Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82597 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #210 on: January 7, 2009, 11:49 AM »
Art Asylum has posted pictures of the Atlantis Wave 3 that is due out in 2 weeks (we hope).

« Last Edit: January 9, 2009, 11:17 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 7, 2009, 02:20 PM »
These figures all look pretty good as do the accessories.  Too bad Ronon doesn't come with his sword instead of the P90.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 7, 2009, 03:20 PM »
These figures all look pretty good as do the accessories.  Too bad Ronon doesn't come with his sword instead of the P90.

E...

Or for that matter a second blaster since he has been seen with 2. Sword should be easy to replace from other toy lines like NECA's POTC, or from Buffy, etc...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Art Assylum is now showing that the Atlantis Wave 3 has been pushed back another month to 2/18/09.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2009, 10:24 PM »
Art Assylum is now showing that the Atlantis Wave 3 has been pushed back another month to 2/18/09.

::)

Wow. Did we really expect much else though? DST really needs to learn how to set release dates. If everything is constantly getting pushed back then they need to realize that they aren't giving themselves enough time, and just set release dates for further out.

Those carded images look pretty nice. The anciet chair is going to make a great little accessory. If these ever do ship, I ordered a full case from New Force (so I could get two Wraith Drones and the O'Neill topper) so I'll have an extra Carter and Keller (and possibly an extra Ronan) if anyone is interested in them.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2009, 08:41 PM »

::)

Wow. Did we really expect much else though? DST really needs to learn how to set release dates. If everything is constantly getting pushed back then they need to realize that they aren't giving themselves enough time, and just set release dates for further out.

Those carded images look pretty nice. The anciet chair is going to make a great little accessory. If these ever do ship, I ordered a full case from New Force (so I could get two Wraith Drones and the O'Neill topper) so I'll have an extra Carter and Keller (and possibly an extra Ronan) if anyone is interested in them.

Let me say May-be on getting them. I want to get a bunch of Wraith Drone to go with all my Serpent Guards and Wraith figures. I am still working on a way to convert Tayla into a Wraith Queen for a custom.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Art Asylum in their new Q&A (#22) have finally confirmed a couple things...

1. The SG-1 Wave 5 will be shown at NYC Toy Fair in a couple weeks.

And the biggest news....

2. THEY ARE MAKING BA'AL!!!!

SWEET!!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2009, 06:27 PM »
That's great news indeed. I can't wait for Ba'al. I really hope they include General Hammond in this wave. It would be a nice little tribute to Don S. Davis.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Diamond Select has finally posted the new SG-1 Line.

Toy Fair Preview: Stargate SG-1

The Stargate action figure line has already delivered six assortments (that's over 44 individual figures!) but Diamond Select Toys isn't finished with the intrepid cast of Stargate SG-1 just yet! Previewed here for the first time are some of the stars of the next release - Stargate SG-1 Series 5!

Air Force Jack O'Neill: Featuring O'Neill in his highly decorated US Air Force uniform, a highly requested fan-favorite depiction.

Black Ops Samantha Carter: Joining her previously released "Black Ops" SG-1 teammates, this figure is based on the season 2 premiere "The Serpent's Lair."

Horus Guard: The nefarious cousin to the traditional Serpent Guard, these misguided Jaffa served the family of Ra, including Ra himself and his son Heru'ur.

General George Hammond: At last joining his team in action figure form, the late three-star Lieutenant General is depicted in his US Air Force uniform.

Ba'al: Based on the Season 10 episode "The Quest," the scheming and conniving Ba'al is a former System Lord and the last of the Goa'uld.

As with past releases, each figure in this assortment will be accompanied by pieces of a key Stargate accessory - this time in the form of Stargate Command's armored and weaponized reconnaisance drone, the U.A.V. As a special bonus, a limited case topper figure will also be available from your local comic store in the form of Black Ops Cameron Mitchell.

Stay tune for more Toy Fair news and updates as this year's American International Toy Fair begins in earnest this Sunday, February 15th!

I am going to need at least 3 of the Carters for making customs, 2 of Col. Hammond, 3 Jack O'Neils for making a Mitchel & Sheppard, and 4 Horus Guards. I just might end up getting 2 cases of this figure so I get 2 case toppers of the Black-Ops Mitchel.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Diamond Select shows that Atlantis Wave 3 is due out on the 18th, but New Force (who I ordered through) and the Previews Site are showing that the figures are shipping this week and will be in stores TODAY!!! This means orders should be shipping by the end of the week for those of us that have Pre-Orders in.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24 AM »
I'm tempted to pick up a Hammond, just because.  Sounds like a decent wave of figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2009, 11:38 PM »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Still no pictures of Horus Guard. It is what I expected of the Black-Ops Mitchel.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2009, 01:37 AM »
  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Horus Guard - Finally a Jaffa figure that looks good. The paint on it is just awsome. I am going to pick a couple extra up of these to swap bodys with the Serpent Guards and make a few Teal'c figures with this body as well.

NOTE -  BBTS has a pre-order up, but it is the wrong pre-order. They are showing the Case Topper Cameron Mithcell as 1 of the 5 figures from the wave. There is no mention or picture of the Horus Guard.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:57 AM by knashdx »