Author Topic: Vong anybody?  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Vong anybody?
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:52 AM »
What happens after Coruscant is turned all plant like by the Vong?
I always thought it meant that everything comes to a close and the Saga ends there.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Vong anybody?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 11:14 PM »
I've been wondering that  myself, When we Jedi win in the end is coruscant restored to its original glory or left to fester and turn into a a giant jungle?

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I've yet to read any of the books Post-vong in the timeline.  I can't imagine them returning the planet to all city for many years. Perhaps, they'll use those old building eating / new building pooping machines.  :P
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 08:36 AM »
You know, the Whole Vong Story Arc is a Rip of the Borg in Star Trek. I think it is the Lamest least imaginative piece of Eu that exist. I really hated that So Many Novels were wasted on that series. I miss the Good old Days! Give Us back the X-Wing Novels, More Tales would be Sweet. I do think the Clone Wars Stuff is Great, I put that right up there with the X-Wing Novels. I'm currently reading Tripple Zero, Great Stuff! I just don't get why people are hung up on the Vong Series. I have one Use for thet Series and its sitting on my Toliet Paper Dispenser.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 09:06 PM »
I'm not even a fan of the series I was just wondering if Coruscant was going to remain a mud-hole and the entire universe would go down the toilet.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 06:06 AM »
Fritz, the NJO is filled with stuff like that. 

The way the Jedi play out is really cool I think, and I like the idea of Luke taking the Jedi on in life...  New Jedi Order's a great name, but man they really REALLY created a cluster**** with the Vong IMO.  To me, going outside the force like that with super aliens is very uninteresting.

Tack onto that the little individual things I disliked (killing to get you to buy a book for instance), and I'm not a huge fan of that series either.  I'm really disappointed it's such a huge part of latter EU then...   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 04:58 PM »
You know, the Whole Vong Story Arc is a Rip of the Borg in Star Trek. I think it is the Lamest least imaginative piece of Eu that exist. I really hated that So Many Novels were wasted on that series. I miss the Good old Days! Give Us back the X-Wing Novels, More Tales would be Sweet. I do think the Clone Wars Stuff is Great, I put that right up there with the X-Wing Novels. I'm currently reading Tripple Zero, Great Stuff! I just don't get why people are hung up on the Vong Series. I have one Use for thet Series and its sitting on my Toliet Paper Dispenser.

Amen. I always thought the Vong were ****-sandwich.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2006, 07:01 PM »
The first Post-NJO books in the Timeline were the Dark Nest Trilogy and they had the Galactic Alliance rebuilding Coruscant back into a planet-sized city and making it the capitol again.  They didn't go into too much detail though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:34 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:43 PM »
I hated the end of the Vong series.  They just drop it. "Oh we hit 15 books time to stop!  Um let's see, the Vong and the Galaxy declare peace, then end."  Ugh.

I really enjoyed only a few of them,  "Enemy Lines" was one of the best books though.  Wedge leading the battle rocked.  I hated how they dumbed down the Jedi. Jedi have all these powers and just because they can't feel the Vong they can't fight. Then they kept introducing 'new' jedi at the start of a book, just to have someone to kill at the end.  Ganner's death was pretty pathetic as well.

I'd say the series did more harm than good to the universe. alas
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Okay, now I can sleep well knowing that the vong suck in every way and coruscant is back to normal.  :)
Thanks!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 2, 2006, 03:43 AM »

[rant] Thank you! Jesus ******* Christ, finally someone with their head on straight. The best thing about the NJO was the Japanese covers. Nothing else in that series belonged in SW EU. X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble was 10x the better novel than Star By Star, and they didn't even have to kill anybody (*gasp) for publicity. [/rant]