Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52147 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Great pics once again Jared, thanks.  I can't wait to find those last few clones.  Despite the complaints about Gree's "look", I'm looking forward to that figure the most I think.  Just one of my favorite of the "new" clones from ROTS.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I am going to post that I am very much in doubt about the posting at Galatic Hunter. I think the figures are from overseas since we are missing a receit to verify the purchase. We know from EE that one case ratio will have 3 per case. I also base this on the fact that if you check the major threads on the major forums on finds, you fail to have anyone in the LA area making reports of the same finds, or anyone on the West coast area reporting finding these. Perhaps I am wrong and since Targets here stock on Tuesday's, Thursday's or Saturday's traditionally, perhaps they will hit later this week.
 So . . . I am still in doubt about this post, and I am going to focus on my Wally's this week and if they show up at Target locally guess I can hope that a fellow collector can hook me up.

Furthermore, as I look at the picture, it sure looks photocroped to me. Look at the loose Clones, and how the card on the left intersects the 501st clone near Gree. Just looks fishy is all. That and the head that is on the bottom of the picture that looks like it comes from the cards. So, again, I have my doubts.  Probably am wrong, just looks weird and no other collaboration.

Interesting points. Does anyone know anything about the poster? That my help to clue us in on the authentisity of the report.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2005, 10:10 AM »
If anyone needs some pics, check out Jared's additions to the Image Database for # 57 - 63: 8)

57 Commander Bly
58 Wookiee Commando
59 Commander Gree
60 Grievous' Bodyguard
61 Passel Argente
62 Cat Miin
63 Neimoidian Commander

Awesome pictures!  I'm officially jealous!

SilverZ

« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Thanks for the comments on the pics, guys.  :)  I have sort of standard shots I do for all figures and then some action shots. If you're looking through them and ever see something that you think is missing, give me a shout over PM. It would be good to have the feedback so I can better tailor the db for what everyone likes to see from images.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Great pics Jared! Having Gree in hand I have to say he BLOWS. He looks worse in person than he does in the pictures. I don't know how they could have gotten him so wrong, the picture on the insert  looks completey different from the figure. I have no idea why I bought that piece of crap. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2005, 05:20 PM »
Gree sucks!!(picked up my figs sunday)
Couldn't they(Hasbro) even match his helmet paint to the pic??! >:( I mean where's all the white(above the helmet forehead area) compared to the pick on the left of the card??!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2005, 05:26 PM »
I'll buy this figure despite its errored paint ops… but I'll still make my own movie accurate version.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2005, 06:45 PM »
The funny thing is that you guys hate the figure but you still bought it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2005, 06:57 PM »

I will more than likely return it or use it for custom fodder, but yes I do find thatr amusing too. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #264 on: September 27, 2005, 06:59 PM »
I think the best one is the Wookie Commando....he looks really cool.

Passel Argente and Cat Miin are also pretty cool looking.

Bly looks pretty good....I don't open them, but he looks to have some good articulation.  Jesse, I'm awaiting your review!

Even though the Commander Gree figure doesn't look like the actual character, he looks ok for a green clone trooper. (I do wish they had gotten him right though....you'd think someone would've noticed the packaging at the Hasblo plant)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 27, 2005, 07:28 PM »

I will more than likely return it or use it for custom fodder, but yes I do find thatr amusing too. :P

Well Ryan if you do happen to return him you can send him my way. I need one for my Kashyyk mini dio Im doing.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I think the best one is the Wookie Commando....he looks really cool.

Passel Argente and Cat Miin are also pretty cool looking.

Bly looks pretty good....I don't open them, but he looks to have some good articulation.  Jesse, I'm awaiting your review!

Even though the Commander Gree figure doesn't look like the actual character, he looks ok for a green clone trooper. (I do wish they had gotten him right though....you'd think someone would've noticed the packaging at the Hasblo plant)

Bly is pretty goood for a repaint but they got the color wrong. He doesn't match his grunts. >:(
"This is the way."

SilverZ

« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2005, 08:35 PM »
The more I look at Gree, the more the suspenders bug me. He looks like a lumberjack.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Just try not to think about it to much. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2005, 08:43 AM »
The more I look at Gree, the more the suspenders bug me. He looks like a lumberjack.

Of course he does, it takes a lumberjack of a clone to take down the wookies.  And you have to have balls the size of Paul Bunyan to try and take on Yoda, orders aside.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.