Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74963 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #165 on: January 9, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Nice to see more carded pictures, but can't say I'm rally excited about these either. The Clone and Jedi look great, the others, I donno. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #166 on: January 9, 2006, 01:51 PM »
It's tough to tell from the 3P0 if the paint job is an improvement over the deluxe version. Hopefully it will be. I'd really like a good AOTC 3P0.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 9, 2006, 03:04 PM »
It looks the same to me. But I'm passing on it anyway, so meh.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #168 on: January 9, 2006, 03:23 PM »
The presentation on all these cards is really nice, but these repacks are still stinkers. 

SilverZ

« Reply #169 on: January 9, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Agreed.  That is one of the worst Yoda figures ever released.  ::)

Yeah, the prequel Yodas have all been **** so far. Too bad that new card looks so tasty. The repacks are terrible in this wave but those cardbacks have the OTC curse of making even unwanted figures appealing to keep carded.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2006, 11:42 AM »
E-tailers seem to be getting these in stock from overseas. I guess this means we'll be seeing this wave in a couple of weeks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Silliness from elsewhere:
It would've been nice if Sora could fit in with the other Jedi articulation wise but it's no huge loss is it? Sure it sucks but all he does is stand around.

I read this and just had to scratch my head...  It's not a huge loss huh?  Interesting way of looking at a Jedi that now severely lacks in the poseability department, especially when we reflect on the absolutely incredible line-up of Jedi we got in 2005...  I for one am disappointed.  And with Sora Bulq apparantly having ball/socket ankles, I'm that much more disappointed to know he has no knee articulation...

But, the kicker in the quote is that apparantly I missed the part of AOTC where the Jedi just stood there and took it up the ass from the Battledroids in the arena...  How can anyone say that the Jedi "just stood there" in the movie, so the knee joints just aren't important now?  If you don't care, you don't care, but when you rationalize it by making a statement so blatantly ass backwards, I just have to scratch my head how anyone would take this person seriously when they type anything out on a forum...  Yet this guy's "god" and we gotta deal with it I hear.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Loose pics of Scorch here,

{Just edited to save pissing with looking through elsewhere...  easier to just look here, thanks Rune for the head's up)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:41 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2006, 10:47 PM »
So Scorch has what appears to be the new standard for articulation, a great upper body, but non articulated legs. Disappointing, especially for a potential army builder. Ah well, I'll take what I can get.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Utapau Clone loose pics,

(Edited same as before is all, thanks Rune)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:43 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2006, 11:48 PM »
The Utapau grunt looks fantastic.  I'm completely happy except that once again he obviously doesn't come with the rifle and it's getting sorta comical that Hasbro won't give us the rifle...  It's the most seen weapon the Clones have but yet most of us have them in limited supply, haha.  :)

I've been scarfing up loose ones I see at Toy Shows just to try and outfit my troops...  The paintjob is one of Hasbro's more heavily weathered but it looks good I think. 

The Republic Commando's a huge disappointment in that this, an army builder extrordinaire, has such limited leg articulation.  The upper body's fantastic, the sculpt's good I think...  I like the gear.  Hasbro taking the dickishly cheap route by not articulating the legs any better than a 1983 Star Wars figure though, is just ****** on their part.

What the hell happened to toys with this company?  Every toy line in this scale has 10 times the articulation Hasbro does at this point...  2006 has seen a huge regression in quality simply because Hasbro's cut back on articulation I'm afraid.  Till it changes, a lot of figures get a disappointing rating from me...  Just put some F'n knee joints on the figure and let's get back to the quality we were seeing in 2005 for the most part.  Figures like Veers or Derlin have been disappionting, but a Clone Commando is a HUGE disappointment when the articulation's cut like this at the legs. 

They're so close to perfect in my eyes, and yet they're so far simply because of this.  This blows, but was expected so it's not a huge shock at this piont, it's just  dejecting about the line overall at this point.  I want action figures, not statues... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 1, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Thanks for posting the those pictures Rune. Nice to know that Scorch at least has ball jointed elbows. :D

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 1, 2006, 11:15 AM »

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 1, 2006, 08:42 PM »
YES! SA on Utapuan trooper and Scorch!  8)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 1, 2006, 11:27 PM »
not on scorch(SA). has no knee articulation