Author Topic: 25 pounds in 6 weeks. Can I do it? V 2.0  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 pounds in 6 weeks. Can I do it? V 2.0
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Welcome to JD, the fattest collecting site on the net. :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Welcome to JD, the fattest collecting site on the net. :-X

Phattest.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 09:44 AM »
We need a JediDefender weigth loss club, I think.  Lets do it! Who else?
Kevin
*bump*
Since it's the New Year I decided to bump this up.  I joined Weight Watchers yesterday and I plan to lose some serious weight and get fit this year.  I think Kevin's a great inspiration for us 8)  Who else is in?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 09:45 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 10:52 AM »
I'd like to lose 40 but not by Weight Watchers method..I'll try to run it off. Would like to get down to 200lbs ::) It's been some years since I've been that low-well not since after 9/11 when we deployed for war. 8)

I've always had a pretty substantial frame and I really carry 200 lbs quite nicely for being 73" but it just gonna be a test to get there. Annually for fitness exams I can get down to 224-226 (enough to pass the tests but..... I could stand to lose more and look better than a sloth)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:01 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Didn't mean for others to join Weight Watchers too -- only to join me in an effort to lose the weight and get fit  ;)  Running sounds like a good plan Jon -- don't think my fat ass will be doing that for a while though.......... :P  I did WW before I had my last baby and I lost 50lbs -- worked well for me. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 11:05 AM »
whoa 50! that's awesome :o. Shoot, why even worry about 10 now or is that all you need to lose? Sounds great, though

I run every year from Jan till May/ June..I get to where I'm going 3-4 miles a day(I consider not bad for a 35 year old over 200). After my annual fitness exam(that I pass) I slack(sloth) off-  gotta stop that!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 11:20 AM »
10?  I wish! :P  I'm still carrying the baby weight -- and she was born over a year ago!  I need to lose 40 just to get back where I was on WW before I got pregnant :-[

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 01:28 PM »
hell i'll join in.  i figure i need to lose about 20 so while everybody laughs at how pathetic that is, you guys don't know how lazy my ass is to actually do it, or how low my will power is to run to the snack machine.  i hit my 10 years since i graduated H.S. this June so even though i might not even go to a reunion i'd at least like to get back to the weight i was back then.  so is there a definate date as to when we start?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 02:37 PM »
hell i'll join in........so is there a definate date as to when we start?
No time like the present -- how about now?  Or for the procrastinators I'll cut you some slack -- say Monday?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 07:33 PM »
I actually put on 10 thanks to holiday eating. In my family, it's like an insult to tell some one you can't have your food. Then they make you eat more than the first serving. It's a vicious cycle. But I've been on the excercise train the entire time. I just needed to get back on the diet horse.

I've been back on my diet again for about a week and I'm already feeling better again.

My next goal is another 50. That seems like much, but I want to be a comfortable 200-210lbs. I'm thinking I'm going to keep the 6 week goal I estableshed the last time I went to war with the bulge!

Good luck gang!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Try as I may (which isn't very hard) I can't get under 150 lbs.  I have a bit of a gut.  But I'm just too damn lazy to do anything about it.

:P

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Try as I may (which isn't very hard) I can't get under 150 lbs.  I have a bit of a gut.  But I'm just too damn lazy to do anything about it.

:P

How tall are you? If you're 5'-5" or over you're doing fine. Check this out, and then hit the gym vs. trying to starve it off.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Ryan are you still attending CSU? just wondering I live in Collins but im not telling you who i am where i live or anyhting ;)

And ive been losing fat but have retained my weight im growing in height at incredible speeds, thank God  :P and my six pack is finaly showing though  ;D

best wishes Ryan get your  :-X on the treadmill  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 04:41 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 2, 2006, 04:17 PM »
bumping this thread with a late update:

I lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks so far..from 242 to 228.
Could probably be more lost but I can't run still. I've had 'heel spur' plantar fasciatus in my left foot so I can't run like I'd like to. I've just finished physical therapy and after several months I'm now back to 90% on that foot healed. My Doc doesn't want me to run until he gets a chance to fit my foot with a special orthopedic sole. In the mean time I've been exercising 2 times a day for 40 minutes to an hour each time. I can do the eliptical machine, ergo bike, swim or water aerobics. I'm also lifting weights 3 times a week again. So far "It's working --it's working". ahhh, sigh just 28 pounds more to lose I'll bet the last 15 will be real tough :( So for right now...I'm still a fatass but at leasted I don't look like a bloated fatass. :-\
« Last Edit: August 2, 2006, 06:14 PM by Darth Slothus »