Author Topic: The Official "WWE" Thread  (Read 62030 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "WWE" Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2003, 12:25 AM »
You forgot about the return of the U.S. title (as announced by Stephanie in her backstage segment with Sable).

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2003, 01:30 AM »
Hey all, I just got back from the PPV, and I just thought that I'd give you all my thoughts about it. Overall, I thought it was just... okay.

Nowinski/Mack def. The Dudley Boyz- I guess that was an okay match to start the show off with. Nothing really stood out. I was expecting the win, and I guess that a PPV win will push Nowinski and Mack

Burping Contest- Holy Pre-Recorded fake burps, Batman! :P

Steiner def. Test- Another okay match. I've been impressed with Steiner's work as of late. This was mainly just your average midcard match. I was expecting Test to win, and that really suprised me when he didn't. The best part of the match was when Steiner slipped off of the apron at the beginning of the match and hit his face on the mat. ;D

Christian def. Booker T by DQ to retain the IC Title- Hmm, they're really making Christian look weak. He hasn't won a match since winning the title, and he had to DQ himself to hold onto the title. I was expecting a Booker T win by pinfall, but oh well. Leaves the door open for a rematch.

"Pie" Eating Contest- Uggh, this was the worst part of the night. Having to look at Mae Young strip down to a thong and give Bischoff a Bronco Buster. I nearly hurled. At least Austin gave her a stunner. I guess that it's better than seeing her at the 2000 Royal Rumble though.

La Resistance def. RVD & Kane to win the Tag Titles- A very short match. I was waiting for either RVD or Kane to attack each other, but I guess they're saving that for tomorrow night. I was expecting the ending.

Goldberg def. Jericho- This match was funny seeing as that Goldberg is the face and Y2J is the heel, yet the crowd was booing Goldberg and chanting "Jericho!". Another victory I was expecting.

Ric Flair def. Shawn Michaels- I had great expectations for this match, but it let me down somewhat. The match ended without one person putting the other over, but I guess that leaves the door open for a rematch. I was expecting the HBK victory.

Steve Austin def. Eric Bischoff in a Redneck Triathlon- I thought this was pretty boring for some reason. Wow, we heard Bischoff sing, then he got thrown in a pile of pig waste. This kind of made the other competitions a waste of time, IMO.

Triple H def. Kevin Nash in a Hell in a Cell match to retain the World Title- I wasn't expecting much from this match either. It's sad that Foley took more bumps last week than Nash and Triple H took combined. They didn't even through each other into the cage for pete's sake! It was hard to watch this match, but the cell is really cool to see live. Too bad it wasn't as good of a match as the past few HIAC matches have been.

So I guess that the Raw main event for Summerslam is Goldberg vs. Triple H for the title.

Overall Grade: I give it a C-. It felt like a special Sunday 2 and a half hour edition of Raw. I'm really looking forward to the Smackdown Vengeance next month. That should be a good Pay Per View.

I also heard that Mick Foley is going to wrestle again, and that Goldberg is PO'ed after Linda McMahon said that his run so far has been "disappointing" so far. Thanks to Wrestlezone.com for that news.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2003, 02:24 AM »
AGAIN...I am disappointed in what the WWE has to offer.

Booker T gets the shaft again and Trips doenst lose the belt. When WAS the last time he dropped it to someone else?? Was it HBK?

For a Raw only PPV it was decent. I'll wait to see a Smackdown only PPV before I judge on how it's going to turn out for the WWE.

Regards,
MJ
I remember my dream now.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2003, 11:07 AM »
I didn't get to see any of it, but it sounds quite depressing.   :-\
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2003, 11:43 PM »
Raw was excellent tonight! It was great, especially after coming off of such a bad PPV.

Kane vs. Triple H next week for the title! Sweet. We all know that HHH is going to win, so will Kane unmask? I'm thinking DQ win so Kane can keep his mask on, because Kane is nothing without the mask. If he takes it off, everyone will just call him Fake Diesel. Either that, or he could use face paint like Sting...

I am enjoying Ivory as a face. I hope she gets a title shot soon.

I thought that Triple H was actually going to go one night without talking. Oh well.

Lance Storm is boring? I hope this is an excuse to push him and get him more airtime. I still think that he'd do better on Smackdown.

"It's raining Rico!"  ??? I thought that they were going to change his gimmick? His new music sounds like the FBI's. At least he isn't acting like the gay stylist/manager.

Even though I despise seeing Mae Young, you've gotta admit that it's cool that she's 80 years old and is still taking bumps like that.  :o

The worst part of the night was the tag match with Booker T/Goldberg vs. Jericho/Christian. Not even Jericho and Booker could save this match. Terrible.

Evolution finally gets music! The music and titantron is pretty good. The match between Maven and Randy Orton was pretty good too. Nice to see Maven and Al Snow back on Raw.

Triple H to Kane: "You won't be held back anymore" - LOL  :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2003, 01:38 PM »
SmackDown! Spoilers

What happened after

For the 200th episode, they seem to be putting a lot of focus on next weeks show.

Ultimo Dragon will make his on-air debut next week!

Also, expect the two Raw main events for Summerslam to be Foley vs. HHH for the title, and Goldberg vs. Jericho pt. 2. Goldberg was originally supposed to get a title shot, but is being punished because of his attitude as of late.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2003, 12:07 AM »
Did anyone see RAW tonight?  Kane took off his mask (and wig) to reveal his face to everyone, because he lost a match agains HHH.  He looks like a freak!
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2003, 12:27 AM »
Here's Kane unmasked (or should I say unleashed?)...

dustrho

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2003, 02:24 AM »
Looks different from his Issac Yankem and Fake Diesel days.
I remember my dream now.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2003, 09:16 PM »
This whole "Zach" character (that is Mr. America's fan) is a joke.  I've never liked it since it started a month or so ago.  And him turning down a contract offer because he didn't want to kiss Vince's ass?  This is why RAW is much better to watch these days.
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 4, 2003, 02:02 AM »
There's a chance that Smackdown will get better! Zach "wins" his contract, and Hogan is fired by McMahon! Here's hoping. It's also nice to not know what the heck is going on in the US Title Tourney. Some brackets would be nice.

And if you haven't heard, Roddy Piper and Crash have been released from WWE, and Hogan has quit. I don't think that I'll miss any of them.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #56 on: July 4, 2003, 09:19 AM »
And if you haven't heard, Roddy Piper and Crash have been released from WWE, and Hogan has quit.

Are you serious?  Where did you hear that?  I missed the very end of Smackdown last week and totally missed it last night.  Was that on last night's show?  Hulk Hogan definitely needs to retire his butt, and I'm sick of all these old timers coming back into the league (i.e. Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter).  Like I've said before, RAW is becoming a much better show to watch, and I give a lot of props out to Stone Cold Steve Austin.
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 4, 2003, 01:06 PM »
The Roddy Piper/Crash Holly stories were posted on WWE.com, so I'll look to see if they still have them posted.

Here is a link to Piper's firing. Crash's has been removed. Hogan quit for a number of reasons, all which seem stupid to me. He was mad because he recieved a low Wrestlemania bonus paycheck (when everybody else did too), and was upset at being the 3rd biggest face in the 6-man tag on SD last week (when he recieves more airtime than any one of the cruiserweights).

McMahon fired Hogan and Mr. America last night, and Zach Gowen "won" his contract.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2003, 11:55 PM »
Based on the lack of replies to this thread, I assume that nobody has enjoyed the past week of programming?

LordsofPain.net is reporting that WWE has signed former WCW star Daffney, and Indy Star Paul London. Both of these are for developmental contracts though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 12:01 AM by Slave_531 »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2003, 12:52 PM »
I really don't know anyone from WCW, and I don't recognize the names you just rattled off there.

This whole "Michael Gowen" thing on Smackdown is a joke.  I just can't stand it when it's his time on the TV.

And I like how the fans are finally starting to cheer when Kurt Angle comes out.  He's always been one of my favorite wrestlers, and I have hated how they all boo him.  It is funny, though, how they still do that "you suck" during his theme music.  LOL!
dustrho