Author Topic: Titanium Series Ultra (Action Fleet scale)  (Read 39849 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Titanium Series Ultra (Action Fleet scale)
« on: September 20, 2005, 03:43 PM »
I see that Hasbro updated today with news of the Titanium Series Ultra line, starting with the X-Wing and Gunship.  I'm guessing these are just larger versions, is that right?  If so, I might just wait and get a few from this line, depending on price.

In case you didn't read the story when Hasbro originally posted in back on August 26th, you can read it at Hasbro.com again today.

Nothing like re-posting an old story (word-for-word) and pretending it's something new...  ::)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 02:50 AM by JediMAC »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart's Titanium Series!
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Damnit.  I have absolutely ZERO instincts for knowing what is going to be popular.  I swear.  I never bought an Unleashed.  By the time I start getting interested in those they cancel the line and everything skyrockets.  By the time I start getting into GG busts those things go up.  Then it was the Kubricks.  Now I look into Titanium and they all go up. 

LOL!

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart's Titanium Series!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 09:10 AM »
The Titanium Ultra is the new life of the Action Fleet.  I picked up the Gunship and it's exactly like my AF version but with a better pain job (and the whole metal instead of plastic thing).   I love the AF line and these are super cool but I don' t think it will last due to the price.  My WM still has a lot of these ships just sitting there. 

BTW, I really want the Jedi Starfighter from AOTC in diecast/mini form I didn't get the 3 3/4 scale fighter because it was too big but I would LOVE a smaller version.  Also wishing for: ultra Star Destroyer, & MonCal Ship.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Titanium Series Ultra (Action Fleet scale)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 02:56 AM »
I just split this topic off from the smaller scaled Titanium ship discussion, since this is kind of a separate line.  Anyway, I was really torn over this line when I first saw it down at Comic Con, especially since I really loved the Action Fleet line.  Since these were based on the old Action Fleet molds (though Hasbro ridiculously denies that), and since these are a nicer heftier metal than the plastic AF versions, and these might even have slightly better paint jobs, I was very intrigued by them.  But the thought of rebuying the same exact ships but in metal was rather annoying to me, especially since I don't even have room for my AF as it is.  But I decided I'd wait just to see if the pricepoint was similar to the last time to ultimately decide...

But at DOUBLE the price of the prior AF, there's just no way I'm going to be plunking down a fat $20 for every one of these suckers (assuming more are made).  Just a bad move on Hasbro's part, I think.  More rehashes, higher price, exclusive (right now), etc.  That's a losing proposition for a new line right there if I ever saw one...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Pictures of the first "non-excluisve" wave of ships:

As a reminder, while the Gunship and X-Wing are currently Wal-Mart exclusives, next year the Ultra line should be available EVERYWHERE (ie no longer be exclusive to Wal-Mart) in 2006.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:35 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 09:35 AM »
While shopping at a Wal-mart across town yesterday, I saw these "ultra" versions for the first time.  I had the X-Wing in the cart, and wanted to scan it, and it came up for $19.97 or so.  I did want to get it, but since I found some other figures/stuff, and we were doing some Christmas shopping too, I decided to wait for now.  Hopefully that's not a mistake.  I know some people aren't crazy about these, but I never bit on the Action Fleet line, and I always kind of regretted it.  I'm thinking about picking up the OT ships from this line, if they look pretty nice.  Is there any sort of rumor/confirmed list of what is coming post-Gunship/X-Wing?  Just curious what is on the way, if we know.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 12:55 PM »
i saw these today and i dont see these selling out cuz of the price. but i was tempted since it looks rather nice. i hope they'll go on sale after X'mas

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Is there any sort of rumor/confirmed list of what is coming post-Gunship/X-Wing?

Once we get past the Gunship/X-Wing, the line becomes widely released (is no longer Wal-Mart exclusive).

In the new era of non-exlusive Titanium Ultra, the list goes something like this:

Wave 1 (Confirmed - see photo above):
ARC-170
Tri Droid Fighter

Wave 2 (uncomfirmed)
Slave 1
Snowspeeder

Wave 3 (uncomfirmed)
AT-AT
Millennium Falcon

Wave 2 and 3 are fairly accurate, but they have not been officially confirmed yet so you know how it goes with Hasbro - subject to change and all that jazz.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 12:26 PM »
I really, really hope they make the cruisers (AOTC, ROTS and star destroyer).    Hey an evolution pack!  Even the small die cast version of all three together would be cool.  I'm just glad they are making the Jedi Attack Cruiser  :D.  Mon cal cruiser would be nice along with the Death Star II or I but it's a long shot realistically.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I've seen some of you guys mentioning that you've picked up "Titanium" ships lately and had no idea they were larger scale die-cast ships. I saw them in Walmart the other day; X-Wing and Gunship. They look pretty cool. I might get some. How are they? Good quality? I'm hating the little metal ones now because they're using gummy rubber parts on them. How much do the large ones cost? I didn't any prices in the store.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 07:43 PM »
$19.99 each.  A little hight but they are metal except for the "pointy" type parts that would hurt kids.  They are basically the Action Fleet ships redone, repainted and mostly metal.  I have the AF and Titanium version of both but comparing the Gunship I like the AF version better but it's nice to have another Gunship even if it's not quite as good as the AF ship. ("side" doors don't open on the metal one.)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 10:09 PM »
20 bucks and no moving parts? Man, **** that.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Well the ball turrets move just like the AF ships and the cockpit opens.  Just the side doors being metal now and all.  I guess that's why they don't move.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Well, I missed the boat in regards to the minis so I might bite on these.  Wish they were $15 instead of $20....

Does anybody here collect these?  If so, do you like them?

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 08:43 PM »
I love the Gunship!  It's much more sturdy than the AF version.  I don't have the X-wing but I'm tempted to get it...  I've been taking long looks at them in the store.