Author Topic: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro  (Read 28685 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro
« on: September 26, 2005, 05:38 PM »
For the duration of this thread, I will answer all questions, toy-related or not, as if I were a representative of Hasbro's Star Wars division.  Who will pose the first question for my unending genius to answer?  I had a hand in the development of the Cruisemissle Trooper, after all.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Pirates or ninjas?

Edited out first question. A little too risque.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 06:22 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 06:26 PM »
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 06:27 PM »
The Crusiemissile Trooper??  WTF were you thinking??!!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Why do you continue to rehash crappy figures while there are so many advancements being made in all other aspects of the figure world?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

Why is my avatar so mesmerizing?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Any plans on giving us something to put that cloud car pilot in?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Read my signature and go shove one of the subject of it up your ass.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Pirates or ninjas?

I think that both are fine suggestions and we are looking at ways to incorporate both into our Target exclusive Clone Trooper repaint line in the future.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

There are no plans to chuck wood at this time, although we are aware of the demand for woodchucking, so stay tuned to Hasbro.com for all the latest updates, Chucksters!

The Crusiemissile Trooper??  WTF were you thinking??!!

We're glad that the response to the Cruisemissle Trooper is so positive from the collecting community.  We hope that you will love our Target exclusive Cruisemissle Trooper repaint collection coming in 2006!

Why do you continue to rehash crappy figures while there are so many advancements being made in all other aspects of the figure world?

At Hasbro we are more concerned with what children think, and collectors are the only ones complaining about anything.  Kids love our toys, and don't think they are "crappy" at all.  Just look at the huge sales of the 2002 Saga Collection Arena Padme figure.  Kids loved it, and it's so popular, you can still find it in many areas.  And I don't know what other aspects of the figure world you refer to, Cody, since Hasbro is the only toy company in existence.

Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

The credit for the ram belongs solely to Hasbro.  The rumors of Art Asylum having anything whatsoever to do with putting the ram in are completely unfounded and untrue.  The rumors of them being responsible for the "bop" in the "bop-she-bop-she-bop" however, are factual.

Why is my avatar so mesmerizing?

We are aware of the demand for huge jiggling mammary glands and we are pleased to announce the debut of our new Target Exclusive Jug Trooper line, coming to a store near you (and Ebay immediately thereafter) in 2006!

Any plans on giving us something to put that cloud car pilot in?

Hasbro has already made a Cloud Car in the 1998 Expanded Universe line.  As we have never actually seen any Star Wars films, this is the only Cloud Car that we know of and we believe it will suffice.  Because of the demand for the Cloud Car, we are rereleasing the 1998 Expanded Universe Cloud Car as a Target exclusive in 2006!

Read my signature and go shove one of the subject of it up your ass.

We at Hasbro understand that the notion of us inserting objects into our rectums is extremely popular, but we have no plans to do so at this time.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 07:33 PM »
I have a qeustion. Which Hasbro bastard genius created that SWS.com exclusive gay pride "covert ops" clone trooper? And why the 14.99 target exclusives?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 07:37 PM »
 ;D

(I have no questions, as you just answered them all)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 07:41 PM »
I have a qeustion. Which Hasbro bastard genius created that SWS.com exclusive gay pride "covert ops" clone trooper? And why the 14.99 target exclusives?

Thank you very much for the compliment!  Our new Star Wars brand manager was responsible for the awesome Batman collection we did over the years, and he brings that same sensibility to the Star Wars line.  Keep an eye out for our Target Exclusive Clone Trooper series in 2006!  We don't want to spill all the beans, but amongst the offerings are:

-Arctic Blast Clone Trooper
-Sewage Treatment Clone Trooper
-Spontaneous Combustion Cleanup Clone Trooper
-Clone Trooper Masseuse

Be on the lookout for more of these awesome figures in 2006!

As for the increased price of the Target Clone Trooper exclusive figures, it costs more for us to tool the Super Articulated bodies and develop the awesome paint schemes we've invented for the figures, and since this requires actual effort on our part, we had to increase Target's price to order 3 for every store.  Also, the demand from fans for more Clones in different colors shows that when the demand is there, the cost will always be relative to the price of production! 

At this point, we'd like to announce the hiring of our new staff economics expert, Mr. Magoo!  He was responsible for negotiating the deals with Target for their abundant exclusive offerings this year, and although he can't see very well, and although he has no degree nor training in economics, we feel that he is the best man for the job.  All our business decisions are based on his recommendations, so let's give him a big hand! 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 07:45 PM »
(I have no questions, as you just answered them all)

Hasbro really does care, and I hope that by my presence here, you can benefit from my vast encyclopedic knowledge of anything and everything to do with Star Wars toys. 

People ask me, Crack Smoking Monkey, what characters would you like to see made in the Star Wars action figure line.  Well, if it were up to me (and it is!), the first thing I would make would be Tribbles.  I mean, did you see that Star Wars episode with the Tribbles?  They were awesome!  And what about that Johnny 5 character?  Jim Lucas is a genius, am I right?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Any chance of seeing any new Imperials in Saga2?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Any chance of seeing any new Imperials in Saga2?

Most definitely.  You'll notice that we stuck with themed waves in 2006, each based on an important battle (except the Battle of Tatooine, which we made up off the top of our heads).  Since there were Imperials in many of those battles, Imperials will be a key part of those waves.

While it's too early to give away all the figures that will be released in 2006, we can confirm that due to popular demand, we will be rereleasing the much-sought-after Power of the Force 2 Death Star Trooper, and since we have been paying attention to how much people like to army build, we will be shipping solid cases of the Death Star Trooper to all retailers!