Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52136 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Haven't seen any in VA. I really want that Gree and Wook Gunner and wouldn't mind getting that uber-cool Holo Ploo Koon.  ;)

I was looking at the RS photo archive entrys of the Wookie Commando and Wookie Gunner and I was thinking, wouldn't it make more sense if the Gunner, which includes two detonators and a zip-line, to switch names with the Commando, which includes a gun turret? Because being a Gunner, he would most likely use a gun turret, while the Commando would use "special" weapons such as detonators and a zip-line as observed during the Battle Of Kashyykk.

We already discussed that. ;) And we came to the same conclusion.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2005, 01:11 PM »
WM really hasn't gotten the Collection 2 stuff yet, and with DVD release and X-mas coming up, Hasbro is going to have to shipping something in the way of basic figures. I suppose, there still could be earlier waves waiting for distrubution, but I'm hoping that this last wave will not be a difficult as previous last waves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2005, 04:44 PM »
They havn't hit here at my WM's either Anthony...just waiting.. my stores typically stock 8-14 cases at once so I'm expecting to get plenty of 501st ::)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2005, 07:39 AM »
Its a bitch knowing I still cant find any Red Shocktroopers or Black Pilots but have seen tons of Gree and Bly figs in my area ???  Anyone else having these two sit in there area?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2005, 09:54 AM »
They were sitting in my home area of NE PA when I was there two weeks ago, but they were nowhere to be found in western NC and here in CA, everyone and their mother are grabing these two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I'm in the same boat you are, Jim.  Never seen a shocktrooper or black pilot.  Right now, they're my top priority.  Just hope their time hasn't passed and they get re-released in another case.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2005, 12:30 PM »
I'm really hoping the final 5 start showing up at places other than Target (e.g. Wal-Mart) because I'm not going to have time to go in Target over the next six weeks (8-5 work schedule) and at least WM is open 24 hours a day.  Even then, with it being a new area for me, I don't know when things are stocked, what the collecting climate is like, and so forth.  So, uh, Slothus, remember dear old DP if you happen to run across extras of the last 5 C2 figures.   :-*

Gree and Bly don't exactly sit around me, but it's definitely becoming easier to find those two than I expected.  They still go pretty fast, but it's far from the cluster**** I anticipated, and I haven't seen any "RARE OMG VHTF RECALLED" auctions on Ebay for either.  The only weird thing I have noticed with Gree is that the paint jobs/detailing from figure to figure are randomly unique.  As I said in another thread, the two that I have gotten so far vary in terms of dirt and wear, and the third one I looked at yesterday (but did not buy) had a helmet that bordered on the "rolling around in mud" look.  Strange that they can do varying levels of wear, but they can't even get the helmet right.  ::)

And guys, I'm on the lookout for Shocks and Clone Pilots.  Just haven't really seen anymore since I got Jim's a few weeks back.   :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2005, 01:57 PM »
I'm glad that more people are starting to see the "Final 12" in greater abundance.  There has been basically no sign of them around here, aside from the Wookiee Commando (#58 I believe?).  That has been the only figure from those waves that I have seen, and I've looked fairly regularly.  I really only want the clones (Gree, Bly, 501st), and maybe the astromech and other wookiee if/when I see them.  Pretty well caught up aside from those, so hopefully I can get a hold of those soon and then just have the Twins Exclusives and Clone Wars DVD packs to finish up the year (unless The Saga Collection shows early).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2005, 02:02 PM »
Here in MN, they are really hitting the local Targets. (in time for the sale, woot! ;D)

I've seen a couple of the Collection 2 cases come throughthe local Target so far this week and I've seen three different versions on the Wave 7 case (Rev 0, Rev 1, and Rev2) pop up this week too.

The cases seem to have a good mix of repacks we haven't seen for a while (#10 Mace, #18 3PO, #26 Yoda) and those seem to be selling well (to kids I'd guess).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2005, 09:55 AM »
Here in MN, they are really hitting the local Targets. (in time for the sale, woot! ;D)

Speaking of which, around here, any time there is a sale at Target, they have to break out the rain checks because they never get in any figures to promote it. What's the deal?

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2005, 10:36 AM »

Speaking of which, around here, any time there is a sale at Target, they have to break out the rain checks because they never get in any figures to promote it. What's the deal?

That's because when they do get the stuff in the previous week they hardly ever hold it for the promo. As soon as the stuff comes in they toss it right to the floor. Quite a few of the Targets by me stocked a good amount (mostly Gree/Bly wave) the week BEFORE the sale. Now they don't have anything to put out the week of the sale. If Target really cared that the product would be available the week of the sale they would wait till saturday night to deliver it. Although Corporate shouldn't have to babysit these store managers either. Store managers should be able to pay enough attention to detail beforehand to make sure they're aware of ALL product that needs to be held back. Not just the exclusives...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2005, 07:39 AM »
I saw a gaggle of Neimodian Commandos at Target but passed.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Here's what hitting in Utah right now:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85173H
1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #2), 1x Yoda (EIII #26), 1x Chewbacca (EIII #5), 2x Darth Vader (EIII #11), 1x Emperor Palpatine (EIII #12), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (EIII #27), 1x General Grievous (EIII #36), 2x Clone Trooper (EIII #41), 1x R2-D2 with Mustafar sounds (EIII #48), 1x Commander Bly (EIII #59)

and

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85173G5
1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #2), 1x Mace Windu (EIII #10), 2x Darth Vader (EIII #11), 2x Yoda (EIII #3), 2x Clone Trooper (EIII #41), 1x Destroyer Droid (EIII #44), 1x R2-D2 with Mustafar sounds (EIII #48), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader Pilot) (EIII #55), 1x Commander Gree (EIII #57)

and
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85173F3
1x Yoda with spinning attack (EIII #26), 1x General Grievous with four lightsaber attack (EIII #9), 2x Darth Vader with lightsaber attack (EIII #11), 1x Clone Commander (EIII #33, green or red), 1x Clone Trooper (EIII #41), 1x Destroyer Droid (EIII #44), 2x R2-D2 with Mustafar sounds (EIII #48), 2x AT-RT Driver (EIII #54), and 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi Red Leader Pilot (EIII #55)

and
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85173A
1x Mace Windu with force combat (EIII #10), 1x Darth Vader with lightsaber attack (EIII #11), 1x Emperor Palpatine with firing force lightning (EIII #12), 1x R2-D2 with droid attack (EIII #7), 1x Super Battle Droid with firing arm blaster (EIII #4), 1x Grievous' Bodyguard with battle attack (EIII #8), 1x General Grievous with four lightsaber attack (EIII #9), 1x Chewbacca with Wookie rage (EIII #5), 1x Clone Trooper with quick-draw attack (EIII #6), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi with slashing attack (EIII #1), 1x Anakin Skywalker with lightsaber attack (EIII #2), and 1x Yoda with firing cannon (EIII #3).

the cases seem to end in A00L, A00K, A00P, A00N, and A00M, and I am seeing amounts that FILL the pegs [2 cases to 3 per store of each wave] (the Jordan Landing Walmart locally is the #1 volume store in the Intermountain Region {Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Wyoming} and they filled 30 pegs fill of these figures Friday night heading into Saturday).  I guess it makes sense for kids and parents since these are the most popular figures (main characters). I just hope they sell out so the 10 to 20 cases of the last five make it out!

As has been shared in another thread the last five are being held back at Walmart stores until Nov. 1st, (at least here and it seems in other places) thus why they don't ring up in the system. Guess the question is what is the "secret" release date for the final 5 at Walmart. I ma guessing they will be on the pegs for Tuesday.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 01:12 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I saw that second cases assortment at Target today.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2005, 01:40 AM »
completed my ep3 collection saturday. Picked up holo plo koon. Additionally got a second 501 clone. Yeah! EP#3 complete!!