Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82414 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 11:37 PM »

DST has announced Wave III.

The core assortment is scheduled to contain Lt. Colonel Mitchell, Vala, an Ori Prior and a limited Black Ops Daniel Jackson!

I've got mixed feelings on these choices, I like Mitchell and Vala a lot, but I'd have rather seen them get to the older figures first. Like Hammond, Fraizer, Jonas, and some Goa'uld...
"This is the way."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Before Friday, I had never watched SG. But once I watched it, I instantly became hooked! Now that I found out there is a toy line, I'm even more excited!

Well, this is my question: Are the SG figures available at retail? Becuase you make it sound like they are gonna be released in stores by the way you said that there is a specific date for the figures to come out. So, are they at Comic shops? Retails stores? Online exclusives?
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 01:42 AM »
No major retail stores carry them. Check out your local comic shop, or try and pick them up online, it is far less worrisome. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 07:36 AM »
Any new updates as to when the line is being released? After watching the season premiere I am totally excited to get these toys.

No kidding. The premieres were awesome. I haven't heard anything else yet hopefully it is still the 18th, which is Tuesday, I could really use some more SG-1 figures. :)

This season looks to be one of the best. But of course I say that at the begining of the last 3 seasons.

Before Friday, I had never watched SG. But once I watched it, I instantly became hooked! Now that I found out there is a toy line, I'm even more excited!

Well, this is my question: Are the SG figures available at retail? Becuase you make it sound like they are gonna be released in stores by the way you said that there is a specific date for the figures to come out. So, are they at Comic shops? Retails stores? Online exclusives?
No major retail stores carry them. Check out your local comic shop, or try and pick them up online, it is far less worrisome. ;)

Roton7 - At present the figures are due out here any minute now. I have drooling since New Years Eve when the first line was announced and I placed my order. You have 3 options at present for getting SG-1 toys.

1. If you do some searching at ebay for Jack O'neill there is a Free Comic Book shop toy that came out in May, and there might be some exclusives left over from the LA Comi-Con.

2. You can search ebay for Daniel Jackson and try to get the Philly Comi-Con piece.

3. You can go to Time & Space Toys that has all the available series toys shown some pre-orders for Series 1 left.

I think Ryan went to New Force to get his, I went to Big Bad Toy Store to get mine.

As for being hooked on the show, Sci-Fi use to have Monday Nights where they showed the show from 5 PM CST to 10 PM CST, now they have Dark Angel from 6-10. But Sci-Fi still is the best place to try and catch the re-runs. This is one of those shows that it is best to start at Season 1 and work to present to so you can understand everything going on, as the reference the older seasons a lot. Best Buy & other places have the seasons 1-8 (season 9 being the only one not on DVD yet) out for purchase. I own them all and on occation will watch them if I am a little confussed about some of the stuff they reference.

The core assortment is scheduled to contain Lt. Colonel Mitchell, Vala, an Ori Prior and a limited Black Ops Daniel Jackson!

I've got mixed feelings on these choices, I like Mitchell and Vala a lot, but I'd have rather seen them get to the older figures first. Like Hammond, Fraizer, Jonas, and some Goa'uld...

Where did you hear this? I agree that I would prefer to do more classic figures. Hammond, Apophis, Ba'al would be better picks then Prior. But here is to hoping that the do a variant Vala that is knocked up with Ori-spoiled bastard child.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Diamond Select is indicating down in the Merchandise section that the Stargate Series 1 figures are shipping this week.

NIRVANA!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 02:31 AM »

Where did you hear this? I agree that I would prefer to do more classic figures. Hammond, Apophis, Ba'al would be better picks then Prior. But here is to hoping that the do a variant Vala that is knocked up with Ori-spoiled bastard child.

Bah. I thought I had linked it in that post. http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

For some reason you have to click through to the story but, yeah it is there under recent stories.

I can't wait for Wave 1. ;D Any idea how long it will be until the variants ship?
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 07:04 AM »

Any idea how long it will be until the variants ship?

What variants? I hadn't heard anything about variants, but I am not surprised.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 02:51 PM »

I saw this on ebay that a guy is selling an entire set plus an upainted Daniel Jackson.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 07:30 PM »
That looks like an unpainted Jack, not a Daniel. I think this may be the first carded images I've seen.

The variants, are just supposed to be the same figures but with different colored BDUs, blue and desert colors.

"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006, 09:11 PM »
great...I had actually seen pictures, but nothing confirmed. CRAPOLA. So now there is more to get.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 07:07 AM »
I just confirmation that my order of Stargate figures is shipping today, and I was even able to snag an Unpainted Jack O'Neill piece too boot.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Sill nothing from NewForce but I was a little late in preordering these, so hopefully I'll hear something in the next few days.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 12:51 PM »
I just got my figures here at the office and a couple of my co-workers were very impressed with how they looked. My unpainted General Jack O'Neill turned into an Unpainted Daniel Jackson in the mail. No complants as I want to put that set together as well.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 04:08 AM »
Lucky. I still have yet to be charged for them... I may have to consult with NewForce if nothing happens in the next few days.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 08:36 AM »
I was checking Diamond Select's shipping list and Black Ops Jack shipped this week, so by this time next week I will have all of the basic's for Series 1 and just waiting on the Unpainted Figures & Variants.

I am probably going to have to buy an extra Serpent Guard & General Jack O'Neill so I can build 2 full gates. I will put one with my figures, and put the other one in a different room. Just so they have a different gate to go through on the other side of my house...(damn I am a geek!)