Author Topic: My favorite thread  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
My favorite thread
« on: September 30, 2005, 12:51 PM »
I thought we could thank JD fellow members for their threads here that we appreciate :) 

I start it off with my new favorite! My favorite modern thread is the " I'll will answer your question as a representative from Hasbro" thread located in Watto's junkyard.

Doctor Padawan is AWESOME- I love reading this thread. The questions folks come up with are sarcastic, satiric and funny. Topping this is Doc's replies which are IMO typical hasbroesque with some(okay alot) of sarcasm thrown in- when I want a good laugh I move the mouse over here! A++!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 01:04 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: My favorite thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I'll second that! What a brilliant idea and flawless execution. I have never laughed so hard about anything on any forums.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Thanks to both of you guys for the comments.  It really means a lot to know that people are enjoying what pretty much started as a way for me to get my mind off more serious matters for a few minutes every day. 

As I told Anton in a PM, though, the thread wouldn't be what it is without everyone asking the questions.  I'm just reacting (in an obviously exaggerated manner) to what you guys are giving me, and it's your thread as much if not more than it is mine.  :)

But I am glad that everyone is enjoying it, as that's what it is there for.  :)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 06:09 PM »
DP, you da man and your thread roolz! ...That's all I could think of to add. ;D

*off to think of some good questions*
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2005, 04:39 PM »
The Hasbro Rep thread is definitely one of the best threads ever.  But I've also got to put a vote in for the Open Figure Theater thread.  Never have I been so entertained and disturbed at the same time.   ;)

Great idea, Hemish.   8)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 2, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Ditto -- I love the Hasbro Rep thread --  Doc Padawan you have put so much effort and humor into your answers (there have been great questions too!).  I also enjoy the Open Theater thread -- I love the creative ways that everyone has come up with to free their figures.  I get a laugh out of both threads.  I also enjoy "Quote Your Fellow Posters Out of Context" and "JD Pics to Names" -- seems to bring everyone closer.  Keep up the great work Doc and all my fellow JD'ers!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 3, 2005, 01:26 AM »
Wow! You just mentioned all my fav's too. I'd like to add the hotties thread somewhere in here followed closely by the sci-fi only hotties thread..I can go into these threads to ah relax-yeah, that it! to relax! 8)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 3, 2005, 07:06 AM »
- Ask the Hasbro Rep thread
- Top 5 Hotties
- Quote Trivia
- Future Waves in Saga 2

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Off the top of my head, I agree, DoctorPadawan's "I will answer your questions as a representative of Hasbro thread" is very witty and hilarious!
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski