Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74369 times)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #60 on: November 8, 2005, 10:49 AM »
maybe they'll add some accessories for yoda, otherwise i'll only get the commando and sora bulq

maybe i'll try and get some cheap separatists leaders, who knows ?
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #61 on: November 8, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Does that Commando have Bacara legs? If they cheaped out on the articulation on that guy, it'll be a huge ******* shame.

It almost seems like Hasbro is taking a step backward as far as articulation on these new figures. I really hope that's not going to be the case.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: November 8, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Hasbro just doesn't get it.

They can eat their re-packs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 8, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Ok, what is this wave, 7 figures?  That kind of concerns me.  I guess the ratio might be something like this?

Sora Bulq - x 3

Commando - x 3

Sun Fac - x 2

C3PO - x 1

Poggle - x 1

Yoda - x 1

Jango Fett - x 1

At least, that's how I'd do it.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #64 on: November 8, 2005, 11:38 AM »
--Sora Bulq is OK. -- definitely want.

--I agree, the Republic Commando looks a little "off" somehow, but he's still cool.  And hopefully he'll look better when we see him "for real". However, I wish they'd instead released a plain silver commando so we can build squads--which you can't really do with a distinctively painted individual trooper.

--Sun Fac -- definitely want.

--Poggle -- don't have the first one, so definitely want.

--C-3PO -- undecided

--Jango -- pass

--Yoda -- I think he's alright. I'm tempted to grab him just to have a version without the tan overcloak -- like after the Senate duel in ROTS.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 11:39 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: November 8, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Ok, what is this wave, 7 figures?  That kind of concerns me.  I guess the ratio might be something like this?

Sora Bulq - x 3
Commando - x 3
Sun Fac - x 2
C3PO - x 1
Poggle - x 1
Yoda - x 1
Jango Fett - x 1

At least, that's how I'd do it.

Sure that looks good, but let me translate into "Hasbro" for you:

1x Sora Bulq
1x Republic Commando
1x Sun Fac
1x Poggle
2x C3PO
3x Yoda
3x Jango Fett

Ah,... that's more like Hasbro's idea of a good case assortment.  :-X

Or maybe we will luck out and they will add a Hoth Vader or Carkoon Fett in the place of that extra 3PO and Jango?   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 8, 2005, 12:10 PM »
You're right about the "what Hasbro will probably do" case assortment. 

Oh, the only reason I was hoping for an EE Exclusive is so I could actually get one.  I know what you mean about hating exclusives -- hate the Target clone exlusives w/ a passion -- but the longer I collect the more cynical I get about being able to find some figures e.g., the Clone Wars Clone Trooper and the Darktrooper/Spacetrooper.  Those were freaking hard and I never saw them.  Only reason I have Clone Wars troopers is because of the EE packs.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 8, 2005, 12:15 PM »
So wait a second, were there republic Commandos in the actual movie?  Or are they just using this as an excuse to get the figure out there?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: November 8, 2005, 12:37 PM »
So wait a second, were there republic Commandos in the actual movie? Or are they just using this as an excuse to get the figure out there?

I'd say it's the second part...

I do not believe that there were Republic Commandos "on-screen" in AotC, but in the Republic Commando video game, there is quite a bit of pounding on Geonosians.  I'm guessing there is enough of a tie that way so they could slip this EU figure into the regular assortments.

I have to admit that I'd love for there to be a running change on "Scorch" so we can get the rest of the squad too - bring on Sev, Fixer, and Boss!  ;)

SilverZ

« Reply #69 on: November 8, 2005, 12:37 PM »
Wow, what a disappoinment after the first two wave images, where I even thought the choice of repacks was acceptable.

I really like Sun Fac, and think Sora Bulq is ok. I'm not a big fan of EU characters, so the Rep Commando has never been on my list of wanted figures, but at least they found a way to work him into the line for fans.

But my god, those repacks. WTF? If C3PO gets a better paintjob (the final repack figures seem to have also varied from these early shots) he might be ok. The others can't be helped. Poggle was fine before, so whatever, but that Yoda and that Jango are horrible.

I can see this wave being the bottleneck for the rest of the year, where Jango sits like he did in 2002, along with the Geonosians that everyone will tire of quickly, and no one will find the Republic Commando. Then, since there is no apparent flexibility for repack waves (since each case is themed) the Commando will be scarce for the rest of the year. This wave qualifies as a weapon of mass pegwarming. Lame.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 8, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Jared your last paragraph about this wave being a bottleneck for the rest of the year is scary because it' probably going to happen.  Jango is a cool character but that figure stinks.  The Republic Commando is the only cool one and everyone knows it... The 3PO is an abomination!  I'm already running from this stinker (except for the Commando)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: November 8, 2005, 12:57 PM »
The 3PO is an abomination!  I'm already running from this stinker (except for the Commando)

I agree that if they try to sell that figure with only the Battle Droid head, it is doomed as a stinker.   :(

If they include extra stuff (the 3PO head at a minimum), it might do OK with kids I guess since R2 wil be available in the wave before (and probably still on the pegs) and the RotS 3PO seems to have sold well. 

In fact, I'd even buy an opener if they go so far to include the extra battle droid parts.  I always meant to (but never got around to) buy an extra of the Saga Deluxe version so that I could to display in both the "swapped" and "correct" modes for 3PO and the Droid. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 8, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I can see this wave being the bottleneck for the rest of the year, where Jango sits like he did in 2002, along with the Geonosians that everyone will tire of quickly, and no one will find the Republic Commando. Then, since there is no apparent flexibility for repack waves (since each case is themed) the Commando will be scarce for the rest of the year. This wave qualifies as a weapon of mass pegwarming. Lame.

Excellent point Jared, and this kind of worries me too.  This wave really doesn't interest me overall too much, and even though the "new" figures are pretty nice, the repacks are pretty craptastic.  The Poggle interests me, but just because I never bought the screen scene he was in before.  Plus, I'm not sure how "exciting" some of the others in this wave, aside from the Jedi (Sora Bulq) and the Clone (Commando).  Its too bad they couldn't have repainted/retooled the VOTC Boba Fett to make a real nice Jango, that would be a figure that would sell.  The character isn't necessarily bad, but the figure choice is poor.  I'm guessing since Hasbro has shown these "officially" they are the third wave of the year, coming prior to the Coruscant wave.  Hopefully pegwarming Jangos, Geonosians, 3POs, and possibly Yodas won't keep people from getting the much anticipated Commander Cody figure in the next wave.  Agreed on what everyone has said about the 3PO repack too, if they don't at least include C-3POs head (or all the other attachments as well), that's a dumb move.  That would at least make it a little more appealing to some people/kids I'm sure.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 8, 2005, 02:22 PM »
I have about 8 of those SAGA deluxe 3PO/Battle Droids, and I believe I turned 7 of them into the regular Battle Droids for dioramas.  It's a decent figure actually.  If they make it with both droids, count me in for several.

:P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #74 on: November 8, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Am I the only one that finds the Commando to be really non Star Warsy?  His big, techy gun is so out of place with the type of guns in the rest of the Saga.

In all honesty, if I never see that figure on the shelves, I won't sweat it.  The new Geonosian is very cool, as is Jedi Weequay.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com