Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52148 times)

SilverZ

#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2005, 06:22 PM »
And what the hell happened to "Bly will take months of time to get re-aproved" rah rah rah bull****?

Kevin

Did you not want to see Bly until months later? Or are you mad that something that could have been bad didn't happen? Or is there nothing to complain about today?

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that the 501st Clone shot was taken before SDCC. I hate that damned Gunner body and there's NO reason to use it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2005, 06:37 PM »
I'm a little mad because of the fact that I paid Colman to steal it, and now it's coming out as planed. :P

No, I just want to know what the deal is? Was that guy just spouting fire and brimstone to be a dick?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Legitimate question that may or may not belong in this thread:  I'm seriously considering ordering a case of the 57-62 Collection 1 figures from EE, since I see Bly and Gree being a major headache to find at retail.  I figure that the Vaders can go to charity fairly easily, as can any other figures in the case that I already have.

Here is my question (two parts!) that I was hoping someone could edjumacate me one, as this would be my first time ordering a case of figures:

1.  Is EE reliable with these cases?  By that, I mean do they get enough to fill orders, do they get them on time, do you get what you order (e.g. what is listed as being included), etc? 

2.  I noticed that New Force, while not having either of the "Final 12" C1 or C2 cases up for preorder, sells cases for about 10 dollars less than EE.  I've not had any luck with NFC in the past with preorders (nothing wrong with them, I just didn't have the best luck), so is EE the best place to go, even if it is 10 bucks more (at least)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions and possibly add more that I forgot to mention. :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I've had nothing but excellent luck/service from EE.

As far as New Force goes I know someone from here ordered the last wave that was available and they stated that they would receive the shocktrooper and the green clone commander but when the buyer received it had the plain #6 and red Clone commander. So… I'd stick with EE if I were you.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

SilverZ

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2005, 08:04 PM »
I always preorder with EE, and they're always top-notch, service-wise. Unfortunately this year they've not been recieving their cases in the same timeframe as the big box stores, and I've consistently found figures at retail long before my orders with them have been made available for pick-up. I've even attempted to slow my stops to accomodate the idea of getting cases, and they've just not been able to keep up. Unfortunate.

New Force has always been cheaper. I haven't used them, though, since I waited months and months for a wave of figures that never arrived, and ended up finding at retail. Then, unannounced, they arrived. Being locked into the preorder purchase with them and running the risk of that kind of BS happening scared me away.

If trends continue through Christmas with B&M stores getting shipments in the order of weeks ahead of the smaller online guys, I'd place bets on you finding even a small army of 501st before your online order arrived.

But, as always, I've put my order in with EE, and hope they get those cases in a competitive timeframe. They're such nice folks (those that have been there from the beggining, that is  ;) ) that I want to make the effort to send business their way. That's a real rarity these days.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Jared's right they been consistently a month to two slower than ever before- it may have to do with the mOvie year sheer volume in distro but as you can see they still as of yesterday did not have the clone evo's in stock yey..or the sidious..or new battlepacks...I got my wave 3 deluxe case 2 months after they were released in stores! But, they guarantee mint and ship well. :-\ I never even heard of those other guys you mentioned..at least EE is a short drive from here so I can save on shipping ;) 

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2005, 03:26 AM »
No one does it better than EE.  Like Jared stated they have the best customer service in the business, (they answer the phone saying "How may we serve you"), I always receive my orders mint, and they have no "restocking" fees for cancelling pre-orders.  They always get my online business, even if they are alittle bit more expensive than other e-tailers.

FWIW, EE has been a little slower in receiving their orders from Hasbro.  I got my shipping confirmnation yesterday stating my Clone Evo order has shipped (same day Jay reported finding the Clone Evo at TRU) and it was on my doorstep this afternoon.  So they are doing pretty good getting stuff out, all things considered.

Oh, and another tip order as early as possible, that will ensure you getting your stuff as soon as EE gets it from Hasbro.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:27 AM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2005, 05:32 AM »
Fall. Don't you love this hobby?

But actaully never. Those clones are actually already gone. You'll never see them. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #203 on: September 3, 2005, 04:56 AM »
I was thinking today how much better that supposed Holo Anakin would have been in this group than say Aalya, or for sure, that Neimodian and Grevious Guard.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 3, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Fall. Don't you love this hobby?

But actaully never. Those clones are actually already gone. You'll never see them. :)

Yeah.  I finally found a deluxe clonetrooper 3 pack yesterday.  I know those have been out awhile.  I don't really want it but I thought that was interesting.  I finally saw several SA clonetroopers at a Wal-Mart the other day.  I have found them before but usually just one or two hanging on the pegs at one store. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 8, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Well there are auctions for Gree, Bly and company on ebay coming from Singapore. That usually means that they'll be out here in the States real soon.
I remember my dream now.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 8, 2005, 09:15 PM »
I found a Bly up for sale in Hong Kong that is going for 21.00 currently. AHQ and others have em up for sale and for shipping by the end of the month. I still think we are anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks out on new stuff depending on where we live, how current stores are stock etc. 
« Last Edit: September 8, 2005, 09:32 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 9, 2005, 12:40 PM »
ActionHQ has collection 1 up for presale and has carded pictures of all of them (albiet small.) Gee comes with the big AT-RT driver shooting riffle and the picture on the side shows how glaringly off the figures paint scheme is on the helmet. :-[

Hopefully Collection 2 images will surface soon to settle the 501st sculpt debate.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #208 on: September 9, 2005, 12:47 PM »
That paint job on Gree doesn't look so hot, does it? At least not anywhere near the quality of the sample shown at the cons. I hope part of the problem is the amount of detail blurred by the lighting haze off the plastic bubble in his shots. I'm looking forward to Gree the most out of the next round.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 9, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Galactic Hunter has some pics up of #57-63 carded (front and back).  I agree, I'm looking forward to Gree the most out of these final 12...as well as the other clones.  Hopefully we'll see the rest of them soon.