Author Topic: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go (For now)  (Read 49318 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2003, 12:09 PM »
i hate preorders, i never order anything till i know its really there.

but those prices are ridiculous.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2003, 12:10 AM »
In order to keep my collecting costs down I do not collect deluxe figures in general.   I won't pay an inflated price for these, unless I can work out a trade for them.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2003, 10:15 AM »
I thought that I heard that production of these are just pushed back and not cancelled, just like the Sandcrawler

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2003, 10:22 AM »
They were made, they are sitting somewhere and e-tailers are selling them...when they get them and if and when a retailer picks them up remains to be seen

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2003, 07:15 PM »
This is a line which makes perfect sense for the fan club...

Exactly what I just posted in another thread Scott!  I think it would be a perfect product pickup for the Fan Club!  Hopefully Vic will consider it, if he hasn't already...   ;)

...And if I had to place a bet, I think that somehow, someway, they'll (the Cantina sets) eventually find their way over here to a more affordable outlet - possibly even the Fan Club.  But there's just no telling...   :-\

And then I stumbled across this old post from Vic (of the Fan Club) over at GH from about 5 months ago:

--------------------
But, let me tell you... If I ran the e-commerce store, I would seek to stock the inverse of the retail outlets. If you can find it in stores, it wouldn't be in the Jawa Trader. Instead, I'd seek to carry exclusives, foreign items that never made it to the US, and sets of cool things that were never sold as sets before. My focus would be on making collecting easier.

-Vic Wertz,
Director, Product Development,
The Official Star Wars Fan Club.
--------------------

Very interesting...  So at least Vic is already on the same wave length with us here.  I like that!  Just a question of if/when Paizo will ever be able to consolidate the e-commerce site with the Fan Club that it's now running (since they're still separately owned entities at this point).

So...  Don't know if that gives any of you a glimmer of hope on these Cantina sets here, but I thought I should point it out!  Here's to hoping...   8)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2003, 03:58 PM »
These are going to end up like the Eopie, unless Hasbro convinces someone to take them on.  Since they're all sitting in a warehouse somewhere, I doubt my hopes that Hasbro would just release them individually on a card will come true anytime soon.    :(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2003, 04:06 PM »
I preordered a set through Amoktime yesterday.  I called in, since I was making an order for me and two friends.  I was hoping to get something of a quantity discount.  However, they weren't able to do that.

The guy at Amoktime told me that they've gotten a small shipment of Cantina wave 2 so far.  However, their current order has been pushed back numerous times.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're going to be able to fill the order.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2003, 10:43 PM »
I realize I got raped big time on shipping but lookee what I just bought on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3135775538&category=2476&rd=1

Might mean they are still coming to etailers (fingers crossed)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2003, 11:44 PM »
Feh, shipping overseas costs a bundle.  Sending three figs to Japan costs me $21.  It's probably fairly accurate.  At least you have one.  I'm dawdling along thinking about it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Re: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2003, 02:34 AM »
I realize I got raped big time on shipping but lookee what I just bought on eBay...

Damn Scott, $34 for a C-7 Kitik Keed'kak figure?!?   :o  You crazy?!  Geez, you could've gotten one for only $22 from Brian's Toys...

The boy has no patience...   ::)   :-*
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 03:08 PM by OCB »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2003, 09:54 AM »
I was going to order from Brian's Toys and then thought better of it which will screw me in the long run I'm sure.  I just can't give in to them.  If I never get this figure so be it.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Re: Re: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2003, 03:10 PM »
I realize I got raped big time on shipping but lookee what I just bought on eBay...

Damn Scott, $34 for a C-7 Kitik Keed'kak figure?!?   :o  You crazy?!  Geez, you could've gotten one for only $22 from Brian's Toys...

The boy has no patience...   ::)   :-*
Call it hedging my bet ala 4-LOHS, if BT's does actually get them then I'm out $12 if not well then Matt good luck getting one for less than $34 :-*

Offline ezehogan

• Youngling
  • Blast them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2003, 11:14 PM »
This is really a tragedy.  They should've released these first, and not even bothered with Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrus Man.

Did they really expect them to be big sellers?
Mr. Burns:  "Use an open faced club!  A sand wedge!"

Homer:  "Mmmmmm open face club sandwhich...."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2003, 11:54 PM »
Honestly, if you don't have the Momaw Nadon yet, I suggest nabbing it.  It's a good figure, and quite superior to the first.  When you put the 2 together (Old and Saga Catina set) in the Cantina, they make a neat, and different duo.

The Greedo's different enough too, that it, the POTF2, and Commtech ones all look "unique" together...

The Ponda's not a notch lower either, but he's the weakest of the 3.  His legs are "odd", to say t he least. :(

I agree though, the 2nd set would sell better than the first, hands down...  I'd buy 2 of each if they were available, just for the customizing parts I could cast off all 3 figures.  Evazan and Wuher were vast improvements on their previous figures IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2003, 12:27 AM »
Everything is a pre-order these days, isn't it?   :P

Internet ordered, anyhow.

Try collecting solely by visiting retail stores, that ought to be enough to kill your interest in the hobby for a long time  to come.  I'm pretty sure most collectors utilize the internet in some way, shape, or form to round out their collections now, if not obtain the majority of new wave figures.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda