Author Topic: The Official "WWE" Thread  (Read 62053 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "WWE" Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 1, 2003, 11:41 PM »
Alright, time to review RAW.

PROS:

- The Main Event was pretty good this week. Michaels and Goldberg both brought their A-game and Triple H didn’t seem slowed (further) by his injury (plus Ric is always ON) and it made for a good match.
- Jericho vs. Christian was a pretty good TV match, but why didn't the ref look to see if Christian was holding the ropes? Is Christian's gimmick the RAW version of Eddie Guerrero's?
- The Women’s tag match was decent this week.
- The segment with Kane sticking the jumper cables on Shane’s nuts had me rolling on the floor in tears (That was the only pro in this segment IMO).
- It’s good to see RVD back. Also, I liked that they announced a match for next week already (Kane vs. RVD cage match).
- Coach is smart for wearing a UT jersey.
- La Resistance vs. Hurri*.*.*.*. was OK.

CONS:

- Kane was thrown into a DUMPSTER OF FIRE, yet he only has injuries on his ARM AND WRIST. WTF ARE THE WRITERS SMOKING?!?! If Kane can no-sell his burn injuries, then why didn't JR?
- Lawler vs. Coach was boring and pointless. I see no potential in this feud or Al Snow’s heel turn. I’d rather see them spend this time on a more deserving talent (ie. Venis, Storm, Richards, etc.). HeAT announcers vs. RAW announcers is just a bad idea, which brings us to...
- Unforgiven - Coach vs. JR: Why?
- The Jericho/Christian/Austin segment was too long and slow, IMO.
- Why must Vince be on both shows every week?
- I am sick of this Resistance/Dudleys feud. When will it end?
- Speaking of never ending feuds, when will the Test/Steiner feud end?

Overall, RAW was okay this week. It was better than last week, which is good. I'll give it a B- this week.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 3, 2003, 07:48 PM »
SmackDown! Spoilers. Boy is this show gonna suck!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 9, 2003, 12:13 AM »
Spike took a NASTY and SICK bump tonight, but all of the sites are reporting that he is okay...

Anybody else notice that all of the Unforgiven matches are Gimmick matches?

RAW Review:

PROS:

- The Cage match was pretty good tonight. What happened to the "Escape Only" rules?
- Lance Storm was finally allowed to wrestle.
- The ending segment with Goldberg and Evolution was also pretty good.
- "JR The Hutt" :D

CONS:

- Austin's speech was boring and repetitive (Beer talk, interuption, stunner, more beer).
- The 10 Man Tag match was a clusterf***. Spike took a bump, and I hope the Frenchies are punished for it. Mark Henry looks like he was also injured (again).
- Announcer feud is kind of boring.
- The mystery partners weren't much of a mystery. I was at least expecting HBK to run in at the end and save Goldberg.
- Test/Steiner feud. Hopefully this will end once and for all at Unforgiven.

As you can see, WWE did a lousy job of trying to compete with the NFL. I'll give RAW a C+ for a decent, but not good, show.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2003, 06:29 PM »
 SmackDown! Spoilers

Remember that this show will only be 90 minutes because UPN has to debut some crappy show.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2003, 12:03 AM »
RAW Review:

PROS:

- Opening segment was very good.
- Jericho vs. RVD was a good match for the time it was given. The Triple Threat at Unforgivencould be a MOTY canditate, IMO.
- The Goldberg Hype segments were good, though I think they could've shown more of his WCW past, but this is WWE we're talking about. :-X
- Women's match was decent, and Lita is back. She should leave the Twist of Fate to Matt Hardy, though.
- The HBK/Orton segment was okay. It might be one of the best matches on the card. Why was Maven involved? Setting up a possible heel turn?

CONS:

- The Triple H Ego Trip, I mean "Party" was dull and boring. You could tell that the crowd hated it. Once again, HHH destroys the credibility of a wrestler by making fun of him and his past. Yawn. I hope he has to take a long vacation to heal his groin.
- Moolah vs. Victoria was pointless. The RKO afterwards was so predictable. WWE, PLEASE stop the shock factor. It doesn't work like it did in 1998! >:(
- Spike Dudley vs. Rob Conway was a dull squash match. Their feud is really boring, and I just can't wait for it to end.
- Speaking of never ending feuds, let's hope that the other boring feud (Steiner vs. Test) ends at Unforgiven. The match between Test and Val Venis was only booked to further the feud. I bet that Stacy swerves us and turns on Steiner this Sunday.
- Contract signing was a waste of time. We all know that Shane will get killed at Unforgiven.
- The commentator feud is just really gay. Please let it end!

I thought that RAW was decent this week, but it was still pretty bad. I give it a C+ this week. I hope that the product picks up after Unforgiven (when HHH FINALLY loses the belt).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2003, 06:57 PM »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2003, 11:17 PM »
Unforgiven Results

Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) def. La Resistance and Rob Conway in a Tables match to win the World Tag Team titles (They made it a Tag Title match on Heat)

Test def. Scott Steiner after Stacy Keibler accidentally hit Steiner with a chair

Randy Orton def. Shawn Michaels after interference from Ric Flair

Lita and Trish Stratus def. Molly Holly and Gail Kim

Kane def. Shane McMahon after Shane fell off the titantron and through the stage

Christian def. Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam after Christian hit RVD with the belt, retaining the Intercontinental Title

Coach and Al Snow def. JR and Jerry Lawler after interference from Jericho

Goldberg def. Triple H after a Jackhammer to win the World Heavywieght Championship

MY THOUGHTS: YES! YES! NEW CHAMPION! NEW CHAMPION! Seriously, the show was mediocre at best. All matches were watchable except for the Commentators Tag Match. They had better keep JR and King at the announcer's booth, or RAW ratings will just slipped. HHH FINALLY lost the title, and there can finally be new feuds! I wonder who Goldberg's first opponent will be? I give the show a B-.

BTW, am I the only one that senses a Jericho/Austin match coming up soon?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2003, 11:23 PM »
I'll have to admit that I haven't seen any WWE action in about a month.  It's pretty disappointing actually, because I would really like to watch it more often.  Mondays are now dedicated to Monday Night Football.  I did catch Smackdown last Thursday, and man did a lot of stuff change in that time period.  I miss watching the WWE.

Thanks for keeping us updated as to what has been going on.  I appreciate it.
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2003, 06:33 PM »
Actually, dustrho, I thought I was just in here talking to myself! Good to know at least one other person is reading! Might I suggest taping the shows? ;)

RAW Review

PROS:

- Goldberg vs. Jericho was an excellent match. They both put on one hell of a match, and it really looked good as well. Excellent.
- Snow and Coach were pretty good at commentary as the show went on. At the beginning, I felt like I was watching Heat.
- The Rock's segment tonight was hilarious. I'm going to go see "The Rundown" now. Please, Rock, come back to wrestling!
 - Christain vs. RVD was an okay match. It was great until the end, which I'll get into later. Hopefully, the Ladder Match next week will be as good or better than the RVD/Eddie Guerrero one from a year ago.
- The women’s tag match was pretty good. The women look good in the ring, and it was better than what we've seen recently. I dare WWE to show a Lita/Gail Kim match, just so we can see how much they botch moves.
- I enjoyed the Test/Steiner movie, yet I still prey that this feud will end. It has gone from April to September. That's way too long! The new "I own you" part looks to be entertaining, but nothing more than that.
- The Evolution/Cade/Jindrak/Maven 6 man tag was very weel done. I was expecting a total squash, but HHH actually sold some offense. Woah! Excellent job by everyone. This is where Triple H should stay for a while.
- S.*.*.*./Hurricane vs. La Resistance, was an OK match. Nothing really spectacular, but at least the tag division has more than 2 teams now.

CONS:

- Triple H is back and talking about how Goldberg will keep his title warm for him. The sad part about this is that it's true.
- Mark Henry (One half of Team Heatless) squashing Tommy Dreamer was just pointless. Henry no sold almost everything, and then won with his "Fata** Slam" (Which recieved no response from the crowd). I did laugh at Teddy Long's President speech, though.
- The belt finish of the IC Title match was stupid. Must every champion DQ themselves by hitting the challenger with the belt?
- Commentators? Wrestling? AGAIN!?!? END THIS FEUD!!!!!

All in all, RAW was a very great show, much better than what we've seen the past several weeks. Everything was great, except for the Mark Henry match. This show gets an A-. HHH losing the title was exactly what RAW needed to improve.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2003, 12:10 AM »
Before I get on to business, I'm thinking of putting the RAW Review on hiatus. I'll let you decide its future, though.

I can either:

A) Review RAW on Monday nights/Tuesday afternoons

B) Wait until Friday and review both RAW and Smackdown
or
C) Quit reviewing shows completely

Now for the bad news... Over the past few months, I've had a bad feeling about a certain match taking place with two "wrestlers". Well, this bad feeling has become a nightmare. At No Mercy, facing off in an "I Quit" match, will be... Read it in the SmackDown! Spoilers

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Survivor Series results:

Team Angle def. Team Lesnar

Molly Holly def. Lita to retain the Women's title

Kane def. Shane McMahon

Basham Brothers def. Los Guerreros to retain the WWE Tag Titles

Team Bischoff def. Team Austin

Vince McMahon def. Undertaker

Goldberg def. Triple H to retain the World Championship

My Thoughts: It seems as if the new PPV trend is no title changes on the joint PPVs. All in all, the PPV was pretty decent. All of the matches were pretty watchable, though the RAW elimination match seems like a waste of time now since it was only used to try to get Randy Orton over. I did enjoy the Brock Lesnar/Goldberg confrontation, and I wonder if that will set up a match between the two in the future. Speaking of RAW/Smackdown stuff, I hope they explain why Kane help Vince beat 'Taker, since Kane is a RAW wrestler. And I'm glad that Triple H lost.

I'm giving the 2003 Survivor Series a B+ for a decent show.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Survivor Series results:

Team Angle def. Team Lesnar

Molly Holly def. Lita to retain the Women's title

Kane def. Shane McMahon

Basham Brothers def. Los Guerreros to retain the WWE Tag Titles

Team Bischoff def. Team Austin

Vince McMahon def. Undertaker

Goldberg def. Triple H to retain the World Championship

My Thoughts: It seems as if the new PPV trend is no title changes on the joint PPVs. All in all, the PPV was pretty decent. All of the matches were pretty watchable, though the RAW elimination match seems like a waste of time now since it was only used to try to get Randy Orton over. I did enjoy the Brock Lesnar/Goldberg confrontation, and I wonder if that will set up a match between the two in the future. Speaking of RAW/Smackdown stuff, I hope they explain why Kane help Vince beat 'Taker, since Kane is a RAW wrestler. And I'm glad that Triple H lost.

I'm giving the 2003 Survivor Series a B+ for a decent show.

Puh, the SC v Bish match made me want to throw up at the end. Batistda came out, and wrecked an already injured HBK, which was way too stupid for my taste. If this is the last of Stone Cold, I think Ill hurt myself.

The Taker/Kane thing is simple. Remember when Vince said to Kane "What would I do, with a monster in my hands?" got that evil grin, and left it? Well, I knew especialy after the skit about Father and Son fighting brothers...

I give this PPV a D-

It was severly lacking

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2003, 11:13 PM »
This week's SmackDown! Spoilers.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2004, 09:11 AM »
Hey wrasslin fans...

The local radio Sports station here in Minneapolis (KFAN) has Brock Lesnar on once or twice a month, the host Mike Morris (former Vikings player) is really good friends with Brock, he confirmed that he is indeed retiring in hopes of playing in the NFL, Brock will be on the show the day after WrestleMania and announce his plans, he has even hired an agent.  Morris said Brock was sick of the Entertainment and wanted to experience "real" competition again...

I think he would be an awesome D lineman

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2004, 05:46 PM »
Wrestlemania should be the **** come sunday. Ive already got plans!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...