Author Topic: Titanium Series Ultra (Action Fleet scale)  (Read 39851 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Titanium Series Ultra (Action Fleet scale)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 02:05 AM »
I saw an endcap of these tonight, and the Gunship was very tempting.

But $20 is just too much for what you get. I forsee this line going the way of 2002 Action Fleet.

If they were cheaper, they'd be better off.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 09:58 AM »
It make me sad but you are 100% correct.  This will no longer be a WM exclusive and there will be even more people who see the price tag and scoff.   At least Target will have a bunch on sale by late next year...and they have good sales too  :D 

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 12:21 PM »
The  Hasbro  site  has  just  updated  the  ultra  line  with  a  new  Mellenium  Falcon  with  opening  canopy,  retractable  landing  gear  and  opening  entry  hatch,  among  other  things,  and  a  new  AT-AT  with  articulated    knee  joints  access  panel  and  mini  snowspeeder!  These  are  definitely  not  (total)  action  fleet  rehashes.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 02:53 PM »
I've kind of stayed away from this line so far, just because at $20 a pop I just can't afford them.  Plus, I've been trying to scale back on things this year, at least as best I can.  That being said, I really like the Falcon and AT-AT with mini snowspeeder that are being shown now.  If I can talk the wife into letting those be displayed in the basement, I might try to pick those up.  I really like the addition of the snowspeeder with the AT-AT, almost making it a little "scene".  I can almost guarantee I'll get the Falcon, as long as I can find it.  I don't know about anyone else, but these are really being hidden at our local WM...being stuck way back in a back toy aisle alongside totally unrelated merchandise.  TRU always has a few in the SW section, and I don't I've seen the "Ultra" ones at our Targets yet.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 03:00 AM »
I picked up the Ultra AT-AT tonight at S.W-M Palmdale, the mini snowspeeder is jus great.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 07:02 AM »
Haven`t seen the new ones yet, going to have to get the AT-AT though.
Did the Battlestar ship with this assortment too? Needs me one of them
as well  :)
Adam

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 11:05 AM »
I  saw  no  Galactica,  but  I  did  see  extra  snowspeeders,  maybe  they  were  packed  together.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Cool, I`ll have to keep an eye out. I think they are shipping with the SW ships like the smaller scale ones did.
Adam

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 01:10 PM »
I  just  found  the  Ultra  Falcon,  Galactica,  and  X-1.  I  passed  on  the  Tie  fighter,  I  already  have  a  half  dozen  from  Action  Fleet  but  piced  up  the  other  two.  The  Falcons  detail  is  nice  but  the  Galactica  is  kinda  iffy,  and  purpleish.  I  was  expecting  something  more  metalic  looking.

Case  ratio  looks  like (I'm guessing);

1  Falcon
1  Galactica
2  Ties

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 2, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I was going to pick up the Galactica this moring, but had heard that you can't remove these from the plastic case. Is this true?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 04:59 AM »
I was going to pick up the Galactica this moring, but had heard that you can't remove these from the plastic case. Is this true?

Uh... I'd be very interested in knowing that as well, since I haven't even opened any of mine yet.  I'd be pretty surprised if they're not removable though.

Still haven't seen the dang Falcon or AT-AT, though I did finally nab the Vader's TIE last week at a Target.  Any word on what's on tap after that?

The Hasbro reps down at Comic Con last month said that this line was struggling (unlike the smaller 2-3" line), and that it's future was currently up in the air.  So this line may fizzle out before it hardly even got started, possibly.  If they only make it 6 ships into the OT and that's all, I may very well just return all of mine and ditch the line entirely since it'd be so incomplete looking.  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 11:11 PM »
LOL, I can answer that for you, but only because I saw an empty package tonight for the Ultra Titaniums.  Somebody just carved it right out and left the package behind :o  I've no idea whether you're supposed to remove it or not though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 10:23 AM »
I wound up picking up the Galactica and found that the cover does easily pop off and the base screws off. Looks like it's supposed to do that, although, the base is hideous and I haven't been able to find an alternate way to mount it. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 1, 2006, 12:46 PM »
According to this week's Q and A at RS, it sounds like the Ultra line is being discontinued as of Fall 2006.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 5, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Maybe due to the cancellation, but I noticed our local Target had all of the Titanium Ultra ships on clearance.  I happened to see the Falcon for the first time, and my wife said to pick it up since it was clearanced for $9-something.  I don't have a desire to get any more, especially with the line ending, but I kind of like having a Falcon in a little display case like that.