Author Topic: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper  (Read 62228 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper
« Reply #135 on: February 7, 2006, 02:06 AM »
I like him too, just loathe the price.  I'd have built a platoon if they were a reasonable price.  Even $8 - $10 would have pushed me to buy more than the handful I've bought or traded for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Damn I never saw this figure and I went to three different targets. They said it was in the back but then they couldn't find it. What a burn...  :'(
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Well I can get one if I want...for 30 freakin' dollars...
I dont think so...
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2006, 08:52 PM »
$30? That's the cheapest I've heard of them ever being. The average price I've seen them go for is about $45-50. I say go for it, or try the boards here.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2006, 09:05 PM »
I got two of these back in November. I went to one Target, they said they didn't have any but one 15 min away did, so I went there, and the guy helping me took a very long time getting them from the back for me. I really like the body for this guy, even more than the #41 clone. I wouldn't mind seeing the mold of the body repainted in white. I just wish I could've found the first Target clone.

BTW, I don't $30 is a horrible price to pay for one. It was about $15 at retail, and it's probably a lot more on E-Bay, so I say go for it.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Well if it is still there.
And for 30$ I could get a SA VOTC Stormtrooper.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2006, 04:14 AM »
Try the boards here...  Try the boards elsewhere even, but I'm a big opponent of going to someone who's ripping you off.  Definitely give it a go, keep your eyes peeled for one that pops up on the boards around the net though.

These were clearanced at some Target stores, they wound up being that abundant, so keep your eyes open...  Also keep your eyes on our threads for Target exclusives as they come up because often we discuss the DPCI #'s in the threads and that's how I usually get anything from Target.  Saves a lot of time/trouble...

If you're out of the states, network...  Often one of the guys on the boards is willing to help if they're financially able to. 

Personally I debate the value of the figure at just its retail price...  It looks cool, don't get me wrong, but I'm just a hard pressed person to happily pay $15 for any action figure like this.

For the record, it's the Clone Wars SA Clone sculpt iwth a new head too, for anyone curious on where its origins are from. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2006, 08:38 AM »
Come one guys try the boards....I've got some of these....I don't scalp mark-up either for something that new ::). 30$??! Use your resource here! C'mon Jesse point to the classified/wants/trades section :P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2006, 08:53 AM »
SA Clone Wars sculpt?
Thats odd I thought it was the ROTS version.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Commander_Fergie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I really hope that thie trooper would be used as the base in the repaints that come. I guess I just have an issue with the belt in the ROTS ones :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2006, 12:29 AM »
The classifieds are down there somewhere. :)

Yeah Commander, the sculpt was the CW SA Clone sculpt with a new head made to fit the ball/socket joint.  It was used for both ROTS Target Clones and MAYBE the Star Wars Shop Clone too but that one I didn't take a very close look at to be sure.

I know it was used on the Target Clones though...  The Clone 5-pack though was the Jetpack Clone sculpt, so as not to confuse you. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2006, 01:10 AM »
I agree with Jon, Travis, and Jesse. try the boards here $30 is way to high. I saw one being sold just the other day. These things sat around for awhile at the Targets near me and I had no problems finding them. Just be patient and i'm sure you'll find one closer to the retail value.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Yeah I missed on the deals but I know guys locally got them for $9 at least, if not less.  Not bad at that price...  Not great, but not bad.  I either traded for mine or paid full price. 

Still, at $30 I honestly would pass on it at that price if I couldn't get one...  I know I want Ascention Amidala but till I can get one fairly (trade most likely), I doubt I'll get one.  I won't pay a high price though...  It'll just be a collection hole I can be pissed off about, haha.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Yeah, if you were to end up paying more than $15 for one I'd say it's too much too soon.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Jesse, that SWS Clone is the ROTS #41 Clone... you can tell because its belt is updside down. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks