Author Topic: How big is your army?  (Read 108696 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: How big is your army?
« Reply #330 on: April 1, 2007, 02:03 AM »
Wow George that's sick!   :o

I'll update soon with some army pics I hope, as soon as I get my new collection room finished.   :)

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 1, 2007, 02:04 AM »
Yikes... As for ROTS, I've only done thus far:

6 Red Royal Guards
4 Blue Royal Guards
1 Battle Droid
1 Clone #6
2 Grevious Body Guards
1 Battle Droid
1 Super Battle droid.

Funny seeing how much your army has grown since then.   ;D

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 1, 2007, 02:02 PM »
That's just an awesome set up George. I love to see people enjoying them like that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 4, 2007, 10:53 AM »
I was going through my army yesterday and remembered this thread. It should probably be moved into the TAC section if a similar thread hasn't been started already.

My army looks like this:

Galactic Republic
13 Clone Troopers (AOTC)
01 ARC Trooper
04 Republic Commandos (Delta Squad)
04 Galactic Marines
01 Commander Bacara (custom)

CIS
04 Super Battle Droids
02 Battle Droids
01 OOM-9
01 Armored Assault Tank

Rebel Alliance
-- :-[

Galactic Empire
08 Stormtroopers
04 Biker Scouts
03 Imperial Officers
01 Sandtrooper
01 Commander Bow
03 Speeder Bikes (one vintage)

Miscellaneous
05 Jawas
01 Rontu
03 Pit Droids
« Last Edit: November 4, 2007, 11:00 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 5, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Gawd I have no recent pics. I really need to do this. As of last count I have just over 500 AOTC clones (grunts and officers), just under 500 ROTS clones (many different flavors comprise this total), approx 350 Stormies and another 200 or so Imperial troops of varying type.

I have  amuch smaller Rebel army.

My Seperatist army is okay with nearly 100 battle droids, couple dozen Super BD's and some Droidekas, Spider Droids and Crab Droids.

Love the pic, BTW.

I should set aside a day to set up and take new pics of my bunch. I almost hate talkign about my armies without the pics as people don't believe it unless they see it. Only pis I have are from last year and those armies have grown considerably since then.

For example my Utapau force had 88 clones in it last year and now that number is 126 for just the grunts, then there is a dozen and a half Airborne troopers, some Codys and AT-RT drivers (from the Order 66 packs). So that army is just over 150 total.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2007, 11:47 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: November 6, 2007, 12:58 AM »
Jeeze Sal, I had no idea you had that much...  I'd make a joke about not finding stuff 'cause of you, but really you're on the other side of town anyway. :)  Seriously though, that's good totals.  Especially on the AOTC Clones, which were pretty scarce till this year.  I'm nowhere near that total and consider myself something of an army builder too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 12, 2007, 09:25 AM »
That is impressive Sal. I'm wondering if this thread deserves a transfer to the 30AV topic?

My official Imperial Battalion is at 558 as of now, not including officers and staggling extras. At the very least I'll be adding two more with the big Target BP's this year (the At-St Drivers.) 4 more TIE Pilots and 14 more At-St drivers and I'm done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 12, 2007, 10:58 PM »
Jeeze Sal, I had no idea you had that much...  I'd make a joke about not finding stuff 'cause of you, but really you're on the other side of town anyway. :)  Seriously though, that's good totals.  Especially on the AOTC Clones, which were pretty scarce till this year.  I'm nowhere near that total and consider myself something of an army builder too.

Thanks Jesse. Just please keep in mind too that I don't buy all of these locally. I have many contacts throughout the nation and call upon them to help me build up my armies. I'm very cognizant of wiping out my local area and won't do that. I don't want to be labeled a hoarder on the local level. Heck even Darth Anton can atest to the fact that I ask for help as he's made a deal or two with me for troops.

Trust me Jesse, the last thing I want is a bad wrap for my past army building tendencies and I set up long ago a network of fellow friends/collectors to help me in my goals.

For one, as mentioned I don't wipe out my local area.
Two, other people get to clear some figures from their pegs in their cities for me, thereby helping them ever so slightly by stores having to replenish the pegs. this in turn gives them a chance to find new figures. This has been the case in more than a few transaction, so I know it works.
Three, I don't waste as much gas or time looking for army builders. This in turn helps to offset the cost of shipping from said friends/collectors.

Since those folks are going out anyway it's not usually a big deal. I tend to buy in sets of 5, 10 or 20 from people, however they can. I always ask that buying for me is not a burden. I certinly don't want to hurt anyones finances, or even their family lives just to help me.

Again, I've taken great pains to be up and up about my army building.

Just thought you, Jesse, (and everyone else for that matter) should know.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 12, 2007, 11:01 PM »
That is impressive Sal.

Thanks Ant. someday I hope to get some pics up. I was hoping to soon, but my lady wanted me to moe most of my stuff to storage so that we can be better prepared for moving. (We're seriously looking to buy a home in 2008.) So nearly all of my colection is now packed away.

But when I do have the pics ready, I think you all (well most of you) will be impressed with my armies.

-Sal

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 27, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Well, I had a good week toward putting polishing off my Imperial battalion. I'm now 4 figures short of 576 troopers with one on the way via trade. Add 21 officers which are all present and accounted for.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2007, 12:12 PM »
Well, I had a good week toward putting polishing off my Imperial battalion. I'm now 4 figures short of 576 troopers with one on the way via trade. Add 21 officers which are all present and accounted for.

Very nice!

I should prolly buy some more imp officers. I dunno, I just am not big on the black suited versions. I'd much prefer the more formal grey/green uniforms.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2007, 01:35 PM »

You had to pack them all up recently, didn't you?  I sure would love to see that displayed someday.  :)

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 28, 2007, 01:57 AM »
Well I dont have an army, I have more like Stormtroopers and 6 Sandtroopers, but its a start.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 28, 2007, 08:59 AM »

You had to pack them all up recently, didn't you?  I sure would love to see that displayed someday.  :)

More than a year ago. :( However, when I have the time (and patience) I'll set 'em all up in formation and take some pix.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 28, 2007, 09:54 AM »

More than a year ago. :( However, when I have the time (and patience) I'll set 'em all up in formation and take some pix.

Heh heh, that's what I keep saying.
Anthony, you better plan on a whole day for this...
IIRC when I did this about a year ago for about 250 of the troopers I have, it still took me 3 or 4 hours. Set-up took much of that time, picture taking not so much, then putting them back into their respective baggies/boxes/tubs took the rest of the time.

Granted these will be impressive pics, but it's an arduous task.

I look forward to doing this someday with my troops, but I may just hire someone for the day to help me with set-up...lol