Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 55558 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2006, 01:21 AM »
I think who ever comes out of the West will give the Heat problems if they advance.  All the west has to do is put Shaq in pick-n-roll situations all game long.  Sure he will dominate the offensive end but the defensive end will be a big problem.  He doesn't have to guard anyone in the Detroit series.  If the west is able to play up tempo the Heat will get killed.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2006, 07:56 AM »
I think who ever comes out of the West will give the Heat problems if they advance.  All the west has to do is put Shaq in pick-n-roll situations all game long.  Sure he will dominate the offensive end but the defensive end will be a big problem.  He doesn't have to guard anyone in the Detroit series.  If the west is able to play up tempo the Heat will get killed.

I agree that Shaq would have a tough time guarding the pick-and-roll.  He always has.  Still ... no one on either Phoenix or Dallas can guard Wade.  There are advantages for both sides, but I do agree that the two Western teams are stronger.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 07:56 AM by Darth Rayne »

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2006, 05:34 PM »
crossing my fingers and knocking on wood while i say it, i think dallas' best chance against miami (who they schooled in the regular season) is that they are alot deeper.    dallas can allow wade to go off for 50 if terry harris and howard all get 15 pts.  and, i think dirks numbers will make up for shaqs.

of course, that all hinges on them getting there, which won't happen if they get sucked into phoenix's crazy style of b-ball again.  i am still pretty hopeful, when dallas played more like that i vividly recall that if you live by the shooting streak  you also die by it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 05:36 PM by john todd »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2006, 10:59 PM »
I knew that Miami wasn't going to win tonight.  Still ... I wasn't that impressed with Detroit.  They had the adrenaline of having their backs against the wall with the home crowd cheering them on, and they didn't play that great.  Miami simply played like **** ... and you could tell that Riley conceded the game at the end when he took Wade out.  This series will end Friday night ... just like I predicted it would.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 1, 2006, 10:36 PM »
I knew that Miami wasn't going to win tonight.  Still ... I wasn't that impressed with Detroit.  They had the adrenaline of having their backs against the wall with the home crowd cheering them on, and they didn't play that great.  Miami simply played like **** ... and you could tell that Riley conceded the game at the end when he took Wade out.  This series will end Friday night ... just like I predicted it would.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Detroit to win 2 straight games now, in fact I'm putting the odds of them winning this series at about 60-40 with Miami having the edge.  I don't think this is a slam dunk for Dwyane Wade by any stretch.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 10:37 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 1, 2006, 11:24 PM »
What an awesome fourth quarter for Dirk and the Mavs...   :o

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 2, 2006, 08:16 AM »
I don't think this is a slam dunk for Dwyane Wade by any stretch.

Of course it isn't.  Detroit is too good of a team with a history for winning in the clutch.  That being said, I don't believe that Wade will allow Miami to lose tonight.  He's my favorite player ... so I must believe in him and cheer him on.  If Detroit ends up winning the series after being down 3-1, then they more than deserve to be in the Finals.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 08:22 AM by Darth Rayne »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 2, 2006, 08:23 AM »
What an awesome fourth quarter for Dirk and the Mavs...   :o

That was a thing of beauty to watch.  Wade and Diggler are playing the best basketball in the Playoffs right now.  I'd love to see their teams go head-to-head in the Finals.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 2, 2006, 05:37 PM »
that was quite a display.  you guys probably already heard this stat, but dirk is only the 5th guy in 35 years to get 50 and 10.  that puts him in the company of k malone, barkley, macadoo and a guy i have never heard of before.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 2, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Dirk was crazy last night.  Some of his shots didn't even make the net move.

Heat better wrap it up tonight or they're done.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 2, 2006, 10:58 PM »

Ask and you shall receive!
What do you do when your Ferrari isn't operating at peak performance?  You rev up that Diesel and ride it all the way to the NBA Finals!
 :D

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 3, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Shaq hasn't looked that good since the first run with the Lakers.  Congrats to the Big Fella and Heat.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 3, 2006, 12:45 AM »

Ask and you shall receive!
What do you do when your Ferrari isn't operating at peak performance?  You rev up that Diesel and ride it all the way to the NBA Finals!
 :D

Maybe, but nothing beats great German engineering. That's why Dirk and the Mavs will beat the Heat in the Finals!!!!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 3, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Maybe, but nothing beats great German engineering. That's why Dirk and the Mavs will beat the Heat in the Finals!!!!

Yeah, you're probably right ... but at least it won't be another Spurs/Pistons Finals snooze-fest.  NBA fans the world over can rejoice!
 ;)

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 3, 2006, 04:26 PM »
that is true.  no matter who comes out of the west, we will not be watching 2 teams buckle down and grind it out to a big 70-65 finish.