Author Topic: What about this Clone?  (Read 5355 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What about this Clone?
« on: October 14, 2005, 11:59 AM »
In the ROTS novel, there are some Clones dressed up as Jedi in the Temple after Order 66.  They are disguised to help trick any potential Jedi survivors so they can murder them easier.

Here is a reference pic -

I really like this idea and find it kind of chilling and very evil... here's my take on a couple of them.  I doubt Hasbro would make them look like this, but it's just my take on them.

Although this isn't in the movie, I think it might be a cool figure for Hasbro to make... any takers?

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: What about this Clone?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I'd go for it.  That photo of Temeura Morrison looks creepy as all hell, though. 

Nice work on your version too, CHEWIE.  I notice that the robe is from the Obi-Wan Pilot, but I was curious where you got the hood piece from and how you went about attaching it?

The more I see cool concepts like this one, and the other Clones and aliens and so forth that have yet to be made for ROTS, the more I dislike this idea of "Battle Theme" waves next year making these figures at least a year away.  :'(

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 12:23 PM »
I don't remember that from the novelization. It's too bad the movie didn't add more scenes to flesh things out like this, give the story richer texture. I loved the exchange of Artoo and Threepio between Anakin and Padmé. I'd buy Jedi disguise clone. Nice customs.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Groovy! I remember hearing about that at some point, but I didn't realize anything had been shot--I assumed it was EU developed after the fact.

And yeah, I'd buy that.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Thanks guys.  I really think this would be a cool and unique figure for Hasbro to make. 

I don't mean to turn this into a customizing thread, but here's a recipe on how I made them.

Clone #1

Body - ROTS Agen Kolar
Head - Evolutions Clone
Hands - 21st Century figure
Robe - ROTS pilot Obi Wan
Hood - POTJ Obi Wan

Clone #2

Body - ROTS Mace Windu
Head - Evolutions Clone
Hands - 21st Century figure
Robe - ROTS pilot Obi Wan
Hood - ROTS Crispy Anakin

I am going to go back and glue on the hood on the first Clone's cloak, and paint his skin to match the hands/head skin tone.  I did both of those on the second Clone.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 03:50 PM »
This was definitely one of the more compelling images from the Official Site's most recent DVD article.  I'd be into getting a Clone like this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Clones disguised as Jedi?  I love it!  This is perfect for reflecting the darker feel of ROTS.  If Hasbro makes them, I'll buy them.  Guaranteed.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 05:02 PM »
I don't remember that from the novelization.

The original plan for Obi-Wan and Yoda's entrance into the Jedi Temple is what made it into the novelization, I think.  Long story short, the Clones are disguised as Jedi so when any "fugitive" Jedi show up, the Clones could lure them in (or something).  Obi-Wan shows up in a disguise as an old man carrying a baby and tells the Clone Jedi that he found one or something.  The Clone looks at the "ugliest baby he'd ever seen" and asks how the man knows its a Jedi.  Then Yoda comes out with:

"My lightsaber, the first clue it would be, hmmm?"

Death ensues.  I assume that this bit the dust when it was decided to just have Obi-Wan and Yoda kick 501st ass instead of go through the cloak and dagger charade.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 05:05 PM »
I don't remember that from the novelization.

The original plan for Obi-Wan and Yoda's entrance into the Jedi Temple is what made it into the novelization, I think.  Long story short, the Clones are disguised as Jedi so when any "fugitive" Jedi show up, the Clones could lure them in (or something).  Obi-Wan shows up in a disguise as an old man carrying a baby and tells the Clone Jedi that he found one or something.  The Clone looks at the "ugliest baby he'd ever seen" and asks how the man knows its a Jedi.  Then Yoda comes out with:

"My lightsaber, the first clue it would be, hmmm?"

Death ensues.  I assume that this bit the dust when it was decided to just have Obi-Wan and Yoda kick 501st ass instead of go through the cloak and dagger charade.

Well, that brings it all back.

Yoda: sage, warrior, leader, teacher ... ugly baby. He wears many hats, no?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 05:09 PM »
The original intent was to bring out Yoda's prankster streak.  But the movie is so dark at this point that any comic relief is really out of place.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 07:47 PM »
I think they could have pulled this off, but not used the Yoda baby thing.  That, in my opinion, would have seemed way out of place. 

To me I think it would have been nicer to see Obi Wan and Yoda sneak into the Temple and not see any Clones at first.  But then to see several "Jedi" from a distance, and for Yoda to sense something was wrong.  Then it is revealed that there are Clones disguised as Jedi.  Maybe just a few of them, not a big army or anything. 

After killing them, I think it would have been very cool to see Obi Wan and Yoda in a scene in the temple reminiscent of ANH where the Stormtroopers blow open the door in the Death Star to get to the detention block where Han yells "Get behind me, get behind me" - maybe if Obi Wan yells "Get behind me" there it would have shown a lot more tension in the temple rather than just seeing a holographic effect of the slaughter and the 501st Clones getting killed.

Have them survive the onslaught of troops, change the beacon distress signal, etc. and then go off to face the Sith.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 05:27 PM »
With tons of respect, I would never acknowlege that such a character could exist, or would be sucessful even taking a shot at a jedi. This stems from my issue with the Jedi being talken out like the Iraqi army. A jedi SHOULD be able to pick up on such focused brain waves and not be fooled by such a disguise. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Well said.   That reflects my biggest beef with ROTS - how easily the Jedi were killed, whether fighting Palpatine or during Order 66. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 07:47 PM »
So I guess this quote doesn't influence peoples opinions?

"The dark side clouds everything.  Impossible to see the future is." - Yoda in Attack Of The Clones
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 08:00 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Well you know who it is.  The worst part of being GL is that people tend to think they know more about the SW universe that himself, the creator.

It has to suck... :(
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.