Author Topic: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures  (Read 77872 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The babies have arrived!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2005, 11:42 PM »
Looks like the first official pic of the baby Luke... but it still is unpainted and the version of Obi Wan is that of the pilot.

Seems to be from a legit source too, the guy who has it claims that he got it from a Hasbro insider that he is friends with.  And also got the Utapaua Shadow Trooper and the TRU holo Palpatine.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The babies have arrived!
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2005, 11:43 PM »
My bad, there is already a thread on this... not of the pic though.  Feel free to combine this thread with the one that Metal Jedi started.  Sorry.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Obi Wan/Baby Luke & Bail Organa/Baby Leia
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Hmmm.

Looks pretty weak if it's for real.  It'll suck if it's just repacked figures packed with the same "baby figure" - blue blankie for Luke, pink for Leia.   :-\

ps.
For house-keeping purposes, I merged all of our "Baby Luke/Leia" figure threads together...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2005, 12:07 AM »
I agree that this is pretty lame. I could customize a pilot Obi Wan with a baby figure. I'll pass if this is all it is since its not worth my money.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2005, 09:20 AM »
These sets started to slip my mind as well, mainly because we haven't heard squat about them for quite some time now.  I'll probably pick them up if they are somewhat reasonably priced, and if they are going to repack the Obi and Bail figures, I'm happy that we might at least get Pilot Obi-Wan instead of the "Jedi Kick" version or something.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2005, 09:57 AM »
You guys have to know in your heart of hearts that both Bail and Obi-wan are going to be repacks. That's the exclusives way, minimal work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Well, I'm fine with how this looks.  Actually, I think it's about perfect.  The pilot Obi Wan is a great figure anyway.  As for the baby, this seems about right.  I don't see what else they could have done (except make it worse!).  So I'm happy with it.

It will be interesting to see if the Bail Organa is a repack as well.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Well, I'm fine with how this looks.  Actually, I think it's about perfect.  

But will you be fine with it when you find out it costs $10 or something else ridiculous?

I don't think any pricing info has been posted anywhere yet, but I find it hard to believe these will be less than $10 since they are exclusives and "new" and different than the basic figures.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2005, 10:35 AM »
But will you be fine with it when you find out it costs $10 or something else ridiculous?

I don't think any pricing info has been posted anywhere yet, but I find it hard to believe these will be less than $10 since they are exclusives and "new" and different than the basic figures.   :-\

I went ahead and looked over the other site's forums, and the person who originally got this item said that WM's HAL had it priced at $6.88, which seems about right to me.  Considering basic figures are down to 4.77 in the WM Toyland advert, and that the Luke looks to be nothing more than a PVC accessory, $6.88 seems fair. 

The thing to consider is that not only is this not a Target exclusive (which, as a rule, have to be priced at twice their actual value), Wal-Mart has already been burned and burned badly this year by Hasbro with the Early Bird kit, so they more than likely said, "Give us a cheap exclusive this time around."  Plus, Wal-Mart wanted something that would most likely bring people into the stores, and I think that a baby Luke and a baby Leia might be the thing to do it, considering they're the last main characters from ROTS to be made, by my count.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Pretty much what i was expecting, but i am happy with it. I just wanted a baby Luke and Leia, and if this is the only way that its good enough. I look forward to buying them.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Sure, I'd spend $10.00 for these.  But $6.88 is even better.

I am damn glad that these are being made.... but I would have preferred a Screen Scene with Padme on the medical bed, a medical droid, Obi Wan and both kids.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:50 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2005, 12:26 PM »
God dang that is one big baby.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2005, 01:02 PM »
$10 no.  $7 maybe - depends what else is on the pegs!  I'd glady take a shock trooper over one of these...

I can easily snag a baby Jesus from a nativity scene and pretend it's baby Luke.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Really?  Wouldn't pay a few extra bucks for the "first" figures of Luke and Leia?   Hmmm...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2005, 02:42 PM »
If they're priced at $7, I'll go for it, since I can use that Obi-Wan's cloak for other Jedi figures, plus I get a Luke.

I bet Bail ends up with Antilles' body. It's just a feeling.  :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk