Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74075 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #180 on: December 9, 2005, 11:25 AM »
You know, I've said it many times - I just don't like this figure.  I love the 501st paint design, but I'd rather paint my own versions of the #41 clone anyday.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 9, 2005, 02:00 PM »
I agree...can you imagine...even on a #6 mold he'd be better- that and remove the red. I know yours would look the best anyway Chewie but seriously...if Hasbro used THAT much detail(Chewie-esque detailing) they'd make us pay for it and no one could build an army/afford it.  :(

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I went ahead and made my own today with a #41 and a fancy art marker from my brother's gallery.  It turned out pretty nice considering I was completely winging it.  I just chock up the sloppy lines to 'weathering'...  ;)

I doubt we'll see this guy before TSC hits.  The stores here seem to have gotten what they're going to get.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2005, 11:35 PM »
I must be in the minority, I love this guy. I hated it from prototype pics, but once I found and opened one, my opinion took a 180. The red isn't even red, it's more of a Geonosis colored dust. True, it's not the greatest sculpt, but it's good for what it is.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Heh.. here's my version -

Wnat one, just PM me - I just need the parts and an extra #41 for myself.  Not that mine are the best, but they're pretty fun!

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2005, 07:55 PM »
Great Job Chewie!

Just thought I'd share, this morning my local target put out a 501st case and I was very happy to see a Mom shopping for her kids get one with out having to fend off anyone. Nice to know that it can happen with this figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I was able to pick up my last 3 today at Target.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Nickel

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2005, 08:56 PM »
I still can't find any here. All the star wars figures have been tough to find since the holiday shopping. It's good to see that a lot of kids will be getting star wars toys this year!!!

I hope there are more to come, but good for the kids.
"You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Yeah, I dare say even Neimoidian Warriors aren't in abundance here.  Did they ship out or sell out?  Very interesting...  They did seeming just disappear right away though, and I'm a little bummed to say that I miss them.  I'd gotten to know them well and looked forward to buying a small Frog Army on clearance.  Alas this appears unlikely now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2005, 04:20 AM »
All the Neimodians and for some reason, all the Mas Amedda's at my local Target have vanished.  Lots of moms and dads in the SW section, hunting for Vader, etc.  And nope, still no 501st.  Sigh.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2005, 08:16 AM »
If they need Vader they need to broaden their shopping horizons to Wal-Mart.  One near me has about 5 pegs of nothing but the man in black.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2005, 10:03 AM »
All the Neimodians and for some reason, all the Mas Amedda's at my local Target have vanished.  Lots of moms and dads in the SW section, hunting for Vader, etc.  And nope, still no 501st.  Sigh.

I was kind of surprised to see that happening around here too.  I didn't think we'd ever see all the Neimodians disappear from Target, but the last time I was there the basic figure section had been reduced to two columns, and they had 10 figures on the pegs.  7 Polis Massans, 2 Mas Ameddas, and one lonely Nemo Warrior.  Definitely not the "cream of the crop" for holiday shopping parents, etc., but I'm kind of glad the pegs are jammed full...it increases the chances of seeing the Saga Collection when it starts showing up.

As far as the 501st, I've seen one of them one time...on Black Friday buried in the mess below the pegs that Wal-mart always seems to have.  I bought that one, and haven't seen any of the "Final 5" since really.  I've basically got what I wanted, although I would have liked another 1-2 501st troopers (and maybe the Wookiee gunner), but if I don't find them at retail I won't sweat it too much.  At least I have one I guess.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2005, 10:09 AM »
I finally got one of these, along with a shocktrooper, at the local flea market for twelve dollars each. I was having trouble finding these two, and I figured it would be better to spend $24 on them then $50 at like Brians Toys online. 

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2005, 02:33 PM »
The more I find of this figure, the more I like it.  I cannot say "no" to it even at KB Toys $6.99.  I just love the paint scheme, and the removeable helmet.  The arms are poseable enough even with the AT-TE body that you can pose them firing or standing at attention.  Keep 'em coming!!
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Chewie - your customs look spot on!  May have to take you up on your offer... ;)