Author Topic: The Official "WWE" Thread  (Read 62055 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "WWE" Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 11:32 AM »
From the pictures I have, Andre was wrestling against Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Others that were there were the Ultimate Warrior, Mr. Fuji, the British Bulldog, Jimmy Hart, Honky Tonk Man & others I can't make out.

There was another time when Hulk Hogan came & man was the Coliseum loud with the fans.
Even the Blue Blazer made his appearance & the fans started chanting, Owen.  ;D  

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 02:52 PM »
What's the deal, Hulk wouldn't admit he was Mr. America right...Vince was going unmask him???
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 07:28 PM »
Hey Dale, just in case you didn't know it, but Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ric Flair are back in the WWE.  Flair has been back for a while now, but Piper came back about a month ago.  Piper looks pretty funny with a skinny face and a fat gut (he doesn't look that fit in the pictures below, but he does have a gut now).  He also brought back "Piper's Pit" to the show.

dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 09:32 PM »
So good old Rowdy Roddy Piper is back to do one of two things, kick butt and chew bubble gum & he's all out of bubble gum!   ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2003, 09:56 PM »
So good old Rowdy Roddy Piper is back to do one of two things, kick butt and chew bubble gum & he's all out of bubble gum!   ;D

That has to be one of the best quotes from any movie in history.  I loved that movie, "They Live."
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2003, 10:05 PM »
I worked very briefly for the WWE.  I had been a fan of the programming leading up to that, but I got disenchanted with the company.  I left shortly after I arrived, and decided I liked working in news better.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2003, 10:06 PM »
Yep, a classic.  8)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2003, 10:55 PM »
3 of my favorites are highly misused Hurricane, RVD and Booker T. Once it's gets better and GOD aka HHH doesn't run everything I'll get into it again.

What are you talking about that those three are being misused?  They get plenty of airtime, but I would love to see the Hurricane get a title shot.  He's awesome to watch.

And I'm sick of HHH... I think it should be "game over."

Well I shouldnt say misused but all three of these guys "pushes" have been really weak. I mean all three are good workers and they should be used better. But of course all three or on Raw and they'll never see it due to HHH.
I remember my dream now.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2003, 12:58 AM »
Who's excited that Kurt Angle is coming back next, or Rey Mysterio fighting Matt Hardy?

I also thought the lie detector test tonight was quite funny... good 'ole Mr. America at his best.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #24 on: June 2, 2003, 10:09 PM »
I know the WWE is all fake wrestling and all but it's so damn entertaining.  Most of the wrestling looks pretty close to the real deal.  But anytime "The Rock" is on the show (which is rare these days) the acting is pathetic.  He was on tonight, and everytime Y2J & Christian were beating on him in the ring the punches & kicks didn't even remotely come close to him.  Like I said before, I know it's fake.  But this was the worst acting I've seen in a LOOOONG time in the WWE.

Anyone else see that too?
dustrho

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2003, 01:42 AM »
I missed Raw tonight. I planned on watching it and I fell asleep on the couch. Did I miss anything good??
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Any Wrestling fans in here?
« Reply #26 on: June 5, 2003, 10:18 PM »
I'm just curious to see how many wrestling fans (WWF/E, NWA/TNA, Backyard, etc.) we have on these boards. If there are any, maybe this can be a thread where we talk about wrestling, and how wierd the storylines are now. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 5, 2003, 10:21 PM »
Yep, I'd say there are Slave!  Just merged you right into their thread!  Have fun with the wrestlin' gang here.  Definitely some fans...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #28 on: June 5, 2003, 10:32 PM »
Hey Slave!  I'm Chris (aka dustrho), and I'm the one that started this thread.  I'm a HUGE WWE fan, and I try to post as much as I can here.  Who's your favorite wrestler, and do you like Raw or Smackdown better?

Nice to have ANOTHER familiar face here!
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 6, 2003, 12:20 AM »
Well, my favorite wrestler would probably have to be either Angle or Jericho. As for the shows, we don't get UPN on my cable system, so I can only watch Raw. :( I used to think Smackdown was the better show, until Austin returned as Co-GM to Raw. Ever since then, I've felt that Raw is improving and that Smackdown is just becoming more and more like a soap opera. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks