Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74080 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #150 on: December 1, 2005, 01:49 AM »
And I guess I was beat to it too, I got the link from a local buddy.  Heh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 1, 2005, 01:49 AM »
« Last Edit: December 1, 2005, 01:51 AM by SpudTrooper »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 1, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Thanks for the link, I think I got my order in just in time...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 1, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Well, I hooked up a fellow collector with 6 on Tuesday, and then left 10 more on the pegs last night so I know they are hitting Walmarts here. I have a friend who saw 12 at a local Target yesterday so they have arrived here in Utah (he has 6 which is what he wanted). I have my fill of em and may have 1 too many.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 1, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Hey, did you guys catch this?

Here you go, buy yourselves an early X-mas gift:

$6.99 each, use coupon code ETNLTR for $5 off any $40 order.

Tactical Ops Troopers

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 1, 2005, 09:32 PM »
I scored many of these today!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 2, 2005, 12:04 AM »
I really did think this day would come. I stopped looking to see if I could find a Bly to see if it is worth buying and I hit 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets, 1 TRU and at the Target and Walmart, I found a total of 12 of these figures, and this was at 6 to 7 pm! I had two in hand at one Target (only 2) and some collector was there with his wife (who is on a business trip from Pennsylvania) so I gave them to hiim (first he had found!). Was nice to see him walk away with 2 sets of the final 5! I think the Tactical ops will no longer be hard to find for the next 2 to 3 weeks.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #157 on: December 2, 2005, 04:27 AM »
I hope so.  I've got my #41 and my blue paint out...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 3, 2005, 12:35 AM »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 3, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I found two of these at Target today, but only got one since the other one was opened a little bit. While these look a lot better in person, I can already see that once I open it the left arm is going to come off. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 4, 2005, 02:47 PM »
I finally got our toy manager to order some (told her to only order Coll. 2) and we got 13 cases of figs, 2 Tactical Ops Clone in each. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 4, 2005, 03:26 PM »
You know, something just occured to me regarding the whole Comi-con SA prototype thing. Did anyone notice in the display that the Evolutions AOTC clone used a Gunner body, but came on an SA body? Perhaps the person doing up the hand painted prototypes accidently painted the wrong bodies for the display.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 4, 2005, 10:38 PM »
You know, something just occured to me regarding the whole Comi-con SA prototype thing. Did anyone notice in the display that the Evolutions AOTC clone used a Gunner body, but came on an SA body? Perhaps the person doing up the hand painted prototypes accidently painted the wrong bodies for the display.

That or it was a rush job and they just wanted product out in the display to give everyone an idea of what was to come.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 5, 2005, 02:01 AM »

That or it was a rush job and they just wanted product out in the display to give everyone an idea of what was to come.

Answer #2 is right because they (hasblo) never even planned to do the extra 12 figs...when they realized they were it was faster to do it the way they did (or saved them production costs somehow undoubtedly).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 5, 2005, 09:45 AM »

I kinda thought rush job was implied, therefor being the cause of the mix up. But yet, I prove once again what happens when one assumes.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2005, 09:46 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."