Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74396 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2005, 03:31 PM »
sora except for the knees looks to be balljointastic, couple of customs will come from him, just on the head alone.  the commando looks to have about as many joints as the ARC Trooper, his legs even look to be in the same stance as him.  the rest kind of suck and i think i'll be fairly unintrested in this one.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #76 on: November 8, 2005, 04:52 PM »
So wait a second, were there republic Commandos in the actual movie? Or are they just using this as an excuse to get the figure out there?

I'd say it's the second part...

I do not believe that there were Republic Commandos "on-screen" in AotC, but in the Republic Commando video game, there is quite a bit of pounding on Geonosians.  I'm guessing there is enough of a tie that way so they could slip this EU figure into the regular assortments.

Plus in the first RC novel, Hard Contact, there are commandos fighting in the Geonosis battle--offscreen--mainly in underground catacombs I believe.

And remember the Clone Commander's line to Mace about the "special commando units" awaiting orders? This has been retroactively interpreted as a reference to our buddies the RCs.

I love how Hasbro is "sneaking" some EU stuff into the regular line. Ruffles fewer feathers that way.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 05:00 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 8, 2005, 05:42 PM »
I'll be getting the Commando, Sora, and the two Geonosians. They look great! I hope that Commando has the 14 POA... :-\

And where's the Clone? It had better be the SA/CW/EE Clone... >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 8, 2005, 06:16 PM »

I doubt Hasbro would have completely forgotten a figure in their official update, so I'm guessing that figure either won't be made or will be found in another wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: November 8, 2005, 06:20 PM »
Commando's were, supposedly, on Geonosis clearing out the catacombs.  I forget about the game since it's been a while but I believe that's the first level(s).  Also the trailer to the game was RC's dishing out pain to Geonosians in the catacombs.

I like RC's as characters in Star Wars...  The gun's big but the reasoning behind it is that RC's are dropped into zones for prolonged time, and the gun's a modular designed weapon that you can swap into a sniper rifle, a heavy weapon, a basic rifle...  It's really rather neat, but it screams "expensive" in the Star Wars galaxy, and something only elite troopers would have.  RC's are right behind the ARC's in clone "quality" so I can buy it.  The armor and bulkiness is along the same reasoning then, as it's reinforced and I believe even lightly shielded due to these troops not working in conjunction with larger units.  It's subsequently a ****load more expensive too and stuff.  I believe it has advanced communications in it, etc., etc...  All the excuses you'd need to say "Well ok it's got a reason behind it" basically.

My problem is more with the fact that I'm not seeing much evidence of articulation on the Commando unfortunately. :(  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he only had 6 or 8 points total actually, just by my sizing him up in paintshop.  I'm really hoping I'm wrong because I'd like to buy a handful for building some teams, but I'm starting to really just think Hasbro's retarding the line tremendously now that the film rush is over.

Apparantly "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" isn't an old saying they're familiar with.

Sun Fac...  I'm amazed they got him to stand long enough to take the picture. :)  I wonder if he's an improvement over old Geo's or if he's gonna fall over immediately too?

Jango sucks...  Any repack of a figure that was even sitting on clearance is a dumb idea irregardless.

Yoda's a weird choice and if that's all there is to him, it's pretty insulting.  When you think about that Yoda's first release and all the **** he had, and then you get a 2nd one of him and that's all he is...  That's just pathetic.

Poggle is an easy pass.

Sora Bulq is cool...  Looks like partially re-used Kit-Fisto?  Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not I'm totally ok with that.  Looks neat to me and I'm always happy to add any and all Jedi to my army.  Some humans would be appreciated.

The Commando's my big concern as to his quality...  If he's a non-poseable trooper, he'll blow and I'll definitely be cutting back on my army building plans with him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 8, 2005, 06:33 PM »
I'm definitely not sold on this entire wave. I'll probably be picking up a couple of the figures, most notably the Commando, but that's it. Man! The more I see what is coming, the easier it's making it to be selective with my buying. :-\

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 8, 2005, 07:03 PM »
Probably gonna pick up Sora(Yay, Jedi!), the commando, possibly 4 (SWEET!!!!!), Sun Fac, 3PO, and if it looks different in terms of paint, Poggle.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 8, 2005, 07:14 PM »

I doubt Hasbro would have completely forgotten a figure in their official update, so I'm guessing that figure either won't be made or will be found in another wave.

You know, on further inspection, I guess that turned out to be speculation. I could have sworn that a Clone was confirmed for this wave though...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 8, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Looks like I'll just be picking up the Republic Commando, Sora Bulq and maybe Sun Faq since he's "new".

I just don't understand why we couldn't of had 2 other Jedi instead of Poggle and 3PO.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 08:12 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 8, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Well I was kind of ho-hum about Sun Fac when I read the lists awhile back.  But he has actually become the number one want for me in this wave. 

I don't have any of the videogames so I could care less about the Commando.  Good to get a unique clone out there I guess. 

The Weequay Jedi is ok.  I will most likely get him but am kind of let down by the lack of leg articulation there.  It actually looks more like a Saga 1 figure which were not the best IMO.

Poggle is a cool figure but have him already from the scene screen. 

The others Jango, C-3PO, Yoda are kind of lame.  I guess they do need to put a Yoda out there though.  C-3PO is actually ok.  I have it from the deluxe figs from Saga 1.  I just can't see it selling well.  Jango may do ok since he's Jango but why they just don't repaint a VOTC Boba Fett and slap it a card is beyong me. 

SilverZ

« Reply #85 on: November 8, 2005, 08:22 PM »

Oh come on, you really expected to have a clone for the Battle of Geonosis wave? You're off you're rocker. Next you'll be criticizing Hasbro for omitting a Battle Droid.  This wave is perfect! I'm going to build an army of C3PO with Battle Droid heads. ;)

Seriously, they could have made this an all-army builder wave, consisting of BDs, Super-BDs, and assorted Clone variants, then thrown in the new figures and had a home run, all while still doing little retooling.

I think the crack smoking monkey got promoted.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 08:24 PM by Jared »

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 8, 2005, 08:52 PM »
not at all happy/intrested with this wave besides the Commando...
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #87 on: November 8, 2005, 08:57 PM »
This has to be the weakest wave in a LONG time.  I agree with the earlier discussion that this could end up bottlenecking subsequent releases, since I don't see any of these figures, with the possible exception of the RC, selling well.

Sora Bulq: I always love new Jedi.

Sun Fac: I don't get it.  If Poggle wasn't in this wave, maybe, but even then, him over SA Mace, Jango, Arena Padme, etc.?

RC: Not high on my list, but he's cool enough.

3-PO: I suppose if they included a 3-PO head, but... pass.

Jango: Whatever.

Yoda: No cloth cloak?  You serious?

Poggle: Makes sense as a repack, but sort of makes you wonder what the rationale was behind making him 'exclusive' to a screen scene in the first place.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 8, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Ew.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #89 on: November 8, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Well, I'll buy about three figures from this wave. The RC is one of them, but I predict another CW Clone fiasco with him. ::)

Why, oh why did THAT Jango need to see the light of day again?

And is Sun Fac that Geonosian Warrior? I like that one, but I'm not sure a figure is worth owning if I don't know the character's name.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk