Author Topic: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper  (Read 62217 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper
« Reply #75 on: November 2, 2005, 09:18 AM »
At the one Brick store I was in today, I used the price scanner trick and they did come up as having some on hand.

I was able to score eight of them - the guy who brought them out for me said that's all that he had - I wasn't about to argue.

This is a really nice piece. I'm glad I was able to luck out like this.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 2, 2005, 09:36 AM »
That's the first report I've heard of Target getting them in Pete, thanks for the heads up!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 2, 2005, 09:37 AM »
No problem - it doesn't happen often for me, but I think I'm one of the first people out there today find both the Utapau Shadow Trooper and Gray Clone Evo set at retail....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #78 on: November 3, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Found mine too in MN…

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 3, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Nice finds. Wish Utah would get some of that love (we will I know, just takes time which is weird for Utah)!

I do think that the distro channels have changed and the east and mid-west are getting stuff faster then we are here in Utah (for most of the year we got stuff with So. Cal, Nor Cal, LV and Arizona first). Kinda of nice to see it hit elsewhere first.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

SilverZ

« Reply #80 on: November 4, 2005, 02:17 AM »
So, I'm not usually too quick to shout scalper, but tonight I have to do just that. I stopped by my closest Target on the way home, ran the DPCI, came up dry, and went to the CS counter to check the area. The list printed some 8 stores in the area that had them in stock, in numbers of 8, 16, 24, or 36. I called around, and every store but one no longer had them in stock. Three of the stores I called actually remembered the item and said, in each case, that someone had bought them all earlier on.

So at least around here, for now, this figure is high-profile scalper bait. ********.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 4, 2005, 09:52 AM »
So, I'm not usually too quick to shout scalper, but tonight I have to do just that. I stopped by my closest Target on the way home, ran the DPCI, came up dry, and went to the CS counter to check the area. The list printed some 8 stores in the area that had them in stock, in numbers of 8, 16, 24, or 36. I called around, and every store but one no longer had them in stock. Three of the stores I called actually remembered the item and said, in each case, that someone had bought them all earlier on.

So at least around here, for now, this figure is high-profile scalper bait. ********.

Same stuff is going on down here, Jared. I typically don't have too much trouble with the Target exclusives but this one for some reason is going to prove to be a pain in my @ss! Even the Target employees are talking about this one for some reason. All the other exclusives I've asked about they have no idea what I'm talking about. This one though, they finish my sentence before I'm even done asking... ??? 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 4, 2005, 09:58 AM »
For all the good it will do, I'm going to call Target Customer service again. I made a standard contact that is familiar with the problems we're all concerned with. He said, call when you suspect a store are "not following protocall on exclusives."  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 4, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Thanks Anthony...name them all that way they'll know it's a MAJOR problem-not just one store.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #84 on: November 4, 2005, 10:40 AM »
I just got mine today and I must say, it looks even better in person then it does in a picture.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: November 4, 2005, 02:48 PM »
I picked up my Utapau Troopers today and sure they are overpriced and EU, but I still like them. 

I guess I just like the idea of dark-armored troopers running around on some night mission or space mission or something...  I like this deco much more than the SWShop monstrosity of purple and silver.

I guess now I can cross Target off my RotS Shopping List and just focus on Wal-Mart as I wait for those Infant packs and CW DVD 3-Packs.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 4, 2005, 03:16 PM »
I scored 2 of these today at the Target in Hilliard, OH for those in the area. I had to use the DCPI but it wasn't an issue to have them brought out. This figure is pretty slick. Just for toy value (not factoring it's star wars) this toy would draw attention IMHO.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 4, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Just so you guys know, if you do find them at a store and buy say 1 or 2, give your reports to friends or others here from your area quick.  The Clone has a transition date of 11/20, so it won't have a shelf space until then BUT when some sell, the computer will generate a pull for more.  It doesn't know there's no shelf space for it but if that trigger point is hit and there is more in the system, out they go.  It happened with the Clone 5pak and Lava figs when I bought them early at my training store.  I bought 2 Clone 5paks and the next day there were only 3 left in the stock room of the original 18.  Despite there being no shelf spot for it, the pull was generated and the clerk (who probably doesn't know crap about SW anyway) just put them on the spot where the other Battlepaks go since they look similar and since the Clone is in the same packaging as the Lava figs, well you know the rest. 
« Last Edit: November 4, 2005, 03:57 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 5, 2005, 07:50 AM »
I really am wavering on this figure. I agree with Jeff I like the idea of this clone running around. My son wants 1 to use as the assisan clone from the ROTS game where Obi Wan battles  them in the Jedi Temple in the room where he resets the homing beacon.
So those who have it, is it worth the $14 for the playability? Or would it simply be better to take a SA 41 and custom two of em for the assisan clone? Thoughts?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 5, 2005, 08:43 AM »
I just picked up 2 this morning and I really like having a black clone made of black plastic.  I customized a black clone HERE and it's cool but it's really nice to have the Target one.