Author Topic: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro  (Read 28924 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Therefore, we will not reveal any of the 2006 Saga offerings past The Battle of Carkoon wave until the time is right.  Or until you give me a dollar.  Whichever comes first.

Do you take PayPal?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2005, 04:04 AM »
Why are you guys so bad at capturing the likeness of Natalie Portman?

Speaking of NP, can you please explain this disaster?:

Hair substituted with wires? WTF are you guys thinking? The likeness on that figure is hideous as well.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Which is the better Ewok Adventures T.V Movie, Caravan Of Courage or Battle For Endor?

We here at Hasbro have never made it all the way through either.  In case you haven't noticed, the Ewok makeup in the TV movies aren't quite as good as in ROTJ, and it contributes to making several of the Ewoks (Wicket in particular) into looking as if they are a crazy pedophile.  If you don't believe me, look up some photos of Wicket's blank stare in the TV movies on Google Image Search.  Just thinking about it right now is filling me with fear and dread.  I won't sleep tonight.

Do you take PayPal?

As PayPal is an immoral and corrupt corporation whose only intent is making money for themselves, even in the face of disasters and death, we are proud to count ourselves among PayPal's bestest friends in the business world.  We use PayPal to route all of our payments to the proper individuals (I won't include a link to their site, but it's been here several times in the course of this thread) so they will support our work without question. 

You should now send payment to our PayPal address, which is corporatewhore@hasbro-inc.com.  Due to the rising costs of independent thinking, we have had to raise our fee for the disclosure of the 2006 Saga lineup from $1.00 to $493.57.  We hope you understand that every cent of this will go into answering your questions in a timely and efficient manner.

Why are you guys so bad at capturing the likeness of Natalie Portman?

Hair substituted with wires? WTF are you guys thinking? The likeness on that figure is hideous as well.

Looking at the supplied picture, Mr. Cody, I feel that Hasbro has done an excellent job as always of capturing Natalie Portman's complete lack of an ass.  This doll's hindquarters are flat and unattractive, and thus identical to Ms. Portman's buttocks.  We strive for total likeness precision here at Hasbro, and from your photo, we captured Ms. Portman perfectly for this doll.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2005, 09:38 PM »
sometimes I think that..Hasbro.."you don't know the POWer of the dark side".

clearly if you did, you would listen to the Collector's and Trader's Union and not the padawan's requests.

Since you sith-like lie to us at all your Q and A and state that padawans(kids) are your main market when you know the the collectors and scalpers traders keep your line afloat movie year or not.

when you survey your audience at a majority of your Q and A's...how are you miss analyzing your audience before you speak (90% middle aged men)? do you think these are kids to make the statement of who your selling the line to(the kids)?

Could you really think that the collector's and profitable resellerstraders are not funding you? Consider us the dark side? Hasbro "doesn't really care what collectors think, our line is focused towards kids"?

I guess you made the Neimoidian frogs for the kids then since that's all they can find on the shelves at the times of day they can can get a ride with their parents to shop.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 1, 2005, 05:05 PM »
What...Hasbro take a vacation? WHERE ARE YOU HASBRO REP? I need my q's answered.....

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 1, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Don't you understand?  This is exactly how Hasbro does it - answer a few questions and then leave you hanging.   :P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 2, 2005, 10:42 AM »
He-Heh EXACTLY Jesse ;D. True to form I guess ::)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 4, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Here's a question for ya:

Is this topic dead?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 7, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Okay, I'm breaking character here...long story short, due to some personal stuff , today is the first time I've had internet access for longer than 10 minutes in about  two weeks.  As such, the thread wasn't even viewed by me until about 10 minutes ago, and due to the nature of my job, it would probably be best if my involvement as the Hasbro representative doppelganger were allowed to die.  If someone else wants to take up the reigns as the Hasbro CSM, please feel free, as it's everyone else's thread as much as it is "mine."

If the thread is closed, thanks to all of you for giving me the ammunition for the vague and evasive answers.  After a month of thinking like a Hasbro employee, even as a joke, I think my brain could stand to get some use again. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: November 8, 2005, 12:39 AM »
N/P, the joke's getting stale really, but the point you made is and forever shall be timeless Dr. P, so don't worry about it. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #145 on: November 8, 2005, 01:03 PM »
I must say that if this is the end of the thread, it was a great ride. Dr. P, you did a fantastic job with your guise as the inept and greedy Hasbro rep and made this a must-read thread that was the highlight of daily web-surfing. Kudos!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot