Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74522 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Hell buy more and replace them. Inever had Geonosians, but now I am using Sun Facs as Poggles elite bodyguards.

I don't think I'll do that (not at $7 a figure anyway), but if they show up cheaper, I might defintely grab a few more.

As for Scorch and the Utapau Clone, don't worry about them just yet.  Like Slothus was saying earlier, there are more cases coming that have those guys in there.  Check this out:

The Utapau Clone and Scorch to a lesser extent will both ship at 1-2x per case in almost every case revision I've seen for Wave 3 and 4:

The Saga Collection Wave 3 - 1x Scorch, 1x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 3, Revision 1 - 1x Scorch
The Saga Collection Wave 3, Revision 2 - 1x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 3, Revision 3 - 2x Scorch, 2x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 4 - 2x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 4, Revision 1 - 2x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 4, Revision 2 - 1x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 4, Revision 3 - 2x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 4, Revision 4 - 1x Scorch, 2x Utapau Clone
The Saga Collection Wave 4, Revision 5 - 2x Utapau Clone

That's a LOT of case assortments with a lot of Utapau Clone and a decent amount of Scorch and we haven't even seen the revision case assortments for Wave 5 yet.  Plenty of time to hunt for them before you get too worried about not finding them!

If anything, I'd be worried about the Geonosians instead because they are only in the Wave 3, Revision 0 case and not in any case after that according to EE.  The rest of the wave (3PO, Yoda, Jango, Sora, Clone, Scorch) can be found in most of those Wave 3 case assortments, but not Poggle and Sun Fac.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2006, 12:04 PM »
Poggle and Sun Fac notwithstanding and Jeff's fine update of the clone/scorch reshipment notwithstanding, if anyone stumbles onto a boatload of these things, I could use about five of each.  Card condition doesn't matter ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Kind of a strange find today regarding this wave... last night I went by a Target in my area around 9pm, all they had was one Rieken... at 8am this morning, they had several Snowtroopers, several Veers, a few Derlins and one Yoda.  That makes no sense unless someone went there and returned some stuff.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I'm in Southern Cally Chewie

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2006, 08:05 PM »
slothus where s cali?  i still haven't seen anything in local walmarts in significant numbers worth mentioning.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2006, 08:45 PM »
I'm in Southern Cally Chewie

Thanks.  Usually here in St. Louis we're at least a week behind you guys on new figures, so starting next week I'll start hitting Walmarts again looking for these.  Thank you!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I picked up the Geonosian, Sun Fac, today. It is a very nice figure, and I wouldn't mind it if Hasbro reissued it with a new paint job, new head, and  a new torso area. I also saw Poggle(I'm gonna wait on him, even though he has a funny name) and Yoda, who I'm going to pass on.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2006, 10:46 PM »
Some loose pics for ya.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Very nice Jason, Im hoping to find a few of those tomorrow.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2006, 02:09 AM »
Kind of a strange find today regarding this wave... last night I went by a Target in my area around 9pm, all they had was one Rieken... at 8am this morning, they had several Snowtroopers, several Veers, a few Derlins and one Yoda.  That makes no sense unless someone went there and returned some stuff.

I've had something similar happen at my Target recently. Last week they had 6 Bibs and one each of Derlin, Snowtrooper, Veers and Rieekan. The Veers card was a little banged up, but the Derlin card was dented right at the corner with the holo-figure. It looked like someone had tried to take the holo by pushing it up to loosen it, but couldn't get it underneath the bubble.

Anyway, on Tuesday I went back and all they had were the Bibs. But I went again last night and the same Hoth figures were back, damaged cards and all. Tonight Veers and the Snowtrooper were gone, and Poggle and Yoda were there. It just seemed strange to me.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Is this wave really worth all the hype it seems to be getting because it is harder initially to find? The Clone is a SA 41 painted clone, and is cool. Yet, the Clone will hit 2 per case in the next wave. Scorch to me is like the ARC Troopers Red and Blue in the Clone Wars wave. Lacks articulation but because it is an EU clone, people want it and bad. As a figure it looks good, but is lacking in articulation and shows what Hasbro can put out for a quick buck IMO. Sun Fac is AWESOME. IMO he is the best figure in the wave. Nice paint job, good articulation. The Jedi is okay, fits in with the Clone Wars Jedi 3 pack in the sense of again, lack of articulation. I do think if your into Jedi, you need one, but one is enough. Poggle is solid if you did not have him in the 3 pack. Yoda is a waste since we just had this figure in ROTS less than 6 months ago. C3P0, again a waste. Updated paint job is nice, but not a necessary figure. Then Jango. Again, throw a updated paint job and your good to go I guess. 
So, out of this wave, this is how I would rate the figures (IF I had to buy on bare bones so to speak)

Utapau Clone (if your into Clones)
San Fac

Next a need/want figures
Sora Bulq
Scorch (I know I'll hear grief on this but I don't think he is a must have; I have 1 that is good enough);

Next
Poggle the Lesser (unless you don't have him, then I would move him up a notch)

Figures to Pass on (unless your completist)
Jango
C3PO
Yoda

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2006, 02:30 PM »
I'd say the hype is due to peoples' impatience at finding new waves, and probably the clones. The Utapau guys are repaints, sure, but all clones seem to have sold well. And I think a lot of people are into having an army to go with Cody...?

It's a good wave, though. I think you underrate the Jedi. He's defintely not a preposed fig like the 3-pack ones. He's completely posable save the knees, and that, surprisingly, isn't very limiting. It's NOTHING like the immobility of Bacara and the Neimoidian warrior. His leg sculpts are perfectly in between straight and overposed. Somehow they just work. I can't seem to stop singing his praises. ;D

Also, a lot of people seem to want all but 2: Yoda and Jango. I fall in this group. Poggle and Threepio are basically repacks, but not everyone bought Deluxe and/or Screen Scenes. Both figs are new to me.

(Sun Fac is awesome, but Sora Bulq is the winner in this wave! ;) )

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2006, 07:50 PM »
I am very impatient to start with, but when you go to at least 7 Walmarts, 6 Targets, 3 TRU, and 2 KB, all you can find is Hoth remains, piles of Carkoon, but only 1 Target has wave 3. It gets very scary. Hell' I finally found a Vader literally 23 min. after I got one from a friend, You get worried. And then to see the clone sell for between $15 and $30 each on ebay, that schools every midnight scalper to scoop them all up.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

SilverZ

« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2006, 09:08 PM »
My Target spewed out what looked like 3 cases of wave 3 at about 2 this afternoon. Someone had already raided all the Scorches, Utupau Clones, and Jangos, and left everything else. I was able to get a little more caught up, and all I need now is an opener Scorch and Clone (and maybe Jango for the base). I'm not at all worried about those.

Now having these guys here, I still think this series is the peg poison wave -- I keep staring at them, and the only ones worth really opening are Sun Fac and Sora. Bleh.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Now having these guys here, I still think this series is the peg poison wave -- I keep staring at them, and the only ones worth really opening are Sun Fac and Sora. Bleh.

That's exactly why I didn't order a case with this wave.  The later wave I did order had the two clones and one scorch on top of the later figures.  But I just couldn't see myself with a full box of these.  Yoda?  Jango?  Yeesh.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.