Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74076 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2005, 04:12 PM »
But isn't Hasbro also using these same molds elsewhere?  isn't the SA body also in commission as that Stealth Trooper, and the #6 in the Jedi Temple Set?  Obviously they can spread it around, so why not with the Spec Ops trooper?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 04:35 AM »
Hasbro's been wonky with what they say is happening with Clones.  Supposedly ALL this stuff's being produced/pushed now and they're utilizing all their molds to put out all the Clones they can (while keeping plain whites mixed in).

At this point, I think they could pull extra #6's they've got making all-white Clone #6's and put it to a different paintjob (the shocktrooper needs better distribution I know).  But that's my opinion.

I really think all 3 basic Clone grunt sculpts should see all the flavors of Clone trooper at this point though...  And like they did with the 1st Target Clone, they should be utilizing the Clone Wars SA sculpt as much as possible as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 12:01 PM »
I'm just bummed that Hasbro teased us with a SA body at comi-con. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 05:06 PM »
But not surprised eh Lord Anton? ::)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Something else I noticed the other day (and it's probably the closest to Hasbro's logic for using the AT-TE Gunner body) is that Gree (using the 41 Clone body) and Bly (using the 33 Commander body) are both Collection 1 figures.  As the 41 Clone was not a Collection 2 figure, Hasbro decided to use their only Collection 2 Clone sculpt for the 501st Clone, which is for some inexplicable reason, a Collection 2 figure.

Silly?  Sure.  Stupid?  Yup.  Typical?  Exactly. :)

And for those who are disappointed with the AT-TE swivel arms on the 501st Clone, the Jedi Temple Battle Pack 501st figures are well worth the price of the set, even if you do have to get another Clone Pilot and a #2 Anakin along with them. 

SilverZ

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2005, 08:36 PM »
I'm going to put my faith in the final Collection 2 501st figure using the SA body, and not the Gunner body. I went looking back at the SDCC Q&A shots, and the same images that are being circulated now were used in their ppt slides -- here's the C2 slide with the 501st:

It's the same studio shot, Gunner body. That means those shots were done some time before July, and at the time of the show, according to Hasbro, none of the post-56 had started their runs. So, I'd wager that what was shown on the floor was closer to final than what was used in the studio shots weeks prior.

At least that's my hope.  :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2005, 03:37 AM »
I'm going to put my faith in the final Collection 2 501st figure using the SA body, and not the Gunner body. I went looking back at the SDCC Q&A shots, and the same images that are being circulated now were used in their ppt slides -- here's the C2 slide with the 501st:

It's the same studio shot, Gunner body. That means those shots were done some time before July, and at the time of the show, according to Hasbro, none of the post-56 had started their runs. So, I'd wager that what was shown on the floor was closer to final than what was used in the studio shots weeks prior.

At least that's my hope.  :)

That's an astute observation. Here's hoping you're right!

Do we have any idea yet when the last 12 are supposed to start showing up?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Let the speculation begin...

EDIT:
These pictures were e-mailed to me, but it looks like they came from a member over at Rebelscum who got the figures early... according to him (he hasn't opened them yet) you can see the AT-TE Gunner head under the helmet and it appears that it is definitely the AT-TE Gunner sculpt.   :-\
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:12 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2005, 10:11 AM »
Well, that other site has reported that one of their forum members has gotten the final 5 Collection 2 figures, and the news isn't good for those of us who wanted an SA 501st.  It turns out that the figure is, as feared, a repaint of the AT-TE Gunner instead of the #41 Clone Trooper.  I can't tell from the photos if the helmet is removable or not, but he still has the bloodstained boots.

Also disappointing is the fact that the soldier is not identified on any part of the package as a member of the 501st, only as a member of "Vader's Legion."   :-\

Close Up of 501st Bubble

Index with all the other Collection 2 figures

EDIT: Jeff beats me to the punch.   :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 10:30 AM »
EDIT: Jeff beats me to the punch.   :P

Yeah, but all I had was the pictures of the 501st that I got in an e-mail.  Thanks for the link to the index with the rest of them...    ;)

Man are those Holo figures lame.  I mean, sure I'll buy them (OCD), but that doesn't make them un-lame.  No offense to those that want to re-create a Holo Jedi Council, but I would rather have had Cody or a Mygeeto "Galactic Marine".

edit:  as an FYI, I have spun the #65 off into his own thread since I'm sure that once the word gets around, his #38 Gunner body will be a hot topic of ranting discussion...  ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:45 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 12:10 PM »
i like it since it has a removable helmet  8) and the blood stain, cant wait!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 12:26 PM »
well time to buy more SA clones when found and customize them ourselves :-\
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 12:48 PM »
I guessed this would be a gunner body a while back(remember Anton -we talked about it) ::)-makes sense it was the only mold H hadn't reused yet ::)
Prepare to see the JTA value go up now as more folks would rather a #6 like this then a gunner!

Interestingly the leg stripes and wrist stripes in blue are on this figure making the JTA version different-purposedly making/creating more interest/controversy for Hasbro. ::) 

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Well I have to admit, it looks better than I thought it would (if this is legit). Now lets just hope they show up in good numbers.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Crud.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."