Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82587 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2008, 05:24 PM »
I put an order in for 4 of them myself. I'd guess they'll remove the limit after awhile. I should know this but... how many rings make up a stack?

5 rings for the transporter. So technically with having both Carter and Jonus you would need 8 total to have 2 stacks of rings or just buy 3 more and have 1 stack of rings.

Series 4 is actually fairly dull, IMO. Not bad, I just kind of think 'meh' when I look at them. The MALP is a great accessory and is pretty cool to have. I'm going to have to check to see if it is scale or not though. The rings are kind of small, and the scale looks to be a bit off, not by a whole lot though. I only have a stack of two so far but you can fit SG-1 all in there together it looks like. I'm glad to finally have a Jonas. The Naquadria generator is a neat little accessory. Teal'c and Daniel are both nice, primarily because they both have their damn vests, unlike Carter and O'Neill. >:(

I really don't get why they aren't given vests, they have hardly any accessories between the two of them to begin with. Carter has her gun and I think it is the Asgard Time dilation device.  :-[ O'Neill has a P-90, Radio, and GDO. They both look so plain without their vests. And you rarely ever (possibly never) see them walking off world in their desert camo with only a T-Shirt and no vest, especially like O'Neill with his hat backwards and his goggles on. I can at least give O'Neill a vest when my second set comes. I may have to go back and buy another or the series two Carter to get an extra vest for her though...

This is by far the weakest set they have had, but Atlantis Wave 1 was light on accessories too. Probably thank oil prices for this since it costs more to make toys it means that they either have to charge more, or limit the accesories to make things more cost effective. Say good bye to the vests too.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Atlantis series one wasn't that bad actually, most were smaller, but the Shepards both came with a pistol and a P-90 which was nice. I thought the lemon was hilarious. Small accessories sure (with the exception of the very cool drone), but they at least all had what they needed.

I'd much rather have my entire SG team with a vest and their proper gun than with accessories like the little ones Daniel comes with, the Naquadria Generator, etc. I'd prefer both of course, but ultimately if they have to choose I really wish they'd go for the vests. Or at least make an accessory pack with a few vests, P-90s, pistols, zats, stunnters, and some other random little stuff.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:12 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2008, 05:32 AM »
I'm finally about done with my custom tiered display shelf I made for my Stargate figures. I have to clean up the sides (not pictured) but other than that I'm done with it. Originally I was just going to make a plain old white foamcore display to raise up my figures. Realizing that was boring, I decided to do something in the same vein as Muftak's shelf displays. I'd be lying if I said I didn't take a lot of inspiration from Bobb's work. I really tried to combine form and function on this display. I wanted this to primarily be a shelf, but have elements of nature mixed in. I built in a removable Stargate on the top shelf there. I wanted to have in partially in the ground like most gates are. In the event I want to use this for Star Wars figures I can just take the Gate off and it becomes a generic display. The DHD, and the lichen bushes are also removable.

The base is made from several layers of pink insulation foam that I sculpted with some hobby knives. It was then plastered and painted, first with a dark grey base coat, then with a black wash, a brown wash, and then finished off with some drybrushing. For the greenery I just used some Woodlands Scenics model railroad supplies.

I had so much fun making this that I really want to make a few more. I've been brainstorming trying to come up with something that would work for my Galactica figures, and then Star Wars as well. I think these kind of displays really work nicely and don't really take up a whole lot of room. Enough of my blathering here it is: (click the thumbnails)

The pictures are kind of crappy and the flashed washed out some of the detail. I should have taken shot shots at an angle to show the depth of the thing... oh well. I'll try to update with those at some point. Let me know what you guys think.  :)
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Diamond Select's Shipping site is confirming that the Stargate Atlantis Wave 2 stuff is shipping this week. This is the the fastest follow up that Diamond Select has done for Stargate. We had to wait nearly a year from SG-1 Wave 1 to Wave 2. This one is out in less than 4 months.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 2, 2008, 01:00 PM »
I haven't gotten notification from New Force that my stuff is shipping, and they have updated one of their pre-orders to show that a new shipment isn't coming in till 4/10. Anyone else heard anything else?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #185 on: April 2, 2008, 01:16 PM »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: April 3, 2008, 02:26 AM »
I haven't gotten notification from New Force that my stuff is shipping, and they have updated one of their pre-orders to show that a new shipment isn't coming in till 4/10. Anyone else heard anything else?

I haven't heard anything yet either. I don't mind a little break, but it hopefully it won't be too long.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: April 4, 2008, 05:42 AM »
Scratch that. My card was charged and I got my shipping notification earlier today.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 4, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Scratch that. My card was charged and I got my shipping notification earlier today.

My card was charged last night, and I got my Shipping Notification this morning. Thankfully Wave 3 of Atlantis isn't going to be out till later this year. I am just sad that there isn't a Wave 5 for SG-1 since there is so much more they could do.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #189 on: April 6, 2008, 09:22 PM »
No Wave 5 as in the SG-1 line is done? Or they just haven't announced it yet?

I really hope it keeps going... even if it is for just a few more waves. I really want Generals Hammond and Landry, some version of Apophis, Baal, Bray'tac, Doctor Fraiser, Walter, and a Kull Warrior. The possibilties are really endless but I think I would at least feel that they had covered the most important characters. I still can't believe they are coing out with that terrible 12" line.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 7, 2008, 09:58 AM »
No Wave 5 as in the SG-1 line is done? Or they just haven't announced it yet?

I really hope it keeps going... even if it is for just a few more waves. I really want Generals Hammond and Landry, some version of Apophis, Baal, Bray'tac, Doctor Fraiser, Walter, and a Kull Warrior. The possibilties are really endless but I think I would at least feel that they had covered the most important characters. I still can't believe they are coing out with that terrible 12" line.

Not announced yety, but they ussually announced the next wave just as a Wave was coming out. So with Wave 4 hitting, and no Wave 5 I suspect it is either being shelved for now, or they might be trying to do something with Continuium. Either way I hope there is more since there is a ton that they could still do. Especially if they stop using the basic team.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 9, 2008, 04:01 PM »
My package has been delivered to my house per the UPS website. Yippie... This weekend will be a big toy opening festival. Between what I am getting from my local collectors, what is sitting at the house, and what just came today. I have close to 30 some toys to open and it will take me awhile to get it all done.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2008, 05:19 PM »

BBTS has a picture and the Pre-Order up for Atlantis Wave 3. According to the Diamond Select site the release is slated for release on 9/15/08. Any bets on it being Christmas or later before they see the light of day?

Still haven't opened all my Wave 2 stuff. I really got to get going on that.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 1, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Diamond Select has a story about Wave 3 and that we get the Defense Chair!!! Best part is if you buy a case of toys you get a case topper General Jack O'Neill figure. My only hope is that it isn't like the Daniel, since I purchased a bunch of those and made my own custom of Jack.

Story...

The celebrated third series of action figures based on the Sci-Fi Channel hit series Stargate Atlantis are ready to embark on their most important mission to date – exploring your collection!  Featuring characters from the third and fourth seasons, this assortment offers new faces, new uniforms, new threats and a bonus figure-sized Ancient Control Chair!

The core release will include Dr. Samantha Carter and Dr. Jennifer Keller as they appeared in the show’s fourth season, a hulking and imposing Wraith Drone, the limited Garrison Uniform Sheppard in his on-base black uniform and the Previews Exclusive warrior, Ronon Dex.  Also included in each case will be a special edition case-topper figure featuring a new version of a Stargate legend – General Jack O’Neill in his blue garrison uniform!  This limited figure will be included within each sealed case and will only be available from your local retailer.

As with past Stargate releases, this assortment was sculpted by Jean St. Jean Studios, stands 7 inches tall and features series-accurate costumes.  The Ancient Control Chair will be distributed with Dr. Carter, Dr. Keller, Wraith Drone and Ronon, however each figure in the line will also include several accessories to further accent your Stargate displays.

Since I am cutting down on stuff not sure if I am still going to get a dozen of the Drones, but I still have 4 months to decided. Just waiting for the New Force order to post.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2008, 04:08 PM »
New Force just placed thier pre-order for Atlantis Wave 3 on their site. If you order a case you get one of the Jack O'Neil case toppers that come with that wave. I placed my order for a case already. Will have to look elsewhere to get more Drones.