Author Topic: NBA 2005/06  (Read 54815 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2005/06
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2006, 10:56 AM »
That last foul against Dirk was total bull. His arm was just in the way, and then Wade deliberately runs into his arm. If you ask me, the fould should've been called against Miami.

But congrats to Dwyane on a great series!

No, not congats to Heat, congrats to Dwyane. Without him, they wouldn't have even been in the playoffs.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2006, 12:34 PM »
That last foul against Dirk was total bull. His arm was just in the way, and then Wade deliberately runs into his arm. If you ask me, the fould should've been called against Miami.

Yup ... but as mentioned earlier, when you run into the offensive player and you're shuffling your feet (which Dirk definitely was), you're not going to get the call. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2006, 08:05 AM »
This is how Mark Cuban blew off some steam after Game 4 (Miami's one blowout victory in the series).  By the way ... that's not Cuban's wife.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 08:06 AM by Darth Rayne »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Uh oh!

Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2006, 10:57 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... this is fantastic:

Knicks fire Brown, name Thomas new coach

If there's one thing basketball-related that Isiah is worse at than being a GM, it's coaching.  Still ... I can't help but feel a bit of justification on this one.  Isiah was the dumb **** who made the team the disaster it is.  It will be entertaining to watch him try and coach it.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Uh oh!

5.8 billion reasons I don't think that will happen.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2006, 11:39 AM »

If there's one thing basketball-related that Isiah is worse at than being a GM, it's coaching.  Still ... I can't help but feel a bit of justification on this one.  Isiah was the dumb **** who made the team the disaster it is.  It will be entertaining to watch him try and coach it.

I just saw this on ESPN.com as well.  I guess it isn't overly surprising, but this definitely isn't going to fix the Knicks.  Like you said, its almost justified to see him try to coach this train wreck of a team he's assembled.  Its amazing to me that he has this type of control, because it seems obvious that he has no idea what he is doing in coaching, management, or anything else in the organizations he's been associated with.  He was a heck of a player, but it looks like he should have left it at that.  This will be interesting.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2006, 12:29 PM »

The Knicks are dead for years to come.  Larry Brown is a great coach, firing him achieves nothing.  He's going to get most of the $40 million that's still coming to him.  Thomas is going to fail coaching this team.  And with the salary situation, and the trading of high lottery picks for Eddy Curry, this team is absolutely  buried.  I just, I don't have anything else to say.  But Larry Brown is just about the only person in the Knicks organization who should not be leaving.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Uh oh!

5.8 billion reasons I don't think that will happen.

I know he's rich, but I guess we'll see how much his wife likes the picture of him with his hand on the ass of a blonde in his lap.  Then again, I don't know much about his wife.  I know any woman that I marry would have the divorce papers filed already.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2006, 12:38 PM »
But Larry Brown is just about the only person in the Knicks organization who should not be leaving.

Exactly.  It's not Brown's fault that the team sucks and is made up of a bunch of head-cases who wouldn't listen to him anyway.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2006, 12:42 PM »
What I don't understand is why fire Larry when you know that the 2nd year he's with a team there's a lot of improvement.  The first year is to break down the player and after that improvement will show.  Maybe we can get jobs with the Knicks.   :P

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Easy Jay: it's New York.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2006, 05:25 PM »
they worked it out that including the 7 mill that detroit gave him in his buy out, and the 10 mill that ny paid him last year and the 40 mill they have to pay him since they fired him instead of buying him out or waiting for him to decide to go elsewhere, brown pulled in $57 mill in this last calendar year for having the worst record in the east.

i can't believe they let him go.  no one, not even red aurbach could make francis and starbury into a cohesive team.  why not just make him ride out the sucker contract he signed?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2006, 10:51 PM »

i can't believe they let him go.  no one, not even red aurbach could make francis and starbury into a cohesive team.  why not just make him ride out the sucker contract he signed?

Because Jim Dolan and Isiah Thomas needed a scapegoat.  In my opinion Larry Brown and Channing Frye were the only 2 Knicks worth keeping around, and now only one of them remain.  Now Isiah won't have anyone to blame but himself with this mind-numbing cluster**** disaster of a team wins 28 games this year.  Isiah brought these players together, and now he coaches them too.  Isiah has exactly 300 days left with this franchise, and then he too will be gone.