Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis Wave  (Read 74553 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Geonosis Wave
« Reply #405 on: March 6, 2006, 08:32 PM »
waiting for someone to build a Bug army  ;D

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 7, 2006, 09:23 AM »
I made a drive up the California's central valley last night made a ton of Walmart stops along the way, and was surprised by what was hanging on the pegs. Many of the Walmarts had lots of Poggles (one store had 8) and a few Sun Facs on the pegs, with little else.

Poggle's an obvious warmer, but I would have thought Sun Fac would be moving faster. I guess no one likes the bugs?

I like the bugs.  I happen to think that Sun Fac is generic enough to use as a geonosian army builder.  I've got 9 and counting...
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 7, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Of the two carded versions of C-3P0, which one is the variation and which one is the regular one?

It is an intentional variant and both versions are currently shipping 1-per-case. 

Most cases assortment listings say 2x C-3PO, but it's really 1x Good 3PO and 1x Bad 3PO (at least it has been in all the cases I've seen put on the pegs), so technically neither version is more rare or more correct.

Thank you sir.  Now I have to decide if I want to keep both or not... I like this packaging so much that I just might...

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 9, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Walmart has raised their prices on basic 3 3/4" Saga figures to $6.63, previously $5.88

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #409 on: March 18, 2006, 05:53 PM »
Possible Sun Fac variation?

I have 5.

One has heavy gold paint on the high areas on his head.
One has light gold paint on the high areas on his head.
Three have no gold paint on the high ares of his head.

Anyone hear about this?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2006, 06:40 PM »
Walmart has raised their prices on basic 3 3/4" Saga figures to $6.63, previously $5.88

That was already posted here http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=11339.0

and yeah, it sucks

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Possible Sun Fac variation?

I have 5.

One has heavy gold paint on the high areas on his head.
One has light gold paint on the high areas on his head.
Three have no gold paint on the high ares of his head.

Anyone hear about this?

Nope.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2006, 09:04 PM »
I opened a few Sun Facs today, and I am very impressed with this bug. AOTC era Geonosians couldn't stand up to get away from a Raid can. This guy is detailed, loaded with joints, and the wings and two weapons make him ultra-poseable. A great army builder if you like the prequels. Too bad they made that scar business on one side of his face, a little more generic and I might have bought a couple more.

All 4 of mine have the gold paint, but I wouldn't classify it as particularly heavy or light.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 09:05 PM by Bob Dylan SW fan »

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 19, 2006, 10:54 AM »
I opened a few Sun Facs today, and I am very impressed with this bug. AOTC era Geonosians couldn't stand up to get away from a Raid can. This guy is detailed, loaded with joints, and the wings and two weapons make him ultra-poseable. A great army builder if you like the prequels. Too bad they made that scar business on one side of his face, a little more generic and I might have bought a couple more.

2 light scrapes with a scalpel blade and that scar paint is GONE!  Don't let it stop you from army building this guy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: March 20, 2006, 09:27 PM »
I agree, Sun Fac's an amazing army builder figure.  I've got 4 so far, I want dozens more, literally.  Both a pike and blaster, articulation that is about as good as it gets for a character of this nature (knees could've been done, but considering his physiology the ankles are pretty useful too).  I love this figure.  The eye scar is annoying but I haven't even altered mine.  I'm happy as-is right now.

I'm going to maybe alter some as I get more though and paint on an eye...  Like Ithorian Clergy said, a little scraping and voila...  The eye is just extra if you feel like it, but I can't hardly even see the eye Hasbro painted without straining my own. :)

It's a great figure though.  I applaud it as probably the best in this wave.  Definitely far more than what Scorch is despite his popularity right now.  That figure's legs kill it but Sun Fac's pretty good overall. 

I wish there were extra back spines for the holes where his wings are.  You could then pop the wings off (why do I picture the psycho kid we all knew in childhood who tortured flies?), and plug in the spikes.  Instant non-flying Geo!  :)

Did I mention, I love this figure?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Alpha_17

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 20, 2006, 11:39 PM »
They only figure I can find from this wave is Poggle. Yesterday Morning I went to 3 different Wal-Mart's, at every single one he was the only figure hanging on the pegs.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2006, 08:19 AM »
Thanks for the scrape tip with Sun- I'll try it tonight!

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2006, 08:31 AM »

It's a great figure though.  I applaud it as probably the best in this wave.  Definitely far more than what Scorch is despite his popularity right now.  That figure's legs kill it but Sun Fac's pretty good overall. 

From my brain, to your keyboard Jesse.  Looking at things objectively here, if you didn't have legions of scalpers, dealers, eBay entrepeneurs, and frantic fans who can't find the Utapau clone and Scorch, Sun Fac is clearly the best figure in this wave.  I too pick 1 or 2 up every time I hunt figures, and I'll keep doing that until I don't see them anymore.  I have left my share of Scorches behind on the pegs (I can't say the same for the Utapau clone though).  Scorch and Sora Bulq both had potential to be the best figure in this wave, but the articulation just kills that dead in the water.  And I love that Sun Fac isn't the "popular" one in this wave, because he is always left behind for me if I get to the store after the case is picked over.

And don't get me started on Foul Moudama.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:33 AM by Ithorian Clergy »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 21, 2006, 09:36 AM »

From my brain, to your keyboard Jesse.  Looking at things objectively here, if you didn't have legions of scalpers, dealers, eBay entrepeneurs, and frantic fans who can't find the Utapau clone and Scorch, Sun Fac is clearly the best figure in this wave. 

I'd agree as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #419 on: March 22, 2006, 01:43 AM »
I'd like my second Scorch to actually try to improve it, but damned if I can find any Clone...  Stuff's dry here, so I'm just SOL it seems.  I saw a 2nd Sora Bulq tonight, and more AT-AT Drivers which are great figures...

At $6.99 my army building went to the wayside, and my desire to have a 2nd Sora Bulq to customize/have on hand, well that went by the wayside too.  It sucks...

Given Geonosis Wave is still a rare sight here, I would've bought SUn Fac's even at the $7 pricepoint, but extras of anything else (well, maybe Clones would've gotten a buy) have to be put on hold.  I hate retail right now though, I know that.  I can't find anything I want, and even if I did the prices on **** are outrageous these days.

WM's near me don't even have pegs for basic figures anymore and Targets are hit and miss as to what prices are. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77