Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74524 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I thought this wave looked sort of weak overall too, especially when you consider what it could have been...particularly with all new figures throughout.  Anyways, with what we are rumored to be getting, I think I'll pick up Sora Bulq, possibly the Clone Commando (even though I haven't ever played the game), and Poggle just because I never picked up the screen scene.  The others I'll likely leave behind.  If there's a Clonetrooper in this wave, that might also be tempting, depending on what it is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: November 8, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Wow!

Hasbro has the Geo wave up now!

Check it Out!

It looks something like this:

Sora Bulq = *new*
Sun Fac = *new*
Scorch (Republic Commando) = *new*
C-3PO = Saga Deluxe Repack (no extra 3-PO head included?  ???)
Poggle the lesser = Saga Screen Scene repack
Jango Fett = Saga Kanimo Escape repack
Yoda = RotS repack (minus cloak)

Glad to see the rumor list we saw earlier panned out for the most part, but we seem to be missing a Clone Trooper. :(
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 09:26 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 8, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Thanks Jeff....Wow, that Scorch figure is much cooler than I expected.  I'm not really familiar with the game, but I'd definitely like to pick this figure up.  The rest of the wave is kind of ho-hum for me, but I'll pick up Sora Bulq, probably Poggle (since I skipped the Screen Scene), and definitely this Republic Commando figure.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 8, 2005, 09:24 AM »
I'll pass on this wave.  A SA Jango or Mace would have been nice.   

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 8, 2005, 09:40 AM »
I think the figure I'm most looking forward to is Sora Bulq. The commando looks like he could be cool, but he also looks a little too right out of the video game. I'm going to have to wait to see some side by sides with a normal clone.

Dissapointed in the lack of Clone Trooper as well, but Sun Fac looks surpisingly nice.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 8, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Jeez, the only figure I want is the Republic Commando.  I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.

This wave will warm the pegs (minus the Commando obviously).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 8, 2005, 09:45 AM »
Jeez, the only figure I want is the Republic Commando.  I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.

Nope.  I want the Commando, Sun Fac and Sora Bulq.  The rehashes can burn in hell.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 8, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I'm definitly getting the Commando. All others are passes.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 10:06 AM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: November 8, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I like the first 3 for sure… I'll reserve judgement on the others 'til I see what pack-in goodies they come with.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 10:40 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 8, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Wow, what a surprise this morning!

Sora Bulq - In my opinion the gem here is Sora Bulq.  What a great sculpt... his face looks so evil, no wonder he turns to the Dark Side and joins Dooku.  Simply amazing!  I definitely want several of this figure.  A+ job Hasbro!

Commando - Looks pretty good!  Never was a huge fan of the design, but it will make for a fun figure.  I just wonder if it will become the McQuarrie Stormtrooper of the SAGA wave, being impossible to find?  I'd like about 4 of them for a squad.

Sun Fac - He looks perfect, and better than the SAGA Geonosians.  Count me in for a few of him.

C3PO - Hmmm... if it has the rest of the Battle Droid body, I'll buy a few.  If not, I'll pass.

Poggle - Already have two of him, don't need more.  A good figure though.

Yoda - You kidding me?  And where's his robe?  Maybe they're making a nice soft goods one for him... that's the only thing that might sell me on this figure.

Jango Fett - I wouldn't pay a nickel for this.

:P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 8, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Wow, I'm impressed with the republic commando, it's just that it's a shame kind of. It doesn't look up to snuff with the rest of the figures and kinda makes it look cartoonish in comparison. Maybe if I switched up the legs with an SA clone and somehow got a Republic commando head from Ricky UK, then it'd be a GREAT figure because the only beef I have is with the leg sculpt and the eadsculpt to a lesser extent. Then again, it is a previewpicture and once they comeout, it may surprise me.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Hmmm. Personally I find this whole wave incredibly dull. Bulq is cool, and the command is a might depending on articulation but the rest are an easy pass. I am a bit concerned abot Bulqs lower torso though. It looks suspiciously like the saga Plo Koons legs repainted. If thats the case I'll likely pass on him too.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 8, 2005, 10:36 AM »
That Yoda fig has to be the biggest slap in the face.  Even with accessories it wasnt worth $5.  It just looks horrible and out of place. 

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 8, 2005, 10:38 AM »
If the Commando figure isn't heavily packed it's going to be rather hard to find.  As for the rest it's a train wreck!  Major train wreck!  I really wanted a new Jango too  >:(   From the pic the Commando doesn't even have much in the way of articulation but I really hope it's there and it just doesn't show up in the photo...  Either way customizers are going to go crazy with this one!

My only hope is now that Hasbro has the sculpt for the Commando it can do something like an Entertainment Earth exclusive with all of the Commandos from the game.  They would be repaints of the same fig w/ different weapons.  They could put it in a box like their Clonetrooper exclusive.  I'd buy 2 ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 8, 2005, 10:43 AM »

My only hope is now that Hasbro has the sculpt for the Commando it can do something like an Entertainment Earth exclusive with all of the Commandos from the game.

Ack!  Bite your tongue.  Too many exclusives at exorbitant prices already.   :-\

I think the Commando looks great, but I agree that I hope he's more articulated than he appears.

And I can't believe they'd repack either of the ROTS Yodas.  They're both garbage.