Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 55325 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #195 on: June 8, 2006, 06:48 PM »
I know Rob is in Texas, but who else here are legitimate hometown Miami or Dallas fans?

(It's gonna be a while before I see the Knicks in the finals)

Buy "Eddie".

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 8, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Wade sits down in the 4th quarter and the rest of the Heat forget how to play basketball.  Wonderful. 
Maybe it's just me, but if I was playing against a player who is as hot as Jason Terry is tonight, I wouldn't leave him open on fast breaks.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 8, 2006, 11:56 PM »
And that run ended up being the difference. 
Oh well.  The Heat played about as bad as they could.  Too many turnovers ... terrible at the line (though only two guys shot foul shots.  Really?  Come on.).  At least U proved that he can guard Dirk rather well.  I still feel good about the Heat's chances, especially seeing that the middle three games are in Miami, but it would've been nice to steal Game 1.
Overall, this game wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be.  Both teams were a bit rusty.  I expect that to pick up by Game 2.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 9, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Well, if nobody else is going to do it, I may as well provide the resistance to the Flash/Diesel fan club here, being that I can't stand either one of them.

I'm not a Mavericks fan (being a New Yorker), but I do love the big German.

Let's go Mavs!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 9, 2006, 07:57 AM »
Well, if nobody else is going to do it, I may as well provide the resistance to the Flash/Diesel fan club here, being that I can't stand either one of them.

I'm not a Mavericks fan (being a New Yorker), but I do love the big German.

Let's go Mavs!

What could you possibly have against Wade?  The guy's soft-spoken, humble, articulate, stays out of trouble,  plays the game unselfishly and with passion, and he's one hell of a basketball player.  What has he done in his three years in the league to make you not be able to stand him?
And remember, you picked the Heat to win it all.  You can root for the Mavs, but you can't take back that prediction now.
 ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 9, 2006, 10:48 AM »
What could you possibly have against Wade?  The guy's soft-spoken, humble, articulate, stays out of trouble,  plays the game unselfishly and with passion, and he's one hell of a basketball player.

I'd have to agree, I don't know what Wade has done thus far for people not to like him.  Shaq - ok, I understand, some people don't care for him - for some reason I think I've liked him the best this season because he's been able to take a backseat to a teammate and not have a problem with it.  But anyways, back on topic, I've always thought that D. Wade was more than humble, while at the same time having confidence in himself.  I mean, everyone is of course entitled to their opinion though, I just don't think I've ever heard anyone say they couldn't stand him before.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #201 on: June 9, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Biggest winners last night weren't the Mavs, but instead the viewers--who weren't forced to listen to this dumbass:

I think it's been several years since I've watched a Finals game that he wasn't doing color on.  Last night was oh-so-nice.

---

Dwayne Wade:

I hate everybody, but even I don't see anything to hate about Dwayne Wade.  But that kinda makes me hate him, now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 11:27 AM by Grandma Tarkin »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 9, 2006, 11:38 AM »
I hate everybody, but even I don't see anything to hate about Dwayne Wade.  But that kinda makes me hate him, now that I think about it.

Well, that I can understand then.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 9, 2006, 06:16 PM »
in a way it was nice to see the mavs play really really bad and still win.  there is alot of sweep talk here now.  i would be surprised if that was true,  but last night was a pretty good omen.  it instills alot of confidence when the mavs shot 32% in the 1st quarter and the heat shot 70% and the mavs still weren't in a hole so big that no one could dig out.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 9, 2006, 07:51 PM »
in a way it was nice to see the mavs play really really bad and still win.  there is alot of sweep talk here now.  i would be surprised if that was true,  but last night was a pretty good omen.  it instills alot of confidence when the mavs shot 32% in the 1st quarter and the heat shot 70% and the mavs still weren't in a hole so big that no one could dig out.

I'd be a bit worried if I were the Heat ... but it won't be a sweep.  Dallas won't win the first two games in Miami.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I think Dwayne is a pretty cool dude, but I can't stand Shaq. Therefore I'm going for Dallas.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2006, 08:23 PM »
I think Dwayne is a pretty cool dude, but I can't stand Shaq. Therefore I'm going for Dallas.

Now that I can understand.
 ;)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2006, 08:46 PM »
How about this one:

I can stand Shaq quite easiliy, infact I think he's hilarious, but I live two minutes away from the American Airlines Center, in Dallas - so I'm going for Dallas.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:47 PM by Rob »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2006, 10:27 PM »
How about this one:

I can stand Shaq quite easiliy, infact I think he's hilarious, but I live two minutes away from the American Airlines Center, in Dallas - so I'm going for Dallas.

Even better ... and at this rate, the Mavs are going to be champs in four games.  The Heat have to grow a pair of balls and stop playing like a bunch of goddamn pussies.  And get the ball to Shaq, dammit!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2006, 10:45 PM »
How about this one:

Hrmmm...on the other hand, being just 2 minutes from the AA Center, you may be fairly heavily impacted by the riots after the Mavs win.  Or lose.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda