapter.

did the seperatist hire freelo for excavating anything that will be of any importance in the story?

erik :)
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."