Author Topic: Blake's Custom Clones (Update -- Utapau Trooper)  (Read 5122 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Blake's Custom Clones (Update -- Utapau Trooper)
« on: October 8, 2005, 05:28 PM »
OK I know I suck, especially with Sculpty but I couldn't wait for Hasbro to make the Galactic Marine (I love clones and I really, really love the snow version) and I hate to compete with the scalpers.  I already feel doomed in the race to get the Utapau Stealth Clone :'(   Stupid that they make such a cool clone so hard to get.  If I didn't luck out with a special hook up/trade I would never have a 1st Target Clone.

Here they are:
Blake

Stealth Trooper and Gree Front
Stealth Trooper and Gree Back
Bly and custom AT-RT Driver
Galactic Marines Front
Galactic Marines Back
Minor/Easy Customs because I was bored
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 09:03 PM by rishakra »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom Clones
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Hey, those look really nice so cut yourself some slack!  Especially the Galactic Marines... those look fantastic!  I really like those.  Did you sculpt the masks?

Another favorite of mine is the AT-RT driver repaint.  That looks slick.  Very realistic looking.

Excellent work, I hope to hear your feedback on the rest of our work too, and to continue to see more of your work!

:P

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Thanks Man!! That means a lot since I read this forum often but don't post that much and I've seen some absolutly fantastic work posted here.

I made my first real "sculpt" with the Galactic Marines using sculpty freehand.  Like I said I really like snowtroopers so I had to make the face myself since I could cut up the other snowtroopers as a sacrifice. The visor (eyes) of these guys makes them looks extra cool compared to the ESB snowtroopers so I could use an old snowtrooper.  Therefore, bought 2 Bacaras from Walmart and made them into Marines with the help of paint, sculpty (which was hard but I learned how to use it from this forum, i.e. boiling it to make it firm up) and the backpacks from two POTF2  snowtroopers.  I don't know how others feel but I am a knock down, drag out freak for clonetroopers/stormtroopers.  If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be as big a fan of Star Wars.  It may be shallow but that's the truth.  In fact if I had tones of money I'd have a uniform of all of the troopers (snow, storm, clone (I & II), TIE pilot, royal guard, etc...).   

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Blake

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Hey don't be hard on yourself.  Your lines are clean, paintjobs themselves are nice and simple.  Sometimes the more I paint something, the worse it turns out.  Knowing when to quit is a very good quality to have.  The sculpting is very good considering it was your first.  A lot of customizers, myself included, don't have the guts to attempt the galactic marines due lack of sculpting expertise.  Overall nice work.  Keep them coming.

B

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 09:58 PM »
I agree with the above comments - these clones turned out very well.  You should be (and have every reason to be) very proud of them! 
Did you paint that shocktrooper (from the 3-pack)?  The lines are very crisp, nice work.

If you ever need an ego boost to your customizing abilities, just do a search on eBay for "custom clone" and you'll feel much better about your clones (not that you need to though).  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 10:41 PM »
nice clones! i really like the at-rt driver, goes very well with gree and the enviroment in which they where operating in! i also like the bly and the others are good as well, you do some good work and i look forward to seeing more from you!

erik :)
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Updated an old Darktrooper custom:  (he is next to an unmodified Darktrooper for comparison). 
--In the background you can see a custom weathered Red Commander and custom CDR Bly as well (with a real Bly by the AT-RT)--

Here are some droids I made a while back:

P.S. Sorry about the pic quality.  I don't have any photography skills...

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 09:22 AM »
!WORK IN PROGRESS!

I thought I'd make a version of this mini-figure (an Elite Clonetrooper I think) which looks cool to me:

P.S. How do you change the title of this thread to "UPDATED on MM/DD/YY"???
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 09:23 AM by rishakra »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 10:07 AM »
To change your title update header, just click on "Modify" on your original post.  You can then change the Subject Header.

Regarding the recent customs, the astromech droids look pretty nice, as does the Mygeeto type clone.

But the Darktrooper really does it for me.  Amazing what a better paint job can do for the figure.  You really made it look superior to Hasbro's version.  Maybe a very slight bit of weathering could be added, but if not it's still great!

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom Clones (UPdate -- Utapau Trooper)
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 09:03 PM »
OK, I saw the Utapau Trooper in the "New Saga" Geonosis wave and I was excited and slightly annoyed.  I thought, "That's easy!" so I went to Target, got a couple of SA troopers (one to customize and one for the stockpile  ;))

I'm showing some Halo action in this one:

Here he is guarded by my slightly updated Galactic Marines:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 09:04 PM by rishakra »

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Blake's Custom Clones (Update -- Utapau Trooper)
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 09:52 PM »
wow very nice on the Utapau clone esp with the HALO background
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 09:53 PM by SpudTrooper »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 08:17 AM »
           Wow, your clones look real nice. Although, I have a question, do the clones fit in the Ghost very well? I made mine fit in the Warthogs I hvae but I'm thinking about buying the Ghost.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 10:07 AM »
The AT-TE Gunner sculpt works fairly well.  The SA Clone's legs don't bend enough to really fit well:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Cool update, that Utapau clone looks fantastic, and you've got a great collection.   I really like how you display it.  :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info and pic. I might buy the Ghost now. Thanks! Nice collection.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...