Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 55254 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #180 on: June 3, 2006, 04:35 PM »
The Mavs are in the finals? saw it posted here that they are facing the Heat??! You have to win 4 right? ::)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 3, 2006, 11:37 PM »
The Mavs are in the finals? saw it posted here that they are facing the Heat??! You have to win 4 right? ::)

Yup ... which they just did tonight.
 ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 4, 2006, 02:41 AM »

That's right, now I wonder if maybe I can find some cheap tickets to any of the games.   ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 4, 2006, 10:08 AM »
I know Rob is in Texas, but who else here are legitimate hometown Miami or Dallas fans?

(It's gonna be a while before I see the Knicks in the finals)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 4, 2006, 08:24 PM »
I know Rob is in Texas, but who else here are legitimate hometown Miami or Dallas fans?

My sister and her family live near Miami.  Does that count?
 ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 4, 2006, 11:10 PM »

My sister and her family live near Miami.  Does that count?
 ;)

No.

You get to choose from the Knicks, Nets, and Raptors. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 4, 2006, 11:28 PM »
I'm pretty excited... I didn't have a basketball team growing up in Tampa, unless you count the Magic - which I never got interested in.  So while I'm not a long-time Mavs fan, they're the team I root for whenever I'm watching basketball.  I used to work across the street from the AAC and could walk there from my house in about 25 minutes.  I've gone to a handful of games over the last two seasons... it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Should be a good series regardless of who wins.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 5, 2006, 08:39 AM »
No.

You get to choose from the Knicks, Nets, and Raptors. 

No thanks.  I've never been one of these people who feels compelled to like a team due to geographical proximity.  I don't mind the Yankees, but I don't follow baseball enough to have a favorite team, I can't stand the Buffalo Bills, the three NBA teams you offered to me make me vomit, and the NHL doesn't exist to me.
 ;)
I tend to like players, and if I like a player enough, it evolves into liking their team.  I followed Jordan since he was a Tar Heel ... hence, I was a Bulls fan when he played for them, and I'm still a Tar Heels fan to this day.  I never jumped on the Bulls bandwagon, so I don't want to hear it from anyone.  I suffered through their heart-breaking playoff eliminations through Jordan's first six seasons, and rejoiced when they finally won their first championship.  The dynasty that followed was just gravy.  I still like to see the Bulls win, but after the way they let that team fall apart in '98, I feel no loyalty to them.  Dwyane Wade is my favorite athlete since Jordan left the game, and I've always liked Shaq, so I now cheer for Miami.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 10:28 AM by Darth Rayne »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 5, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Although I am a little disappointed that the Suns couldn't pull that series out, it should be a pretty fun finals.  I enjoy watching the Heat, D. Wade in particular, and the Mavs aren't too bad of a team either.  And, like people mentioned earlier, I was just hoping we wouldn't have a Detroit/San Antonio finals again.  Its nice to have some new teams, and we should have some higher scoring games.  It should be entertaining...go Heat.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 5, 2006, 05:05 PM »
i can claim to be a legitimate hometown fan.  i am very excited for the mavs.  for those of us in the dallas area, its been a pretty long road.   

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 5, 2006, 06:15 PM »
i can claim to be a legitimate hometown fan.  i am very excited for the mavs.  for those of us in the dallas area, its been a pretty long road.   

Not for me, I've only been here 3 years.   ;D

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 5, 2006, 11:14 PM »
so you probably don't remember all the 50+ loss seasons.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 8, 2006, 10:11 AM »
The Finals start tonight, and I, for one, couldn't be happier.  I've really loved the playoffs this year, and it's been almost a week since I've had a game to watch.  I'm going through withdrawal.
 ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 8, 2006, 11:21 AM »
so you probably don't remember all the 50+ loss seasons.

Thankfully no, but I did my share of sports suffering growing up with the Tampa bay Bucs as my team.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 8, 2006, 06:21 PM »
The Finals start tonight, and I, for one, couldn't be happier.  I've really loved the playoffs this year, and it's been almost a week since I've had a game to watch.  I'm going through withdrawal.
 ;)

i couldn't agree more.  this time off with no games seem interminable.

at least as a positive note, both our fave teams have survived this long, so the long long summer where there is no basketball will be shorter.