Author Topic: How big is your army?  (Read 108690 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How big is your army?
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2005, 12:18 AM »
My dream is finding a bunch of people to go in on a case with me but who just want the officers.  I'd take every set of white clones for the case price (it's not too bad, like $6.25 or so per figure), but I don't need umpteen officers.   :-\

Are we certain these are exactly the same as the CW SA figs, except for added colors and/or added blast burns? What about peg holes? I know the one in the Walmart Vader case has holes.

If those are the only differences and you decide to put together a group for splitting a case, put me down for 1 clean officer set. And maybe 1 burned white set.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Clone #6- 22 (with 9-10 more on the way from a friend of mine)
Clone Commander- 1 (definitely getting more!)
At-te Gunner- 1 (possibly getting more)
SP Wookiee Warrior-4
Clone Pilot- None yet but i'm going to need 10  :-\

As for unreleased figures:
Wookiee Warrior: probably get 2
Clone Trooper #41- whatever i can find  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 04:56 AM »
Ook,

They're the SA Clone, but the problem with (myself) going in on buying a case with people again is that I've already got myself in on 2 cases, and now I'm just looking to get a caseload of the white sets for myself...  Unfortunately, nobody JUST wants officers (no surprise there of course), but I can dream I figure.

I doubt any case buying is gonna happen at this point though...

I'll deal with a squad rather than an army I guess. :)  And a lot more officers than my squad needs to have around bossing them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 05:06 AM »
Ook,

They're the SA Clone, but the problem with (myself) going in on buying a case with people again is that I've already got myself in on 2 cases, and now I'm just looking to get a caseload of the white sets for myself...  Unfortunately, nobody JUST wants officers (no surprise there of course), but I can dream I figure.

I doubt any case buying is gonna happen at this point though...

I'll deal with a squad rather than an army I guess. :)  And a lot more officers than my squad needs to have around bossing them.

Oh, I see. Well, if you do end up in on any deal that has 1 box of clean officers to get rid of, LMK.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Thinking about this "army building" subject, I was curious, do any of you NOT army build?  I mean, is there anyone that just likes to collect 1 (or two if you are carded and loose) of each figure, and forget about getting extras of the various "troops"?  I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper and easier to hunt around.  I definitely don't qualify as a big army builder, but do buy extras here and there of figures like Storm/Clonetroopers in their various armors, Royal Guards, Wookiee Warriors, and a few others...but I don't know that I've ever had more than 10 of a particular figure, if even that.  If I had the money and space though, I'd probably buy more, specifically with Stormtroopers.  Anyways, just curious if anyone out there doesn't really army build at all?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2005, 09:26 PM »
ROTS Collection Currently:

6 Red Royal Guards
4 Blue Royal Guards
2 Grevious Body Guards
8 Clone Commanders
7 Clone Pilots
4 AT-TE Gunners
3 Clone Trooper (#6)
1 Target Exclusive Clone

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2005, 10:49 PM »
5 Clone #6
3 Battle Droids
2 Super Battle Droids
2 Grievous Guards

Looking for Clone Commanders, AT-TE Gunners, and the Target Exclusive Clone currently... :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Ok here is the update:

Clone Commanders: 8
Clone Pilots: 3 (need 2 more)
Clone #6:  12
At-TE GUnner: 12
Clone #41: 1
Target Exclusive Clone: 12
Wookies:  2 (sneak peek and Tarful)
Royal Guards Blue: 2
Grievous Guard: 1

Clone #41 was combination of a weak moment, extra paypal  $  and relatively low "buy it now" on ebay.

Target Clones are from 3 different Stores.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Ok here is the update:

:o

(here we go again!)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Thinking about this "army building" subject, I was curious, do any of you NOT army build?  I mean, is there anyone that just likes to collect 1 (or two if you are carded and loose) of each figure, and forget about getting extras of the various "troops"?  I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper and easier to hunt around.

I fall into this category, although there have been random points in the past that I've attempted to build an army in a moment of weakness and/or excess money (a real rarity).  Between my health and my finances (because of said health), I'm having to thin out a lot of older things that I do have multiples of.  Plus, I just don't have the room for any real dioramas or anything like that, and my entire loose figure collection is stored in Plano 3700 series tackle boxes, so it kind of defeats the purpose of army building for me.

That said, I do still have multiples of certain figures for vehicle purposes, mainly the three Clone Pilots from ROTS and the 2 Clone Pilots from AOTC, piloting the ARC-170 and the AOTC Gunship, respectively (plus I needed to get two of the ball cannons for the Gunship).  If there is a paint variation that is obvious and intentional (like the non-animated ARC Trooper or the Target Clone, which I haven't found yet), I'll buy one of each variation, but nothing more.

And (again) that said, I would like to get two of the Target Clone so I can open one and hang the other on the wall alongside Holo Yoda and Lava Vader to kind of complete the set I suppose.  This is easier said than done, though.

I think that army building is certainly cool and interesting if you do it for the reasons that Chewie does it (what with his photo novels and interest in dioramas) and so many others do it (a friend of mine who bought over 200 Stormtroopers during the early POTF2 days on clearance so he could make a diorama of the Emperor's Arrival on DS2 with his Shuttle).  When it becomes irritating is when the person building the army isn't doing it for enjoyment, but for his Ebay store.  Someone buying 10 Clones for dioramas is much more likely to let you have your one out of their cart if you ask; the guy doing it for Ebay will laugh at you and offer to sell it to you for ten in the parking lot. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Ok here is the update:

(here we go again!)

oops I was hoping you wouldn't read that....I hit the Target by my house after you said they were on the list and got the rest of my Army.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2005, 04:06 PM »
I added one the pilots to my army yesterday. I was rearranging my troops in the gunship last night, and I broke one of my cannons. >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Ok here is the update:

(here we go again!)

oops I was hoping you wouldn't read that....I hit the Target by my house after you said they were on the list and got the rest of my Army.

Well I'm not going to go after lots of the Target Clone - not with the SA Clone coming in a week and not for 12.99.  If I'm going to buy figures for that much money, they're going to be SA Stormies.

I do however plan to load up on Gunners - which I found for the first time at retail yesterday.  3 of them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2005, 06:16 PM »
My #6 clone army's going along nicely.

I hope you're able to get lotsa SA Clones Rob...  I'm worried on that, a lot, so I'm buying up #6's and I'll buy what SA's I can afford/find as well, but I have a nice 20-ish #6 army going.

Not one AT-TE Gunner or commander is to be found in my army yet.  I stress yet.  :)  I did get a lone clone Pilot yesterday though.  I can see his knee pin stressing though so I'm being careful with him.  His joints are incredibly stiff at the knees though, yikes!

Great figure though.  Too bad he didn't have a removable helmet though considering the open face and how great he'd look with translucent visor!  :)  A project for another day when Clones are abundant around here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Gonna hold off for a bit on army-building... only #41 SA Clones, AT-TE Gunners and Clone Pilots for a while.  And of course the new Wookiee.  Damn... guess I'm not gonna hold off after all.   :(

:P