Author Topic: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper  (Read 62219 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Okay so who is finding these?  And more importantly who can anyone hook me up with a couple;D  I put on over 120 miles the last 2 days to hit 4 Targets and came up with squat. 

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Good night for these. I friend told me about getting one from a Target here in the SLC area. So I went to the store and they had 4 on the pegs and none in back. I called another collector and we agreed to meet at another Target. I got there first, went in and told them that I was at the other Target and they had sold out of a figure, and I asked if they would check to see if they had any. The girl did and asked me how many I wanted? I asked how many they had and a guy next to her said 1. So I said that I would take 1. The other collector showed up and we talked waiting for the figure to come out of the back. 5 minutes later a guy comes from the back with 1 case! I had only money for 2 more and the other collector took 2 and we left the rest that went to the pegs.
I sold 3 to a local collector, will sell 1 more tomorrow  to yet another, and then trade 1 for a Target White Exclusive clone. I will keep one which will give me 3 (1 for my son, 1 carded and 1 opened for me). Nice to hook up 3 other collectors!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Guess I should have grabbed a couple today to help people here, I saw 5 of them at a Target near my work today.  It's a 30 minute drive from my house, so I could probably look on Monday on my lunch break.   Passed on it as personally I don't think it's worth the money.

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2005, 09:46 AM »
Agreed, I passed as well.  I figure that I will pick one up, w/lava figs in the clearance end cap past xmas.  But if I miss out I won't cry about it.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2005, 09:56 AM »
I still cant find this figure. I went to a couple of targets, had them check with the number but it comes up as not being in stock.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Remember the date on this is 11/20, so there may be a few hold-out Targets that will actually abide by the date (tomorrow as of this posting).

I thought I was going to have to hunt Sunday morning for this, but I found someone to bring out the 2 cases last week. The first time I asked, it was a new guy who was trying to be careful to go by the book, and he was really apologetic when he couldn't put them out. A few days later I asked someone else, and she had no problem.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2005, 08:38 AM »
I actually found these sitting on the shelves yesterday along with the pegwarming Lava figs.  Picked up two and two other people grabbed one each a short time later. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2005, 11:16 AM »
I am willing to bet though that the majority of these are long gone now at Target. I guess the question is will Target ship more to the stores or is this a one time wonder hit?!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Im sure these will be a one time deal like the other clone.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2005, 03:24 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that these would ship for a while, since they didn't make a specific amount.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2005, 06:50 PM »
I finally got the Target here in Notheren Calif. to bring a case out.  At first they didn't know what I was talking about, but the guy got on the computer and printed the description for it. It said the the Trooper had no release date, and that they were only getting one case of 8, and also to limit them to 2 per customer. So I would say they are very limited up here becasue they have about 30 each of Anakin and Obi-won.
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2005, 10:43 PM »
I guess it varies...I saw more than 8 at each of the Targets I went this weekend.  And that was after someone picked a few of them.

I remember the whole thing about the Target clone being limited and one day I counted 36 on the pegs.  A month later I got a few of them at 50% on an end cap.

I say take it easy, be patient, and they will fall in your hands.  Look at those coruscant BPs and the lava figures, two of the season's biggest peg warmers.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2005, 09:21 AM »
I saw 3 of these on an endcap at Target this weekend, sitting where the Lava Obi Wan/Anakins were before.  Not sure where those went to, as it seemed like there were quite a few left last time I was there.  I didn't pick it up, just can't pay $13 for it, but it did look kind of neat.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2005, 09:53 AM »
You know though, as I speculated earlier, I do think that the excitement has warn off a bit because these are a little easier to find than the exclusives earlier in the year. And I don't think so much the excitement from the collecting community, but as from the scalpers. I think they learned that they if they pick up some, they can move them, but if they pick up every one they can, they're going to be stuck with stuff they can't get rid of.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2005, 03:59 PM »
I was surprised to see three of these on a endcap at a local Target yesterday.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."