Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82638 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Newest issue of ToyFare has the SG-1 Wave 4 Desert Gear figures on the inside cover and it appears that those figures are due to be released in 2 months. That wave is cool because we get MALP and Ring transport. I am getting 3 sets for making a bunch of customs.

3 - Jack Custom (head from Free Comic book Day, painted hat from Col. O'Neill Wave 1, & body swap with Daniel)
2 - Carter (painted hat from Wave 2 Carter, & Vala head Swap)
2 - Daniel (Head from Wave 1 Daniel & Body Swap with Jack)
2 - Teal'c (Head swap with Black Op's, & add the goofy gold goatee)

Finally a picture of what Jonus will look like...

Jonus - 5 of these (1 regular, one head swap with FCBD O'Neill, 1 head swap with Black Ops Jack or Daniel, 1 head swap onto the Blue Outfit Daniel Jackson Case Topper, and a head swap with either a Jack or Daniel in Desert Gear)

« Last Edit: November 3, 2008, 03:28 PM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2008, 10:13 PM »
It's nice to finally see an image of Jonas. The likeness is decent I guess. The forehead looks a little big but I could be worse I suppose.

I really wish I had the money and the space to pick up as many sets as you knashdx. I'd love to do some customs with these as well. Maybe I'll get around to it some day.

I've been trying to track down one of the Blue Daniel case toppers and have had no luck so far. Nothing has gone any cheaper than $30 on the bay, not that I have seen anyways. I really want one, but I can't stomach it for more than $30 not including shipping. I might cave eventually but for now I think $30 is going to be my ceiling.

NewForce finally put Atlantis Series 2 up for pre-order. I went ahead and order my usual one of each. Does anyone know if there are any special Atlantis case toppers, or other SG-1 toppers besides Daniel for that matter? I know of the unpainted figures and it was nice not to have to worry about tracking those down anywhere. If they are going to start including repaints or other "new" figures though I may be trouble.

Looking at the upcoming 12" figures, I'm glad these will be an easy pass for me. The likenesses on both of them are piss poor. And the clothing is incredibly boring. A 12" figure with 24 points of articulation (compared to Sideshow's 40), terrible sculpts, and clothing fit for a dollar store GI Joe for $40? No thank you. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for those. Thankfully that is at least $80 saved.

"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2008, 09:30 AM »
It's nice to finally see an image of Jonas. The likeness is decent I guess. The forehead looks a little big but I could be worse I suppose.

I thought so too, but it is better than the prototype images that BBTS has.

I really wish I had the money and the space to pick up as many sets as you knashdx. I'd love to do some customs with these as well. Maybe I'll get around to it some day.

Since I have downgraded my Star Wars collecting to opener status for classic trilogy Stargate has become my main point of focus. Teal'c has been the biggest custom project I have done as I am up to 15 diffferent figures, but they were all made from the 3 different figures released. Atlantis is proving to be a harder set to make customs of and will probably be the cheapest set I get.

knashdx is Ryan too. My name is Ryan as well.

I've been trying to track down one of the Blue Daniel case toppers and have had no luck so far. Nothing has gone any cheaper than $30 on the bay, not that I have seen anyways. I really want one, but I can't stomach it for more than $30 not including shipping. I might cave eventually but for now I think $30 is going to be my ceiling.

I might be able to help you on this. When I baught my figures from New Force I got 2 Daniels as I baught 2 opener sets. I have since purchased 2 more figures from them for about $30, but I don't know if I need all 4. If I don't I will PM you and let you know.

NewForce finally put Atlantis Series 2 up for pre-order. I went ahead and order my usual one of each. Does anyone know if there are any special Atlantis case toppers, or other SG-1 toppers besides Daniel for that matter? I know of the unpainted figures and it was nice not to have to worry about tracking those down anywhere. If they are going to start including repaints or other "new" figures though I may be trouble.

Not that I have heard on the case topper. But then again they ussually don't want info like that out there till just before the toy is released.

Looking at the upcoming 12" figures, I'm glad these will be an easy pass for me. The likenesses on both of them are piss poor. And the clothing is incredibly boring. A 12" figure with 24 points of articulation (compared to Sideshow's 40), terrible sculpts, and clothing fit for a dollar store GI Joe for $40? No thank you. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for those. Thankfully that is at least $80 saved.

I have passed on this set too. I am not collecting glorified Ken dolls that look nothing like the charecter.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Since I have downgraded my Star Wars collecting to opener status for classic trilogy Stargate has become my main point of focus. Teal'c has been the biggest custom project I have done as I am up to 15 diffferent figures, but they were all made from the 3 different figures released. Atlantis is proving to be a harder set to make customs of and will probably be the cheapest set I get.

Part of me has considered going down that route, but I can't bring myself to do it. I've been a completionist with these so far (sans the WWLA O'Neill), and I only have 29 total figures. 15 Teal'c figures is mighty impressive. I'd love to see pictures of all your Stargate stuff if you have any.  :)

That's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure. Nice name. :P

I might be able to help you on this. When I baught my figures from New Force I got 2 Daniels as I baught 2 opener sets. I have since purchased 2 more figures from them for about $30, but I don't know if I need all 4. If I don't I will PM you and let you know.

That'd be great. Thanks.  :)

Not that I have heard on the case topper. But then again they ussually don't want info like that out there till just before the toy is released.

That's good to hear. At least I haven't missed anything other than Daniel yet. It does kind of make sense that we will see more like him in the future now that they have done it once. He came out with the Atlantis figures right?
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2008, 05:05 PM »

Part of me has considered going down that route, but I can't bring myself to do it. I've been a completionist with these so far (sans the WWLA O'Neill), and I only have 29 total figures. 15 Teal'c figures is mighty impressive. I'd love to see pictures of all your Stargate stuff if you have any.  :)

That's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure. Nice name. :P

That'd be great. Thanks.  :)

That's good to hear. At least I haven't missed anything other than Daniel yet. It does kind of make sense that we will see more like him in the future now that they have done it once. He came out with the Atlantis figures right?

Ryan is a great name. ;D

I should know in the next week if I need the Daniel or not. Just depends on how much of Season 6 of SG-1 I get watched. I am trying to only make figures of charecters that actually appear in the show. (ANAL RETENTIVE - I know!!!)

My saving grace on this collection is that I only have openers...nothing in package. Did you pick up the Exclusive T-Shirt Daniel Jackson?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2008, 05:31 PM »
My saving grace on this collection is that I only have openers...nothing in package. Did you pick up the Exclusive T-Shirt Daniel Jackson?

Yeah BrentS was kind enough to pick one up for me when he was at WW Chicago. So I lucked out big time on that one and didn't have to resort to scalper prices on ebay. The arms on mine do like to fall off all the time though so that is rather annoying.

DST really needs to start including a vest with every SG team member figure. I was looking over my collectionand it really started to bug me, more-so than it did when opening them even. Neither my Black-Ops Teal'c or Daniel have vests because I had to loan them to other figures. The new Desert Carter had better be coming with a vest. She wasn't pictured with one, and it will be much harder to find extra vests for her than for any of the guys.

EDIT: No worries on the Daniel BTW. Take as long as you need. I'm pretty sure Jonas, Daniel, and Jack all wear the long sleeve blue base uniform at some point, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:39 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2008, 06:41 AM »
NewForce put up some series 1 Atlantis openers, a set of all 5, for only $40. That's about the price of 5 Basic Star Wars figures these days.

Series 1 Openers
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Double check the auctions I saw a bunch of Daniels going for right around $30 with anywhere from 5-10 in shipping.

I just picked up my 5th (yes 5th) FCBD Jack O'Neill to make a custom out of. I am just about done with my custom Anubis, and I have 2 more Teal'c's to finish and then I can start on my Atlantis customs. I will attempt to get some pictures of my customs post in the next week or so. Depends on time, and how long it takes me to get my basement back in order so I can watch the Super Bowl on my Projector.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I got one from NewFroce's Ebay store for $30. I think it would have been cheaper for me to buy a full case from NewForce and sell off the extras. :-X
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I got one from NewFroce's Ebay store for $30. I think it would have been cheaper for me to buy a full case from NewForce and sell off the extras. :-X

congrats on getting one finally. ;D

I hate being short on a collection

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2008, 06:04 PM »
I walked in the door this evening and my wife had a present for me. My 2 Wraith "STEVE" figures came in the mail. I seriously mailed my UPC codes off less than 2 weeks ago and I have them already. This figure is shipping fast than the Elite Serpent Guard figure did.

They got smart on this figure. On the Elite Serpent Guard the UPC code was such that it said that it was a Stargate toy. This one does not. So I don't know if you can use this UPC code as 1 of the 4 necessary to get another Steve figure.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:06 PM by knashdx »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Did you use any SG-1 POPs when you mailed away for Steve? I have enough Atlantis figures to get one, but I was hoping to mail away a second set using my old Series 3 SG-1 POPs to get a second.

Two.  :-X I hate it when I do that. I bid on two auctions thinking I'd get outbid on the other... That's the second damn time I've done that. That's how I wound up with two FCBD O'Neills.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:15 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Did you use any SG-1 POPs when you mailed away for Steve? I have enough Atlantis figures to get one, but I was hoping to mail away a second set using my old Series 3 SG-1 POPs to get a second.

Two.  :-X I hate it when I do that. I bid on two auctions thinking I'd get outbid on the other... That's the second damn time I've done that. That's how I wound up with two FCBD O'Neills.  ::)

I actually e-mailed Diamond Select about the Elite Guard, and they informed me that 1. It was sold out, and that 2. the SG-1 UPC's could NOT be used to get Steve.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #148 on: February 4, 2008, 07:18 AM »
My first Daniel just arrived. Nothing too spiffy I suppose, not worth $30, but i couldn't have that damn whole in my collection. I'm glad they included all the accessories they did. Most are really more Atlantis specific, but it is nice to get a few extras, including another new P-90. I wish they would have given him the SG-1 arm patch as opposed to the generic SGC though. I was a bit bummed out about that.

I'm kind of thinking I may want to add a beard onto my other one, like he had in the early Season 9 episodes.

I actually e-mailed Diamond Select about the Elite Guard, and they informed me that 1. It was sold out, and that 2. the SG-1 UPC's could NOT be used to get Steve.

Bummer. :(

« Last Edit: February 4, 2008, 07:18 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 4, 2008, 10:15 AM »
My first Daniel just arrived. Nothing too spiffy I suppose, not worth $30, but i couldn't have that damn whole in my collection. I'm glad they included all the accessories they did. Most are really more Atlantis specific, but it is nice to get a few extras, including another new P-90. I wish they would have given him the SG-1 arm patch as opposed to the generic SGC though. I was a bit bummed out about that.

I'm kind of thinking I may want to add a beard onto my other one, like he had in the early Season 9 episodes.

Bummer. :(

I know he isn't worth $30, but what are you going to do? I am up to 5 of them so I can make a Mitchel, Shepard, O'Neill & Jonas in that outfit. Luckily I have only had to shell out $90 for all of mine.