Author Topic: How big is your army?  (Read 108943 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: How big is your army?
« Reply #30 on: April 7, 2005, 01:32 PM »
What's up with the Clone Commanders? Are they supposed to be coming out in greater numbers or is this it?

I haven't seen a trace of that ******* guy, and he was my most anticipated figure at Midnight Madness.  >:(
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 7, 2005, 01:46 PM »

50 SA Clones, 50 Tank Drivers, 2 more Grevious Body Guards, a handful of Wookie Warriors and Utapu Warriors, and a few more odds and ends.

Of course, it's very unlikely that I'll come across 50 of those two, but who knows...

Thank god we don't shop in the same town...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 7, 2005, 03:53 PM »

50 SA Clones, 50 Tank Drivers, 2 more Grevious Body Guards, a handful of Wookie Warriors and Utapu Warriors, and a few more odds and ends.

Of course, it's very unlikely that I'll come across 50 of those two, but who knows...

Thank god we don't shop in the same town...

Last time I bought a figure en masse it was the VOTC Stormie, and they were abundant.  I know Paul managed to score about the same number that I did - and other people didn't report any trouble.

It's all going to depend on distribution.

In the meantime - I was hooked up today with my first post-32 army builders... 3 Clone Commanders and 2 Pilots. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 7, 2005, 04:08 PM »
What's up with the Clone Commanders? Are they supposed to be coming out in greater numbers or is this it?

I haven't seen a trace of that ******* guy, and he was my most anticipated figure at Midnight Madness.  >:(

They will show up soon enough... probably within a month this wave will have hit everywhere in decent numbers... I just hope there's enough of the AT-TE Gunner to go around.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: April 7, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Man, my Army Buildig habits have been cut waaaay back for Ep3.

Here's what I've grabbed more than 1 of (so far):

2x #6 Clone Trooper
2x #23 Royal Guard (Blue)
2x #23 Royal Guard (Red)
3x #34 Clone Pilot

And here's my Army Building plan for the rest:

2x #38 AT-TE Gunner
4x #41 Clone Trooper
2x #54 Turbo Tank Driver

For now, I'm gonna buy just 1 of each of the Clone Commanders (#33 and #49), but I'd pick up more if they have color variants.  Same for the Clones, I'll only grab 4x #41 unless they do some color variants.  I really like the AT-TE Gunner, but I can't see myself grabbing more than 2 of the specialized troopers like him and the Turbo Tank Driver.

I'm also passing on any extra droids (Battle, Super Battle, Droideka, Grev Guard, etc).  Maybe during the clearance sale I'd pick up a few more droids, but for now I'm happy with 1x each of them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 7, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Hmmm maybe I'm just a crazy man but I want at least 50 more of the Battle Droids.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 8, 2005, 01:38 AM »
I'd love more battle droids - but they do NOT stand up properly, unless you've got a magic solution you can share with me...   Even this new ROTS one that comes with a base and footpeg falls over - because the plastic in his leg is like rubber.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 8, 2005, 02:26 AM »
Let's see what I have here...

Grand Army of the Republic

8 SA Clone Troopers
1 Ep II Preview Clone Trooper
1 Saga Clone officer w/ canon
2 ARC troopers (blue)
1 ARC ranking officer (red)
1 Saga Clone biker
2 Saga Clone Pilots
1 command gunship
2 ROTS Clone Troopers
1 ROTS Clone Commander
1 ROTS Clone tank gunner
Jedi Generals/Commanders/Whatever:
Yoda (Ep I; ROTS w/ canon)
Windu (original sneak preview Mace)
Anakin (ROTS Deluxe Anakin/Vader)
Obi-wan on boga
Fisto (ROTS)
Koon (ROTS)
Secura (ROTS)
Mundi (ROTS)
Trebor RIP

Wookiee Army

General Tarfful
Chewbacca
2 Sneak Warriors

Also, some older Chewies are good for generic Wooks. Some are so outdated, they don't even look like him next to new ones! (eg POTF buff Chewie; Chewie chained prisoner)

Seperatists

Count Dooku ROTS
General Grievous (Deluxe; 4-arm; Sneak)
1 Grievous' body guard
Viceroy Gunray Ep I
Rune Haako
Lott Dod
1 Geonosian LOL

I think that's it....

General Kolar added. 8)

I'd love more battle droids - but they do NOT stand up properly, unless you've got a magic solution you can share with me...   Even this new ROTS one that comes with a base and footpeg falls over - because the plastic in his leg is like rubber.

Do the Ep I Battle Droids have peg holes? OOM-9?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 8, 2005, 03:22 AM »
not sure - but I wasn't really referring to those, since they went Red for E2...  The episode I ones are less dynamic in pose, but they do stand better...  It's a toss up, they just haven't gotten this one right yet for me to be buying them up.

Of the 2 or 3 dozen that I do have, most of them came from a guy I met through Rebelscum who was selling his entire collection and I paid him $0.25 - $1.00 each - but the same goes for my Super Battle Droids, Destroyer Droids, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Death Star Troopers, Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Commtech Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Bomaar Monks, Gammorean Guards, Hoth Rebel Soldiers, Snowtroopers, Scout Troopers, AT ST Drivers, Endor Soldiers, Bespin Guards, Death Star Droids, R4M9's, Mouse Droids, Scanning Crew Troopers, Naboo Troopers, Naboo Guards, Gungan Warriors, Senate Guards, Royal Guards, Spider Droids, Pit Droids, Child Clones, and Jedi Padawans - and I like most of those.   You name it, I bought some on the cheap.  It was probably the best $140.00 I ever spent collecting SW.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: April 8, 2005, 05:05 AM »
Well I managed (through my gf being at WM tonight) to get 2 more Clones and a Wookie Warrior.  The army gains a little ground I guess.  Not much though.

I'm more concerned with C3 right now, than army building.  I do want those higher # figures though.  Damn!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 8, 2005, 07:37 AM »
I have only seen the Blue royal guard in the 5 stores in my area...

My budget has not allowed me to get much so far...In the past that sometimes has worked to my advantage...but I am not so sure...I did manage to get one of the first 28 but only the blue guard and not the red one...

Other than that I do have 3 preview wookies and a chewie and a tarfull for my wookie army...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 8, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Well I managed (through my gf being at WM tonight) to get 2 more Clones and a Wookie Warrior.  The army gains a little ground I guess.  Not much though.

I'm more concerned with C3 right now, than army building.  I do want those higher # figures though.  Damn!

The Sneak Preview Wookie Warrior?  Or are the 41-44 figures showing up already?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 8, 2005, 12:23 PM »
I don't think my Clone army will ever rival my Imperial army, but since I'm off to an expesive start getting the basic collection down, I haven't picked up many  ROTS army builders yet. So far, I'm only at:

4 #6 clones
2 Tank Gunners and
1 Barc

I haven't seen the Clone commander, Clone pilot or AT-RT yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 8, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Up to 19 ROTS Battle Droids.   :)

« Last Edit: April 8, 2005, 12:27 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: April 8, 2005, 07:27 PM »
The Sneak Preview Wookie Warrior?  Or are the 41-44 figures showing up already?

It's just the sneak preview wookie (I think, I haven't picked them up off her yet) Rob...  I never got too many of him and I'm wanting to nab more actually, so that's how he snuck into there.  My area's pretty dry on preview wave figures though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77