Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74529 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #135 on: December 8, 2005, 11:57 PM »
I am gonna love gettin the Jangos!
I like the clones and I cant wait for scortch.
I cant really complain because I am probably not going to get any clones this time around.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 9, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Once again Hasbro screws it up with case ratio's! Here's hoping they revisit that decision. 
I'm not going to comment on what Clone Body is being used for the Utapaun Clone. I learned from the Tactical Ops Clone not to count my clones until they are hatched.

I donno if the case ratio is that bad. I think it's designed to sell the whole case which means, there might not be a lot of clones in the case, but stores should get lots of cases to make lots of clones.

Also, I think the fiasco surrounding Tactical Ops clone was an anomaly. Once we get the pictures were getting now, I think it all but locks it up.

But, I have been wrong before. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: December 9, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Another thing to consider is that this is just the initial case assortment.  Hasbro seems to be following the "revised cases" path they used this year...

For example, the Carkoon case now has 2 differnt cases available.  First was the Wave 1 case, which has an uneven mix, and now there is also a Wave 1 Rev. 1 case that has an even 2x each figure case pack.

I'd guess the current case pack is just the first one and at least one other case mix is planned, we just have to wait and see...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2005, 01:47 AM »
I just think it would be plain asinine to not pack both clones heavy in this.  Grrrrr...

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2005, 04:52 AM »
Yup, that's Hasbro's plan of action. :)  It's that same strategy they've been running with since...  oh...  the beginning.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Does anyone else find something odd about Scorch? It could be just a bad angle, but that DC-17 seems way too big, and his helmet seems way too flat. I just bought and beat Republic Commando and the figure doesn't seem so familiar to me. RickyUK's version seemed far better IMO.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2005, 07:06 PM »
Yep, it's odd looking.  I just thought it was odd looking because it's from a videogame though. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Yeah.  I agree that it's odd becuase it's from a game.  The gun looks out of place becuase no where in any of the films does any character carry any weapon that is that "techy" looking.   Same thing with his backpack and what looks like an antenna. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2005, 10:57 PM »
I have given it time and I have not changed my mind. Scorch is not for me! That will be a very easy pass still! I think he looks bulky, ugly and non-Star Wars. Unlike ROTS, Hasbro has to earn my business this year and this figure just does not make the cut in my book.  More money for other clones that hopefully are worthy! I still am going to buy up more SA 41's for customs. Now if I only had the time to custom!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2005, 01:46 AM »
I think he looks alright except for the paint. It just looks too garish and "cartoonish". Hopefully the final version will be more subdued and accurate.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2005, 03:18 AM »
I think he looks like the character from the game, which is good, but something to consider is that Republic Commando DEFINITELY didn't go for realism throughout.  NOt to say that I don't like the Clone designs, they're supposed to be unique and bulky actually, and their gun in the game is a modular design that has pieces that snap off and snap on to make it a sniper rifle, grenade launcher, etc...  It's definitely not an Stormie rifle. :)

That said, the game's designers had a cartoony look to a LOT of the game.  Geonosians didn't look like in the movie.  Trandoshans were comically big or short/squat.  Wookiee's were freaking massive at all times, no variation in size.  And of course, Super Battle Droids were practically indestructable while in the film they dropped like flies, and BD's/SBD's seemed to have a cartoonish look to them rather than a film accurate look.

Basically the game didn't do shooters much justice I felt.  It was an ok game, but they threw realism out the window whereas games like Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, X-Wing/TIE Fighter, and the like all strived for utmost realism based on what they were able to acheive with gaming engines.

Given what realistic games I've played on X-Box, Rep. Commando was going for a bit of a "kiddie" vibe, trying to make colorful characters, oversized enemies and the like while keeping gameplay kind of cool.  In the end, I don't like the look from the game TOO much.

I do like the figure from what I see, but if he's lacking articulation (and for some reason I have a strong feeling he is), that'll be what nixes me wanting many of him.  Hasbro could really wow people with the Commandoes if they wanted to though.  If the gun actually snapped apart, that'd be rocking...  Without some super articulation though, they're gonna blow I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2005, 03:36 AM »
Well give me all the Scorches you guys don't want. :P

He isn't perfect but he has custom fodder potential. The head and parts of the armor could be used to make a better more articulated versions, and hell dirty his paint jjob up a bit and you have a more realistic looking figure. Granted those are the kinds of this Hasbro should be doing for us... but I rather enjoy customizing so this should give me something to do. :)

I for one really like the DC-17, I think it is a great change of pace from the standard issue clone guns we have.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2005, 03:39 AM »
I liked the Commando guns too Ryan, that's why I was sorta defending them.

SW is filled with small guns, but I'm sure it's equally filled with big bulky BFG's too.  The Sandtroopers had that giant ass cannon to mow people down with, so Commandoes must be packin' a devastatingly efficient gun too I figure.  The modular design was a nice in-game way of giving you an answer as to how a trooper "carries all those guns".  Something gaming has struggled with explaining in a realistic fashion, and yet you still have all those kick ass weapons to use in the game.  Cool beans!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned... but does anyone think we might see color variants on the Commando?

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2005, 11:46 AM »
I'd bet on it
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird