Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74077 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #75 on: October 3, 2005, 11:29 PM »
I don't know. I know I'm jinxing myself for saying it, but it seems every time I take a trip back East, I find everything I can't find out here. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 4, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I ain't findin' squat out here, but maybe that's further east that gets all the good stuff Anton?

I have to admit I did find SOME figs tonight but no Clones unfortunately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 8, 2005, 08:25 AM »
We have not had these hit in Utah (yet, maybe this am), and usually we get stuff rather quick here. The Lava guys hit as have the 5 Jedi Temple Assult figs (they are in the back and DCPI works if you want em).  We know they have hit So. Cal and the Bay Area, so hopefully soon we'll all see em. My fear as always on this wave is that it will be a one hit wonder and if you don't find em, you loose out on some (guess I'm lucky since all I want now is 1 Tact. Ops and 1 R4).

I have say though after reading the reviews on other sites about this figure, I have taken my count down to 1. I have 2 JTA and the number six clone, though not perfect due to the action feature, is a far better version than the AT TE. One guy reported that the arm things is still in affect. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: October 8, 2005, 06:04 PM »
The final wave hit in Colorado, I had a friend find Aayla, Plo, the Astro Droid, the Wookiee, and the 501st trooper.
"This is the way."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 9, 2005, 08:31 AM »
May I inquire what store this hit? I am assuming Target but assumptions like guns can be dangerous, so I thought I would clarify.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: October 9, 2005, 03:56 PM »
May I inquire what store this hit? I am assuming Target but assumptions like guns can be dangerous, so I thought I would clarify.

They were found at a Target.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 9, 2005, 10:24 PM »
I'm not concerned about picking this up- They already hit @  my Target with one case and I missed out- I'm really not concerned since my area x2 Targets typically only stock 1-2 cases of a wave while the x4Wal Marts usually stock 8-20 cases at a time! I likely will get x10-20 troopers and 1 ea of the rest as usual ::)

If I wanted to- I COULD have grabbed X40 grees and X40 blys on the night before the 1st of Oct when all my wal marts HAD tons (and I had no competition). Instead I only took x4 each

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2005, 03:47 PM »
So, for those who have found it, what is the deal with the head? 

I keep hearing mixed reports - the helmet is glued on, the helmet is removable, the helmet is a standard ROTS head?   ???

Anyone have one open yet?  All I keep seeing are carded photos...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2005, 10:04 PM »
The helmet is removable according to the guy I know who found it.
"This is the way."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2005, 10:55 PM »
im surprised no one has opened one yet or no pictures of them loose, probably posting them on ebay and making $$  >:(

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2005, 06:48 PM »
I have a theory that >50% of the people that buy the 1st case or 2 of the newest figures are just out for profit on Ebay or somesuch.  I'm such a cynic...  I found a Gree at a Target today and a VOTC Fett at a Tuesday Morning (weird but fun!)  I had Gree out of the stinking package by the time I closed the door to my car  :D  I wish there was a way to get figures loose or on hosed cards if you want.   Maybe it would  be easier for us openers to get the armies of troopers I so badly want.   Eg. Love the Utupau Target Stealth trooper...HATE the fact that he comes in a "special" package that makes it $$$$$$$$$  >:(

Blake

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Finally I get to see that the helmet is removable!

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0565tactical.asp

Blake

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Sweet Jesus!  Leave it to Hasbro to use the worst mold to produce the coolest clone from the movie!

Don't get me wrong, he'll still sell - but collectors are going to be disappointed when it comes to poseability.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Sweet Jesus!  Leave it to Hasbro to use the worst mold to produce the coolest clone from the movie!

Don't get me wrong, he'll still sell - but collectors are going to be disappointed when it comes to poseability.

At least they didn't use the 1995 Stormie body with a ROTS head... But the Gunner sculpt, save the non articulated-but-I-don't-care arms, the gunner sculpt is up to par with the SA sculpt.

SilverZ

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I seriously wonder what the hell the reasoning is behind the red dust/blood/whatever on the boots, still. It makes less sense than the choice of sculpt for the figure. That looks terrible standing with the Kmart Clones. If they wanted to add paint detail, they should have used scoring similar to the Evo clones or Bly, which would at least make some sort of sense.

I'm putting this down as a completely blown opportunity. I hope scalpers choke on this turd.