Author Topic: Silver Fett and Clonetrooper coming...  (Read 23963 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Fett and Clonetrooper coming...
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2003, 10:39 AM »
I had been toying with the idea of going to Wizard World in Chicago.  I've never been to that show, or Chicago.  So, this figure might've sealed the deal.

It's supposed to be a great show.  Hasbro's going to be there, showing off some new goodies.  Plus, an exclusive?  They had to twist my arm!

And if I do go, and the Cubbies are in town, I might just have to catch a game at Wrigley field.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
  • Scruffy-looking Nerfherder
    • View Profile
    • The Official Star Wars Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2003, 01:54 PM »
> I NEVER got anything when I simply renewed my membership every year or two, which always bothered me a little.<

Yep - there hadn't been a membership kit in years.  As soon as we took over the Fan Club, it was one of the first things we brought back.

-Vic.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2003, 02:11 PM »
I'm really glad to see the added availability for the silver Fett figure.  Though I doubt I'll be able to get to any of the conventions myself, it sounds like many people will be able to, and that's definitely good for a lot of the collectors out there.  Hopefully the Fan Club gets a nice supply of them in afterwards to satisfy the rest of us who can't get one on the convention route.

And welcome to JediDefender Vic!  It's great to see you visiting this site as well now.  I know you'll get some good input from these guys (and gals)!  Best gang around the net from what I've seen so far.   8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2003, 03:31 PM »
Here, here, Snively!  As a Fan Club member, I really appreciate it if this Silver Boba Fett is indeed made available to the membership who can't attend the summer conventions.  The East Coast does seem to be getting the cold shoulder in the conventions that were selected:

Origins
Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, OH
June 26 - 29

Comic-Con International
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA
July 17 – 20

Gen Con Indy
Indiana Convention Center
Indianapolis, IN
July 24 - 27

Wizard World Chicago
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Rosemont, IL
August 8 – 10

Why isn't the Fan Club going to be at Wizard World in Philadelphia?  That seems to be a legitimate question to me.

Feedback

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2003, 03:57 PM »
Unfortunately, Wizard World East is set to happen before the figures are even in the country.

-Vic.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2003, 05:00 PM »
Thanks for the answer, Vic.  I appreciate you coming to forums like this to share some info.

I guess that brings up one point of concern for most fan club members who can't attend these shows.  How does the Fan Club intend to market the Silver Boba Fett's after the summer convention season?  Will the Paizo site be offering this figure, or will it be available at the old Star Wars Fan Club Online Store?

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2003, 05:24 PM »
How does the Fan Club intend to market the Silver Boba Fett's after the summer convention season?  Will the Paizo site be offering this figure, or will it be available at the old Star Wars Fan Club Online Store?

Looks and sounds to me like it's going to be the "new" Fan Club (Paizo) that's going to be getting these in and distributing them, and not the old WOTC store.   8)  That's a very positive sign that the new Fan Club is now moving into the "figure" related product realm, like many of it's members have been hoping to see.  Hopefully this might lead to some Fan Club exclusive figures sometime in the future, like several of the previous cool figures we got a number of years ago.  I'm sure if/when that happens, Vic will be right here on the spot to let us know!  :: fingers crossed ::

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2003, 06:22 PM »
Yes - the figure will be available through starwars.paizo.com.

As for the other comments, we hope that a magazine column and an action figure are just the beginning of our relationship with Hasbro.

-Vic.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2003, 01:05 PM »
Greetings Vic, thank you for the response to my comments.  I'm pleased you took the time to address those points I brought up.  It was indeed an unexpectedly pleasant surprise.  

The price is $28.95 USD for the US, and $39.95 USD for Canada.  At today's exchange rate, that's $55.25 CAD.  I wish it could be lower, but the Canadian Postal Service doesn't let us take  advantage of the special magazine postage rate that the US Post Office offers.
Thank you for a reasonable explanation.  An $11 premium is something I can (well, have to) live with, given I live in Canada.  As opposed to some organizations (hello, KB?) I am pleased to see that the fan club recognizes Canada is not on another planet (excuse the little side jab).

You're talking about the Official e-commerce site run by Wizards of the Coast - their license allows them to sell items to members and non-members alike.  However, the Fan Club is now run by Paizo Publishing.  Items on our site (starwars.paizo.com) are available to Fan Club Members only.

Well there you go.  Now, here's my challenge to you as the new "owners" of the fan club.  Offer me enough from the fan club, that I can get no where else and I'll not only join, but also renew my membership in future.  You'll see my membership shortly given the scenario that I face with the Silver Fett.  Inevitably, it will be cheaper for me to join the fanclub than to head off to the secondary, non-collector market to get the Fett.  But I will be watching you in the future ;)

For those of you who have reservations about joining the Fan Club because of past experience, please be aware that it's under new management, and we've been working hard to make it the best it has ever been.  We've brought back the membership kit for the first time in years; we brought back Bantha Tracks quarterly for members only; we've increased the amount of collecting content in the magazine, including a regular "Toybox" column, where, this month, Hasbro's Andy Espenshade revealed the first photo of the Unleashed Boba Fett.  We've been working hard to deliver more fan interactivity, which you'll read about soon right here at jedidefender.com.  We hear every day that the Insider is better than ever, and we're working to make it even better than that.

And a good start that is.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2003, 01:23 PM »
Vic,
as a member of a Canadian Star Wars board, might I be so bold as to extend to you an invitation to post at that board?  The site is called Snowtroopers and can be found here Snowtroopers.  The main page is found at http://www.snowtroopers.ca

I believe a whole lot of fellow Canuckleheads may be suffering from the same misconceptions as I am/was.  A brief explanation over there about how Paizo will operate.  I know the folks that run that site would be more than pleased to see you there.

cheers.

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2003, 12:42 PM »
>Offer me enough from the fan club, that I can get no where else and I'll not only join, but also renew my membership in future<

I'll try.  

>A brief explanation over there about how Paizo will operate.<

I don't mind participating in an existing thread if it warrants, but I'm not comfortable with creating a new discussion about Paizo myself; it's a little too close to unsolicited commercial posting for my comfort.

I watched this board for a couple of weeks before I decided that I had something to say that everybody would want to hear.

-Vic.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2003, 02:33 PM »
I wasn't a member for a long time but joined not too long ago after the switch.  I didn't join because of any exclusives or anything, but because I really like seeing what other fans are doing and what crazy people we all are
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2003, 02:46 PM »

I'll try.  

I don't mind participating in an existing thread if it warrants, but I'm not comfortable with creating a new discussion about Paizo myself; it's a little too close to unsolicited commercial posting for my comfort.

I watched this board for a couple of weeks before I decided that I had something to say that everybody would want to hear.

-Vic.

Fair enough.  I'll start a thread over there, you feel free to join in if you like.  I appreciate your point regarding unsolicited advertising, however, this is the fan club, something we are all supposed to want to be part of, so I think the rules are a little different.  Regardless, I'll respect your point of view and if you choose to comment, great, if not, no worries at all.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2003, 01:42 PM »
Just saw this posted on the main page of RS. The Silver Boba Fett will be available this weekend in Columbus Ohio at the Origins Con.
Note: This will be limited to 2 figures per person per weekend, not per day & your passes will be punched when you purchase your 2.

RS Main Page

Have at it gang. Go get him & good luck. Soon Adam, soon.  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2003, 02:03 PM »
If Ohio were a bit closer to Chicago I'd probably drive there.  Thankfully I'll get my shot at this at the Chicago convention.
dustrho