Author Topic: Silver Fett and Clonetrooper coming...  (Read 23965 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Silver Fett and Clonetrooper coming...
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2003, 02:57 PM »
I really don't care too much for these, I have a Silver R2 and he is cool, don't have a Silver VAder and don't care that I don't  The exclusivity of Convention type exclusives (see Muppets and MOTU lines) borders on asinine IMO.  Same goes for Mr Sacul as well

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 03:03 PM »
Well, I'm a comletist so I'm going to get these one way or another, but it's frustrating to say the least that Hasbro's doing this...  I think the silver-plated figures will look nice as a centerpiece to the collection but they're really just being made too difficult to find in some respects.

I hope we see some change in availability...  Maybe a one per customer rule instead of 2 as was with the Vader.  That might help somewhat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Nayr Treppel

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2003, 02:20 PM »
I like the new silver figures but I only have R2.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2003, 07:51 PM »
Another hard announcement to stomach here.  I've got the silver R2 and would love to get the Vader as well, but probably never will due to the cost.  I think the silver figures on the retro cards are actually pretty cool, but the distribution of them is what really sucks.  Hopefully the fan club can come through on this figure and hook us up with it, and hopefully in much greater numbers this time around as opposed to that Vader nonsense.

Why are they doing a silver Clonetrooper though?  That seems dumb.  I like the idea of these figures as being "retro", and therefore from the original trilogy.  Please Hasbro, don't start up with the silver treatment on the PT figures also!  In fact, let's just have the Boba Fett be the last one.  Or maybe just a Stormtrooper to round the set out, but that's it!  No more!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2003, 08:50 PM »
I have both the silver R2-D2 and the Toy Fair Vader, and I love these figures.  I'm against the fact that the silver Boba Fett is going to be limited only to the Mexican convention, and that figure will be a couple hundred easily once it hits eBay.  I don't own a Sacul figure, but hopefully one of these days I will.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2003, 09:55 PM »
Everyone is really getting worked up over the Silver Fett (if in fact that's what it is, and while I believe it is indeed that figure, I will still contest that it has yet to be officially confirmed). I feel pretty confident that we will be able to get this figure, inexpensively, through other means. I've heard a few very trustworthy remarks from some people that are involved directly with a group that could help us get these figures, but Im not going to say what, or who, I dont want to start anything ;)

So, dont worry too much at least until its released :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2003, 11:36 PM »
Well, since I was fortunate enough to get Vader and had lots of help getting R2, I "need" to get the Fett so the set remains complete.  I like the Fett idea, but clonetrooper?  That's not a misprint of stormtrooper is it?  The latter would probably look pretty sweet.  I really like the cards they are on.  Very nice.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2003, 11:46 PM »
Hasbro is supposedly planning on doing the Boba Fett and Clone Trooper "silver" figures.  I still would rather have them do a Stormtrooper versus the Clone Trooper, because these figures are to represent their 20+ year anniversaries.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2003, 09:36 AM »
This is crazy. I have see afew pre-sales sell on eBay for $300. They just keep coming out of the wood work. Insane.
Silver Boba Fett
eBay Auctions

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2003, 10:49 PM »
Well, looks like slightly better news on the Silver Fett's availability now, since it'll be at four U.S. conventions, as well as the Mexican convention now.  Plus the Fan Club will be taking orders too!  So hopefully the production numbers on this guy will be decent enough to satisfy all the collectors out there.  $10 bucks a pop.

Looks like I'll definitely be hitting the San Diego Comic Con now, and will likely be scrapping my Mexico convention travel plans...   8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2003, 11:28 PM »
I can't believe how much money those Silver Boba Fetts are going for on eBay.  That's crazy, and it hasn't even been released yet to the public!
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2003, 12:43 AM »
I'd like to go ahead and throw my hat in the ring for anyone who can spare one of these.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2003, 04:07 PM »
Well, looks like slightly better news on the Silver Fett's availability now, since it'll be at four U.S. conventions, as well as the Mexican convention now.  Plus the Fan Club will be taking orders too!  So hopefully the production numbers on this guy will be decent enough to satisfy all the collectors out there.  $10 bucks a pop.

Yes, it's nice to see that for those of us not making these particular con's that there will be a chance to buy one on-line.  
Beth

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2003, 07:17 PM »
i just found out that the silver Fett is going too be sold at Origins in columbus,oh just twoo hrs from where i live. so come june 26th i will have two silver Fett's in my possesion, thank the heavens!!!

-i think the force is finally on my side!

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2003, 07:30 PM »
Sounds cool to me.I like these figures alot.Looks like I'm going to have to join the damn Fanclub again tho to get mine.Something I really dont care to do again.