Author Topic: Covert Ops Clone Trooper  (Read 53786 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Covert Ops Clone Trooper
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 05:57 PM »
It's partially vac'ed. There's some ashy charcoal colors and purple too. The loose example looks more purpley than the the carded one.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 06:13 PM »
This is the product of what happens when a Hasbro designer comes home from work, gets bitten by a rabid bat, trips on garbage, falls down a set of stairs, gets drunk, and then tries to think of a starwarsshop.com Clone exclusive.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Too much money, and not enough interest. I am now waiting for the final 12 to come out and to hopefully find Gree, Bly, and the 501st Tactical Troopers (want 5 for a squad). Only thing then I want is the R4 and the white Grevious guard. Might, MIGHT take a Wookie or two, but that is it. Then I'm done until Cody (at least I think I am!).
Anyway, again, for the price, I have to pass.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 06:49 PM »
here's the next "Exclusive" Covert Ops Clone Trooper

For some reason, I've got "In the Navy" stuck in my head. Maybe Hasbro should do a Village People Clone Trooper exclusive.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 07:03 PM »
My brain is going to explode! When I first heard about this, I thought (and was hoping) that this was the Target clone switching retailers on us, but NO! it's in addition to it. The pain! The Pain!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 07:20 PM »
What in the hell is that thing supposed to be?  LOL!  Now, I admit that they gotme with the Lava Vader and the exclusive Target clonetrooper several months ago.  I can accept hologram figures and even those Lava Kenobi and Anakins and even the Early Bird thing but just barely. 

This thing on the other hand is crazy.  I know everyone likes clonetroopers and does not mind an occasion EU type spin, but this thing looks ridiculous.  At least in my opinion. 

However, despite all that I MIGHT have bought this.  Why will I not this time?  The freaking $13.99 price tag plus shipping for a thing that was not even remotely in the movie.  It's just a ripoff and a half methinks. 

Man that is scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Sorry for the rant on it but wow.  It's just getting a tad carried away with exclusives and prices. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Well - I'm a retard, but I ordered my two just simply 'cause that's what I do.

I think it's time for me to leave work and slam my head against the wall for an hour or so.

*sigh*
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 08:14 PM »
On the bright side...at least this isn't an Utapau clone or something we would like more than one of.  I don't mind non-movie stuff being so expensive, because if it's not on the screen, then I don't hunt for it.

Granted, if I find EU stuff on the pegs, I usually buy it.  But something like this that looks so non-Star Warsy, I can easily pass on.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 08:15 PM »
here's the next "Exclusive" Covert Ops Clone Trooper

If we ever need a terrorist raid conducted in San Francisco we can send 6 of these guys in to get the job done.  There is no haven for them when we have these weapons at our disposal.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2005, 09:48 PM »
I still kind of like this new figure but I am starting to talk myself out of buying one. ::)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 10:11 PM »

It's on it's way

Where is that little "laying on the floor laughing like crazy" emoticon when I need it?  :D 

Great work on that Jay.  PM me your address and your nickel will be in the mail shortly.

I still kind of like this new figure but I am starting to talk myself out of buying one. ::)

I honestly think that the only reason I ordered one is because it's a Clone and I thought it might be interesting to have.  Thanks to the benefit of time and foresight (not to mention a whole lot of peer pressure around here, ha ha), I'm wondering if I should even keep it on preorder.  It wasn't in the films, it's horribly expensive, and I'm on a tight budget right now anyway, so I don't know....  ???  I keep asking myself, "Am I buying it because I want it, or out of some misplaced idea that I need it?" 

Right now, I'm leaning toward cancelling it.   :-\

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Well now that I calmed down after my initial rant.  The figure itself is ok I guess.  I just wish they would not price things so insanely high.  I can see $9.99 with shipping and handling added on after that.  But $13.99 for a funky painted clonetrooper is kind of nuts.  It not even really an EU character even.  It's just something the Hasbro reps painted up and called it "Special Ops Trooper" 

To be honest that rainbow clonetrooper looks better IMO. 

LOL!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 12:21 AM »
I think this is the one that will go down in history as being when Hasbro "jumped the shark" with the Star Wars line. It's like they are starting to turn clones into batman.

I will have none of it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 10:00 AM »
You know, there is a bright side to an exclusive like this. It is an EU type character, therefore, if you skip it, you're not really missing anything.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 10:03 AM »
You know, there is a bright side to an exclusive like this. It is an EU type character, therefore, if you skip it, you're not really missing anything.

I'm really hoping this thing falls flat on it's face, because there has to be a ceiling to all this craziness.  They're really starting to price these things too high to enjoy.  I don't want it to feel like I'm paying for a lobster dinner for two everytime I go to order a $5 action figure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda