Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 2005  (Read 40077 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 2005 - Season LIVE on November 1st!
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Want Marbury?

::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Let's make a deal.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2006, 09:03 PM »
My entire team is on the trading block, let's make a deal

wuts the team name?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Minnesota Muskies...1 deal done already

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2006, 09:47 PM »
C'mon, Marbury, for old time sake.   :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Minnesota Muskies...1 deal done already

If you're not going to take mine at least make me a counter-offer?!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: March 6, 2006, 01:05 PM »
It took almost 3/4 of a season, but my squad is finally coming around.  I managed to crawl out of last into a "not too horrible" 8th or 9th for most of the last month.   :P

I'm way under on a lot of the spots, hopefully a bit of roster re-arranging each night can get me in the top half before this thing is all over...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 2005
« Reply #187 on: March 6, 2006, 02:23 PM »
I'm looking to add a rebounder (preferrably a Center or a Power Forward) to my team.  I'm willing to package any two of the following if the offer is right:

Eddie Jones
Tayshaun Prince
Jamal Crawford
Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Times a ticking - only 3 days left to complete trades, anyone interested?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: March 6, 2006, 02:36 PM »
I'm interested... I've got a center to offer.   :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 6, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Done!

:)

(I sure hope the Commissioner approves the trade...  :P )
« Last Edit: March 6, 2006, 02:58 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 6, 2006, 03:39 PM »
It took almost 3/4 of a season, but my squad is finally coming around.  I managed to crawl out of last into a "not too horrible" 8th or 9th for most of the last month.   :P

If my guys could get over the injury bug I'd be alright.  Stoopid yahoo with crappy updates three days down the road as well. 

Boozer's back finally and doing what I'd hoped: modest points and good rebounding.

But of course Marbury's been miserably inconsistent (Randy Moss syndrome?) and now Josh Howard is hurt, same for Speedy Claxton and others have been the same. 

Looking back at the draft my biggest mistake was taking Marbury.  Had I known there would be no IR position (they changed it after the draft) I'd not have taken Stoudemire as well.  I still think he was a good pick and will pay benefits for the last month or so, but not being able to add another guy hurt especially because Boozer sat out the first 3+ months.  Wade/Bell/Howard were all good picks. 

And oh yeah, percentages instead of just raw numbers would have made a difference too ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: March 6, 2006, 03:51 PM »
And oh yeah, percentages instead of just raw numbers would have made a difference too ;)

Yeah, well we'll just chalk that one up to the fact that this league was meant as a second JD league that was to be different from the first JD league.  It was only after this league was turned into the "primary" league (after all that hoobity-floobity occured) that we ran into the problem on the scoring stuff.

I think it's safe to say, after everything that occurred at the start of this year, that this will be my last year with fantasy basketball.  Someone else (like the winner of the league or something) can deal with the hassel next year...  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 6, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Ah, I'm just givin' you a hard time.  Bitter defending champ or crap like that, it's no big deal. And hey, I still have time. 

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2006, 07:09 PM »
DAMN U JAY!  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2006, 10:38 AM »
From first to worst.  No IR definitely hurt me badly.  Also need to rework the stats for next year.  I'm still of the opinion that points = FGM+FTM+3PTM.  Everyone played under the same stats, so it's really just a point for next year.  I think having a decent shooting percentage is a valid measure of the quality of a player.  Sure, Kobe's 81 points are cool to watch, but taking 50+ shots is something lots of guys could do, but don't.

Diary of a draft gone horribly wrong:

1. Dwayne Wade - good pick where I got him, but should have put aside personal issues and taken Kobe again this year.  Must learn to pay attention to league settings before draft occurs.  Kobe with %'s = not so good, Kobe without %'s = surreal.

2. Rashard Lewis - decent pick and a good small forward selection at that point in the draft.  That's about as far as I made it without screwing up.  We'll just ignore the drunk driving charge during the season that cost me a couple of games ::)

3. Stephon Marbury - let it be noted I left Chauncey Billups standing at this point, even though I had Billups the previous year.  I applied "Kobe" theory to Marbury - even though he and the Knicks would suck, I thought he'd hog the ball enough to get his numbers.  Wrong. 

4. Carlos Boozer - an awesome finish, no doubt and what I was expecting.  He was listed as day to day when we drafted.  He returned in February :'(  He missed 50 games, not something you want to happen out of your top five picks.

5. Amare Stoudemire - damn the electronic draft and my foolish optimism.  Stoudemire was coming up in the rankings and one of the guys who wasn't online would have ended up with him.  I should have left him alone, but opted to take him and hope he'd come back early, or at worst come back around the all star game and play out for two months.  I got one game instead. :'(

6. Andrew Bogut - not a bad choice really, but had I not taken Stoudemire above, I'd not have selected Bogut either.  I expected more out of this rookie but gave up too easily as well, so my bad.  I probably would have selected Paul at this point instead :-X

7. Josh Howard - one of my best picks of the draft, especially where I got this utility guy.  Too bad we didn't have any D stats as well, or he'd have been even more helpful.  Too many injuries means I had to drop him (I believe when I dropped him I didn't have enough healthy guys to put up a full roster).

8. Raja Bell - great pick in the eighth round.  Note to self: take people playing with Steve Nash, not people that used to play with Steve Nash.

9. Quentin Richardson - see note above.  Still, three point numbers were ok, but stay away from anyone playing with Marbury.

The rest of the draft was trash anyway, so no big deal there.  I did pick up some guys that came on later, but too little, too late by a long, long shot.  Wilcox, David West and Kenny Thomas were very nice pickups later.  Should have just kept Delonte West the first time I picked him up as well. 

Congrats to the guys who had good seasons and hopefully I can return to at least the top half of the league next year.