Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74956 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2006, 12:31 PM »
That's cool - I'm just the opposite - I love the clean AOTC clones, don't mind the #41 clone and despise the second version of the sandtrooper from the Evo set.

Hey, that's the same one I still love to see clean white: the original CW SA clone. Although after getting used to the weathering they've been doing, I don't much care for my clean EE AOTC officers much anymore. Wish I'd gotten the blasted ones. You know, that sandtrooper looks more like a mudtrooper. I have a couple on my desk which happen to be near Dagobah Luke and Yoda, and they look like they've been trooping through the mud trying to find Luke! I don't hate that version, but the orange Evo is definitely a better sandtrooper. I'll just use them for mud evironments instead of tattooine. ;D

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Time for a nice group vomiting session:

Scorch and Utapau clone found!!
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2006, 10:01 AM »
You know, a local scalper was telling a collector about a profitability window on new figures. I wonder what that window is? I felt bad for the collector because the scalper was telling him point blank that he'll let him buy the Clone and Scorch from that store after the window is closed. >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2006, 12:31 PM »
For all you variant hunters, the C3PO not only includes the head variant, it also has a holo variant:

Good holos with C-3PO head or Bad holos with Battel Droid Head  ::)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/geowave_holos.jpg

Edit: sorry for the origin of the reference pic  :-\
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 12:32 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2006, 01:08 PM »
LOL..I agree with the  ::)
Holos are packed randomly, heh

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2006, 01:41 PM »
You know, a local scalper was telling a collector about a profitability window on new figures. I wonder what that window is? I felt bad for the collector because the scalper was telling him point blank that he'll let him buy the Clone and Scorch from that store after the window is closed. >:(

If it's anything like McFarlane sportspicks, the window tops out at about three weeks, then subsides.  Basically you've got a window where product is very hard to find and a set of impatient buyers on ebay (they may be geographically restricted, physically handicapped or just plain stupid, among other motivating factors).  I don't get the ebay buyer mindset at all - sometimes I get burned on stuff by waiting too long and price goes up, but that's maybe 10% of the cases. 

After that window closes the market is generally flooded with the figures at retail and it's not worth the scalpers time to get them from the store, the profit margin is too low.  Pretty simple ebay economics really. 

For us patience is all we really need, supply will come, 99 times out of 100.  On occasion it won't, but that's why you're here in the first place, to talk about the stuff and make contacts. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Just missed Scortch and the Clones today at a Target but did walk away with Sora Bulq and two Sun Fac figures.  Pretty cool to say the least.  I just don't see why they had to put so many repacks in this wave.  Instead it would have been nice for there to be a few more Clones available.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2006, 03:10 PM »
but that's why you're here in the first place, to talk about the stuff and make contacts.

With that being said, I am looking for Utapau clones and Scorch!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:10 PM by ruiner »

SilverZ

« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2006, 05:22 PM »
I saw figures were in backstock at my closest Target on Sunday after not finding any hint of Geonosis figs on the pegs, and they brought out only three figures -- Scorch, Sora, and Jango. So, the figures had been picked over beforehand. But who leaves Scorch?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Retards  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Isn't that funny Jared? I asked a target once for titaniums and they went in the back and came back with a TH gunship and an ATAT :o. I didn't ask him for "those"
but I'll take 'em,weird.

I wonder if when they're stocking if it overflows the pegs they just put what's left in the backstock?

Jason? Is that what you guys do? Can you shed any light on it? Or is it just an anomaly with the particular store?

Offline Annatar

• Youngling
  • Lord Sauron the Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2006, 07:26 PM »
I may just have to screw waiting for these and buy at Traget, I shouldint buy from Wally, I know but oh well.... :-\
Rebelscum: The Wal-Mart of Star Wars forums.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2006, 07:29 PM »
I saw figures were in backstock at my closest Target on Sunday after not finding any hint of Geonosis figs on the pegs, and they brought out only three figures -- Scorch, Sora, and Jango. So, the figures had been picked over beforehand. But who leaves Scorch?

Odd how they are all figures that come 1 per case in that asst too, hmmm. I'd say a stash job but why would they scan them into the shelf !?!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2006, 07:44 PM »
You can get a good look at this new wave here
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=toyarena

Hasbro FINALLY ::) updated their SW website

Offline JediFirefly

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 16, 2006, 12:18 AM »
Well these finally showed up at a local Target here in Virginia. But of course the clone trooper, scorch, and Sora were missing. The 3 figures I really want and Scorch which my little brother really wants were gone. What really sucks though was I was just there yesterday and they had nothing and today I just stopped by because I went to a store near by. Good luck to others trying to get these ones.